ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Point Pleasant?

When i lived in S. Brunswick we used to take my daughters there all the time, loved the atmosphere, but I have not been in many years.

Seems like its quite the party scene now, may head up there this weekend to catch some of the festivities.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...nt-beach-after-hundreds-gather-for-party.html
I wouldn't go for the beach (better options), but it's still a great place for the rides, games, and aquarium (once they open). We go there often with our daughter.

Reactions: Jm0513
Reactions: knightfan7
Everything is relative. As one poster said, the better choice is much farther south. When you look at things nearby however, it is much better than Seaside for families. It also depends on what hour of the day or evening you’re there, especially when bars reopen

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Major fatal accident on Route 22 involved kids returning from PP.
Three dead and two hospitalized.

When i lived in S. Brunswick we used to take my daughters there all the time, loved the atmosphere, but I have not been in many years.

Seems like its quite the party scene now, may head up there this weekend to catch some of the festivities.

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...nt-beach-after-hundreds-gather-for-party.html
Smoking "weed".. idk why I laughed each time he said that. That's disgusting how it was treated. There was some rapper there. I wonder if people caught word and went to party?! Anyway, as I said I've never seen it like that. I've walked back to the house at 2am(it's right near Jenks) and was never fearful.

It’s a little more like Seaside now than it was in the late 1990’s in my opinion.

Seems a long way to go to party. Since you live in a dry town, I assume that’s not a priority, so what’s your point?

Reactions: cicero grimes
It’s a little more like Seaside now than it was in the late 1990’s in my opinion.

Seems a long way to go to party. Since you live in a dry town, I assume that’s not a priority, so what’s your point?

Nostalgia I guess, spent a lot of good times there. Living in a dry town doesn't mean you don't party. OC is often referred to as the "wettest dry town in America" You should see my recycling bin on trash day.

My brother lives in PPB. Still a good place to go and not even close to being seaside. It has changed some but not drastically.

Reactions: Jm0513
In 1987 my daughter and I took a ride on Christmas Day.Wound up eating Supper at a Restaurant in Point Pleasant.The only one open .A sea food place.Down towards Jenkinson's Pavillion.Used to go there with family,occasionally,in the summer for the beach.Long time ago.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Nostalgia I guess, spent a lot of good times there. Living in a dry town doesn't mean you don't party. OC is often referred to as the "wettest dry town in America" You should see my recycling bin on trash day.
+1
The bridge goes both ways! :)

The other reason being I take a vacation day every Friday from June to October and a lot of those days my wife and I take our bikes to different beach towns, ride around, have lunch and a few drinks then drive home. We have pretty much hit every coastal town from Sandy Hook to Dewey Beach, DE but have not been to Pt Pleasant in so many years.

The other reason being I take a vacation day every Friday from June to October and a lot of those days my wife and I take our bikes to different beach towns, ride around, have lunch and a few drinks then drive home. We have pretty much hit every coastal town from Sandy Hook to Dewey Beach, DE but have not been to Pt Pleasant in so many years.
No love for Keansburg? A little gritty, but an interesting place to go.

Only a little?
Depends on how many beers one has had? I don't drink, and it never bothered me. But I love seedy little shore towns. I liked Belmar a lot more back in the day when Reggies was still there and there was rooftop golf.

back in the day, but its probably been 30+ years. IDK if thats worth driving all the way up from exit 30 on the GSP
You may be right. They have some cool stuff. A water park and go-karts, but if IIRC, Morey's Pier in Wildwood is pretty kickass, so it is easier for you to head South. We used to hit Keansburg for the claw machines and arcades when the kids were really young and we lived within 20 minutes. Have not been back since we moved to the Monmouth/Ocean border.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Awful
Last night?

Where on 22, by that stretch in Mountainside?
Story in Star Ledger says it was in Newark traveling westbound. Single car crash at 11:11pm. Three ejected, speed not a factor. One killed was former Irvington football and wrestling star Nashawn Brooks who played football at Wagner last year

I am 66 . My parties now are the quiet celebrations of a nice evacuation and 5 consecutive breaths and steps without making old guy sounds.And the occasional brownie or gummy.:Wink:

There was comment Howard Stern made (last couple of years) where he said “when did I start saying ‘umph’ when I stand up?”

It’s funny that it’s hard to resist “leaning in” to the old guy sounds. They can be very satisfying. A nice sigh. An “ahhhhh” after a sip from a drink. And so on.

There was comment Howard Stern made (last couple of years) where he said “when did I start saying ‘umph’ when I stand up?”

It’s funny that it’s hard to resist “leaning in” to the old guy sounds. They can be very satisfying. A nice sigh. An “ahhhhh” after a sip from a drink. And so on.
I don't drink coffee so I get my caffiene from Diet Coke. I've been doing the ahhhh thing since my days at Rutgers. And that first cold beer after a long bike ride. Ahhhh :Beer:

Hate to sound like Sarah Palin but I can see Point from my front porch. I used to take the kids when they were young but figure I 've been there maybe 2 times in the past 10 years. For me the shore stops at the Inlet, then picks up again in Cape May.

Besides @newell138 makes it tough for me to cross the border.

I don't drink coffee so I get my caffiene from Diet Coke. I've been doing the ahhhh thing since my days at Rutgers. And that first cold beer after a long bike ride. Ahhhh :Beer:

And you don’t like to “play off” funny comments.

There are a lot of people like that. For me I cal them...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT