ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA golf is back! In Prime Time!

WhiteBus

Hall of Famer
Oct 4, 2011
I ignore all the post FedEx final tournaments that are considered 2022. Fields stink for the most part.
Hawaii has always started the PGA calendar! It looks awesome there today. Yesterday was super windy. Today gorgeous.
Have no predictions for the year. No one of this generation stays hot for more then a few years then drop off the face of the earth. Speith is playing after good 2021 but after his early success I thought he was the "next" guy. Turns out he is kind of a head case. Rory? Thomas? If he can stay healthy I like Koepka but that is a big if.
Who you got in 2022?

I ignore all the post FedEx final tournaments that are considered 2022. Fields stink for the most part.
Hawaii has always started the PGA calendar! It looks awesome there today. Yesterday was super windy. Today gorgeous.
Have no predictions for the year. No one of this generation stays hot for more then a few years then drop off the face of the earth. Speith is playing after good 2021 but after his early success I thought he was the "next" guy. Turns out he is kind of a head case. Rory? Thomas? If he can stay healthy I like Koepka but that is a big if.
Who you got in 2022?

Morikawa

Reactions: BossNJ and beaced
I keep thinking Max Homa is going to break out. Also believe Hovland could win a major at any point. Should be a fun year.

Hovland breaks top 10 money list in 2022, breaks top 5 in 2 majors, legit shot a major title in 1 of them.

I like Patrick Cantlay to continue his play from 2021. Darkhorse: Sam Burns

Crazy that Wolff and Hovland joined the tour at the same time. Many (including Taylormade) thought Wolff was the can’t miss guy.

So who makes a move today and who falls off the cliff. Phil is struggling, admitted it, with the hills so I expect him to fall from sight. Guessing Koepka get closer to the top.

So who makes a move today and who falls off the cliff. Phil is struggling, admitted it, with the hills so I expect him to fall from sight. Guessing Koepka get closer to the top.
Phil look exhausted after the round on Thursday. Is it that hilly or is Phil out of shape?

Phil look exhausted after the round on Thursday. Is it that hilly or is Phil out of shape?
It's extremely hilly. Haven't played the course, but driven thru the area by the complex and walked out to the Dragon's Teeth at Makaluapuna point, which is off one of the holes on the Bay course next door.

One of the commentators said last night that all the caddies say that this course is the hardest to walk or something to that effect.

dragons-teeth-eroded-volcanic-rock-makaluapuna-point-kapalua-maui-hawaii-pacific-ocean-2B6G5CR.jpg

8722083105_69c54abf2e_b.jpg

If you watched yesterday the on course announcer had a level with him to show that there isn't a flat place on the course. Some 12-14% grades. As a cyclist that shit isn't fun.

Just got back this afternoon. Was there Wednesday playing the Bay course and Thursday. Plantation is that hilly.

Holland and Finau have the talent to win a major or 5 in there career but they both have that bad round. Big fan of both.

Finau has such an effortless swing but to me it doesn't look as refined as many other of the best. He looks like an athlete kicking the courses ass not really a refined PGA player to me. But he just crushes the ball with that short backswing.

Reactions: WhiteBus
The course might be tough to walk but easy to score. Feel bad for Smith. Shoots 9 under and lose a 3 stroke lead.

The steadiest golfer this year will be Sam Burns. He throws low #'s every outing he plays in.

Reactions: tomatocan
Going to see if I can guess a major winner for this year:

Masters: Spieth
PGA: JT
US Open: Brooks
British: Bryson

Unlikely that 4 Americans win the four majors this year especially with guys like Rahm, Rory, and Vik out there but the talent is so deep coming into this season.

Going to see if I can guess a major winner for this year:

Masters: Spieth
PGA: JT
US Open: Brooks
British: Bryson

Unlikely that 4 Americans win the four majors this year especially with guys like Rahm, Rory, and Vik out there but the talent is so deep coming into this season.

i think Hovland gets his major this year

Finau has such an effortless swing but to me it doesn't look as refined as many other of the best. He looks like an athlete kicking the courses ass not really a refined PGA player to me. But he just crushes the ball with that short backswing.
What's more important, how pretty his swing is or the score on the card? His game from tee to green is great. On the green, he's not very good.

Maybe we can get a TKR PGA major pool going.

rules:
Can only pick the players once.
Pick 5 every major
Pot is split at the end for total prize money and total low score

Reactions: mikemarc1
I was a year long golf fantasy league and it was a lot of work but just the majors sounds great. I wouldn't restrict how many times you can pick a player.

I was a year long golf fantasy league and it was a lot of work but just the majors sounds great. I wouldn't restrict how many times you can pick a player.
That’s the fun of it. can’t load up on favorites every tournament.

That’s the fun of it. can’t load up on favorites every tournament.
It's fun when a favorite misses the cut and 60% of fantasy players are done on day 2. Our rule was a missed cut was -$100k against your total.

I was in a golf league for a couple of years a long time ago. Finished 3rd one year when Larry Nelson made a birdie on 18 at Firestone for 2nd or 3rd in the TOC. That's how long ago it was. A couple friends and I have a masters pool every year.

It was based on Earnings each tourney and you couldn't pick a pro more than once.

BTW, who said this on Thursday?

"Cam Smith is not someone to ignore"

That didn't take long. Man must know his golf.😄

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
Didn't the final round usually go a little later than 8 PM ET? I seem to recall coverage ending around 10 AM ET in the past.

I believe they started off early for TV. Only 38-40 players yet 1st tee time was 8am and they were all off before 11 local time.
My group had a pool and you picked 3 golfers per major. Most under par wins combined with your 3 guys

ADVERTISEMENT