ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Poor forcasting

I figured the Mets game at noon today would get banged, but they might sneak it in. Horrible forecasting. What other profession can you be wrong the majority of the time?

Baseball player?
30% success rate hitting and your an all-star.
40% and you are a legend

Reactions: fsg2
ooh im scared

and it looks like you were wrong with your proclamation of .50 inches since New Brunswick and East Brunswick
Perhaps your oddest post ever. We're talking about the most irrelevant weather ever (some showers in April) and I posted a rainfall amount in your town that was much greater than what you posted, so no idea why you would even mention being "scared."

And then you bring up 0.50" in places I never mentioned - in an unintelligible sentence fragment to boot. All I said was we had 1/4" at the time and would likely get to 1/2" in Metuchen and we ended up with almost exactly that amount. You might need a break from the board.

The forecast messed me up because when I heard it was going to pour with rain I sprinkled an entire container of Preen on my driveway. And it didn't rain at all!

OT: For #'s @RU848789
My cousin's home in Colorado.. so fluffy lol
h7M5m8s.jpg

Reactions: fsg2 and RU848789
Two feet up high on the snowier side of the Rockies, supposedly still snowing. No sign of it in the valley.

I don't want to start something but scienctists can't predict the weather tomorrow witb 100% certitude but we're supposed to change our whole way of life because they can predict global temperatures 50 years from now?

I don't want to start something but scienctists can't predict the weather tomorrow witb 100% certitude but we're supposed to change our whole way of life because they can predict global temperatures 50 years from now?
I’ve been to enough RU climate seminars to get a good feel from the experts. The general consensus is no one exactly knows what’s going to happen 50 years from now as the earth is an amazing thing that we have only a limited understanding of. Anyone who says something is absolutely going to happen with regard to climate change is either speaking with emotion or has a political angle. The experts understand that the earth is extraordinarily dynamic and are using this as a learning experience to observe, report, and track rather than jinning up doom and gloom.

I’d also highly recommend attending RU climate seminars for anyone who has an interest in the topic. They are free and hosted on campus. You will find some brilliant minds on the panels and the discussion is excellent. It’s a breath of fresh air from the “experts” main stream media use in their clickbait articles.

Reactions: slyker and RUDead
50 or so for this Thirsday with gusty winds
Second week in a row I'll have to delay taking down a tree in my yard. I'm not going to chance it with the windy conditions. Thursday is a weekend day for me, so losing these spring weekends to weather sucks.

I’d also highly recommend attending RU climate seminars for anyone who has an interest in the topic. They are free and hosted on campus. You will find some brilliant minds on the panels and the discussion is excellent. It’s a breath of fresh air from the “experts” main stream media use in their clickbait articles.
Where can you find a listing of these? I'd be interested in attending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT