ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA Championship Thread

The top 6, separated by 6 strokes, isn't going to draw the casual golf fan to watch on TV. Certainly not household names. One of them will become Champion and for all but Ancer it will be their first PGA Tour win. If you want a local angle, Cameron's dad, Dave, is Head Pro at Sleepy Hallow Country Club in Westchester County. Should be an exciting day.

Reactions: Terry_2426
Tiger seems to only be able to handle the first 2 rounds right now. He’s a baggabones by the time saturday rolls around

Jack Nicklaus is on ESPN right now. He said he and Tiger had a talk about playing in pain at the Masters Champions dinner. Tiger told him the doctors said he is going still be hurting a year from now so if he plays he'll have to deal with it. He gave TW major props for trying.

The top 6, separated by 6 strokes, isn't going to draw the casual golf fan to watch on TV. Certainly not household names. One of them will become Champion and for all but Ancer it will be their first PGA Tour win. If you want a local angle, Cameron's dad, Dave, is Head Pro at Sleepy Hallow Country Club in Westchester County. Should be an exciting day.
OT - I played the Bay Course at Seaview Resort Thursday. It's not the course to play after a multi year layoff as we discussed months ago but they wanted to play a course they've seen on TV. Birdied 17 but the rest of the day was scramble for bogeys and double lol.

OT - I played the Bay Course at Seaview Resort Thursday. It's not the course to play after a multi year layoff as we discussed months ago but they wanted to play a course they've seen on TV. Birdied 17 but the rest of the day was scramble for bogeys and double lol.
Well it couldn have been worse. They could have picked Bethpage Black! 🤣

Reactions: knightfan7
Let's hear your picks
Who you want to win.
Who you think will win.
The longshot who you would bet on. Betting odds are crazy. Favorites are Rahm and Sheffler at +$1200!!

Three I would love to see win are Koepka, Finau, and Niemann. Koepka is a favorite. Niemann wouldn't surprise me, Finau would shock the world.

I'll go with Sheffler to win. I think Rory is the last golfer to win back to back majors.

Tom Pieters is my longshot.
Anybody think that LEE TREVINO has a shot? (loved that man)

Of course Rory is on fire right now. That triple on the par 3 was a killer.

Van de Velde off the hook
Not even close. He started the day up by 5. A double at 18 gets him the win. Still stupid hitting driver by both. More like some of Norman's late round collapses. Awful choice and as Faldo said he should have walked the green before the chip. That is a weekend golfer mistake.

If I told you Thomas/Zalatoris playoff prior to the tournament, most would have signed up for it. We got it. My gut tells me Zalatoris wins. However I picked JT. Looking forward to it.

I'm still watching the last two holes and I just saw above JT won. It was obvious he was the only decent golfer out there today. Around 12 he looked like the favorite to me.

This was the worst (except I guess for JT) golf I have ever seen in the last round of a major. These leaders sucked.

And my guy Will Z. That guy has a worse slice than me.

This is what happens when you only have one proven winner in contention. A crappy last round.

My brother and I have a contest for each of the majors. We each pick 5 different guys, 1 from the top 10 in the world rankings, 1 from 11-20, 1 from 21-30, 1 from 31-40 and 1 from 41-50. Low cumulative score wins. If one of your 5 wins the tourny, you get bonus points. I had JT, Koepka, Fitzpatrick, Lowry and Leishman. He had Rahm, Spieth, Zalatoris, Henley and Connors. If a player misses the cut (like Connors) you get to substitute with any player who is in the bottom 25 of those making the cut. He chose Morikawa. Pretty cool that we would end up picking the guys who finished 1-2. My team won by 21 strokes and I didn't even need the bonus.

Reactions: RUScrew85
This course was a very good test. Perreira could not execute on the 17th and 18th. Would have loved to see him win, but you have to play 72 holes and the last three holes become real hard at the end of the tournament, especially the majors.

The CBS crew needs a major change. They are so boring. Put Tiger and Phil in the booth with Barkley.

Had a JT 21/1 ticket and a Mito 140/1 ticket -- both would have paid out the same but not hitting the Mito one feels like it hurts a lot more. He's has the mental makeup to come back from that and pull one off sometime in the future though. He'll be fun to watch in future years.

Had a JT 21/1 ticket and a Mito 140/1 ticket -- both would have paid out the same but not hitting the Mito one feels like it hurts a lot more. He's has the mental makeup to come back from that and pull one off sometime in the future though. He'll be fun to watch in future years.

Yeah I don't Know much about him. But if a golfer is going to win Majors they usually lose a couple the hard way first.

Not even close. He started the day up by 5. A double at 18 gets him the win. Still stupid hitting driver by both. More like some of Norman's late round collapses. Awful choice and as Faldo said he should have walked the green before the chip. That is a weekend golfer mistake.
Agreed, bad finish, but not a JVdV level debacle. He also made a ton of pressure par putts to keep it from being a much worse round. If he had just hit a better chip on 17 (should've been able to get it within 4-5' up the hill) and made birdie, then, 2 strokes up on 18, he could've easily just played 3-iron, then 3-iron to on/near the green and been able to almost guarantee bogey to win. But with only a 1 stroke lead on a really hard hole, driver was his best bet for making a 4...but was also the only likely way to make a 6, so 3-wood was probably the best play.

When you have flaws in your game, they will manifest itself at the end. It has to. The stakes get high.
In Mito's case, it may be mental. He just was not tough like JT and WZ. Experience makes you tough if you learn form it.
The way you finish is how good you are. And that is what matters in golf, business and life.

Not a good look for Phil again. Even though people have been saying for years Phil is a douche, I am pretty surprised it's all coming out now. Seems like it's more than just the LIV stuff at this point.

Not a good look for Phil again. Even though people have been saying for years Phil is a douche, I am pretty surprised it's all coming out now. Seems like it's more than just the LIV stuff at this point.
It's all coming out now because the book coming out by Adam Shipnuck has stories from fellow golfers, friends, caddies etc where they were told it was a lifetime book celebrating his PGA Championship at 50.

It's all coming out now because the book coming out by Adam Shipnuck has stories from fellow golfers, friends, caddies etc where they were told it was a lifetime book celebrating his PGA Championship at 50.
Supposedly there's a 2nd one coming out that is even worse for Phil.

Phil has always been a tremendous assclown. Guy is straight unprofessional off camera (and on camera sometimes). Been rooting against him ever since he threw a kids hat in the garbage at Shinnecock in 2004.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT