ADVERTISEMENT

OT: PGA (not Tiger related)

jtung230

Heisman Winner
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone know what’s going on with Matthew Wolff? Seems like all four wheels are coming off at the same time.

Anyone know what’s going on with Matthew Wolff? Seems like all four wheels are coming off at the same time.
Wheels fell off. It happens. Started poorly, lost focus and then tried to mail it in and it got worse. Hits his ball while practicing a putt. Shows his mind wasn't on the game but an embarrassing moment

Wheels fell off. It happens. Started poorly, lost focus and then tried to mail it in and it got worse. Hits his ball while practicing a putt. Shows his mind wasn't on the game but an embarrassing moment
I don’t put much in one round but think the same thing happened at the Farmers. Hate to see it with such a young player. At least Jordan is playing well again.

At the Farmers he WD due to blisters on his hands from over practice or something like that. Not sure if its something related or what.

His swing though is so unique, I can see it going off the rails fairly easily. Furyk has a unique swing too, but once he gets to the top, its fine. (Can't remember who said it about Furyk, but the line was "his swing looks like an octopus falling out of a tree" or something like that).

Reactions: RUScrew85
At the Farmers he WD due to blisters on his hands from over practice or something like that. Not sure if its something related or what.

His swing though is so unique, I can see it going off the rails fairly easily. Furyk has a unique swing too, but once he gets to the top, its fine. (Can't remember who said it about Furyk, but the line was "his swing looks like an octopus falling out of a tree" or something like that).
IT doesn't matter what your back awing looks lile. As long as it gets you into a proper position for your down swing.

What coach can he go to to fix that swing? It’s way outside the norms.

Funny... I just looked at Furyks swing and Wolffs. Wolff brings his club back very upright, but drops down on his downswing.

Furyk brings it back upright, then actually goes higher!

Wolff -

Furyk -

Colin Morikawa with a heck of a third round going. Rory also.

Morikawa, Horschel, Koepka, Simpson, Reed, McIlroy closely bunched on Sunday.

Such a great golf course that can be punishing if you miss the green and lots of water that comes into play.

Course slope is 155. A ten handicap could shoot 120 there on a bad day.

I'm gonna say that his swing will never hold up over time or pressure but then again Jim Furyk (SP?) been playing a long time.

ETA: I see we are in agreement,.

Morikawa, Horschel, Koepka, Simpson, Reed, McIlroy closely bunched on Sunday.

Such a great golf course that can be punishing if you miss the green and lots of water that comes into play.

Course slope is 155. A ten handicap could shoot 120 there on a bad day.

Yeah that course is a Monster but the greens look slow to me. Not a flat part on them but they look slow to me.

I appreciate the Tiger tribute by the players but that Nike golf shirt is fuguly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT