ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Politi: Ex-"Rutgers" walk-on Logan Kelly gets 22 years for Tijuana murder

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Reactions: TM94goRU
They can't help themselves.

Was at Rutgers for a total of 3 games. He finished his career at the University of Montevallo in 2015-16 and 2016-17. But that's the headline.

Just proves Politi is a giant Richard. He and the flailing state newspaper are begging for clicks. It's like he (or the newspaper) can't help himself from being an ass.
Politi doesn't write the headlines. That honor goes to the idiot who is the sports editor. I can't think of his name right now, but I recall he is a Sadexcuse grad.

I doubt it's an anti-Rutgers thing. Probably more likely that sex and murder sell and they have to tie this killer to New Jersey somehow. People in America like money more than personal agendas.

I doubt it's an anti-Rutgers thing. Probably more likely that sex and murder sell and they have to tie this killer to New Jersey somehow. People in America like money more than personal agendas.
He went to Gov. Livingston High School in Berkeley Heights. He was the leading high school scorer in 2012. So how about:

Former Standout NJ High School Basketball Player Logan Kelly gets 22 years for Tijuana murder​

In his high school pictures, he looked a little off:

Q3LSVKEAN5FSXALVLKFL7R7SQQ.JPG

Do a google search for htis story.. NJ.com is the only one reporting it... by a sports reporter.

Bastards do it again!

I'm willing to bet the Tijuana Cartel are worse than all of the Latino American prison gangs.
There are now 100,000 people missing in Mexico, most believed to be missing due to drug gangs there. Their drug gangs are on a whole other level from ours. I can't imagine what their prisons are like.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I've seen the surveillance video of this murder..... it was an extremely cowardly act. He basically came up behind her and slit her throat. She never saw him.

Apparently, LK and the girl had a long relationship. The story I have heard is that she became pregnant by LK when she was just 15 years old (she was 19 when she was killed) and they had a 3 year old son together.

Motive appears to be that LK was furious to find out that the girl was working such a seedy job at an 'adult nightclub'.

Last edited:
The story is crazy and really well written. Politi is a really good writer, whether u like him or not.

Headline for print version of Star Ledger “Former hoops standout gets 22 years for Tijuana murder”
Star Ledger is a joke. That "standout" played a total of three games at Rutgers. And only two or three minutes in each

I've seen the surveillance video of this murder..... it was an extremely cowardly act. He basically came up behind her and slit her throat. She never saw him.

Apparently, LK and the girl had a long relationship. The story I have heard is that she became pregnant by LK when she was just 15 years old (she was 19 when she was killed) and they had a 3 year old son together.

Motive appears to be that LK was furious to find out that the girl was working such a seedy job at an 'adult nightclub'.
Are you sure about the timing of this? Logan Kelley was in Tijuana for 4 years before the murder?

First kid from Mountainside that I know of that ended up this way in Mexico. I used to think that Mountainside was a nice town. 😀

Star Ledger is a joke. That "standout" played a total of three games at Rutgers. And only two or three minutes in each
Headline did not says Rutgers standout. Article says high school standout, Rutgers walk on. And yes, RU mention was in first line of the article.,

Are you sure about the timing of this? Logan Kelley was in Tijuana for 4 years before the murder?

First kid from Mountainside that I know of that ended up this way in Mexico. I used to think that Mountainside was a nice town. 😀
No not certain, just what i read on a different message board

If it bleeds it leads. But Politi is a giant Richard.

ADVERTISEMENT