ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Post different types of beer you've tried, and how it was.

Have any of them moved more aggressively to delivery? The breweries did that here, but it may be more challenging in a larger state.
Although it adds to the bottom line nothing will replace the lost keg business.

Although it adds to the bottom line nothing will replace the lost keg business.

The brewery tap rooms have the highest margins for a small craft brewery, especially when they held large gatherings They have been closed for almost 6 months with no reopening in sight in FL. Same with bars. Their revenue stream has collapsed.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Anyone tried Stone Cold IPA?
I do have it the Store. Haven't tried it yet but I like what they make. The issue with Stone on the East Coast is availability. Can't count on regular product so they aren't my top choice for a few years now. California folks drink it in big numbers. Got a heads up from 2 local head brewers about this one recently and brought it in. Only allocated 1 case. Ugh.

I do have it the Store. Haven't tried it yet but I like what they make. The issue with Stone on the East Coast is availability. Can't count on regular product so they aren't my top choice for a few years now. California folks drink it in big numbers. Got a heads up from 2 local head brewers about this one recently and brought it in. Only allocated 1 case. Ugh.
That explains why I cant find it anywhere in NJ. Thought I saw it at Donkeys in Camden but I guess not.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Soooooo good

cape-may-brewing-bog-Cranberry-shandy-1.jpg
@Jm0513 you stopped drinking beer too soon.

Reactions: Jm0513
Was in Mass all week so put in my first order ever for Tree House and was able to pick up a case of all different IPAs. Only had 2 so far but the hype makes sense. Very delicious stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Postman_1
$12 for this bottle! 🤪 It was GROSS!!! I felt as if it was burning my esophagus with each sip.
7jFqRWR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: RutHut
Gablingers. A New England beer. Their motto was "It won't fill you up". So true. You couldn't drink it. Tasted like a vat of old socks.

Kane Mexican Dessert and Mexican Brunch 2020 were great.

Equilibrium Soft Baked Oatmeal Squares was very good.

Kane Almond Dream and Saturday Night Lights 2020 were good.

Equilibrium Cosmic Congruency was good but nothing special.

Troon Black is Beautiful was also good but nothing special.

Kane Mexican Dessert and Mexican Brunch 2020 were great.

Equilibrium Soft Baked Oatmeal Squares was very good.

Kane Almond Dream and Saturday Night Lights 2020 were good.

Equilibrium Cosmic Congruency was good but nothing special.

Troon Black is Beautiful was also good but nothing special.
How do u get all these tremendous beers all the time? I had some Equilibrium before but refuse to pay $25+ for a 4 pack. Prices are crazy

Reactions: Leonard23
How do u get all these tremendous beers all the time? I had some Equilibrium before but refuse to pay $25+ for a 4 pack. Prices are crazy
You have to remember, these beers are using a much higher percentage of ingredients/beer than a typical mass produced beer. Many are barrel aged, which obviously adds a lot of time to process. The ABV is much higher, so you're getting more bang for your buck.
Lastly, I don't know about you, but I'm only drinking 1, possibly 2 of these beers at a time. Do you want to pay $7 for a 72 oz of garbage, or $7 for 12 oz of something delicious you can appreciate? Depends on the palate of the drinker I suppose. I take the latter.

You have to remember, these beers are using a much higher percentage of ingredients/beer than a typical mass produced beer. Many are barrel aged, which obviously adds a lot of time to process. The ABV is much higher, so you're getting more bang for your buck.
Lastly, I don't know about you, but I'm only drinking 1, possibly 2 of these beers at a time. Do you want to pay $7 for a 72 oz of garbage, or $7 for 12 oz of something delicious you can appreciate? Depends on the palate of the drinker I suppose. I take the latter.

Oh I agree with you. I don’t like the places that mark them up like crazy. I saw on FB a store was selling Headdy Topper for $30 someone emailed Alchemist who makes Headdy and then the store corrected the price. It’s price gauging by greedy store owners. I understand the good stuff costs more just don’t try and rob is for it.

We almost bought that, but I was nervous I wouldn't like it. My bf drinks Pumking(?) "Pumpkin pie in a bottle"
Pumking by southern tier is an imperial and yes it is like pie. A little too heavy and sweet for me. Punkin is more balanced.

Reactions: Jm0513
Anyone who likes the pumpkin beers I definitely recommend Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale. The stuff is tremendous. Schlafly is a good one too. Cant go wrong with the Pumpking either.

"Nortourios Big Red" by Devils Creek Brewing in Collingswood is so potent at 11% ABV that a 5 ounce cup will have you thinking about calling for an Lyft lol. Pretty good though.

This looks like a potential winner:

KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge!

The newest KBS variant pays tribute to the sweet and rich Mackinac fudge that Michiganders know and love. We took our original KBS recipe and swapped out the traditional coffee mix for a Mackinac Fudge flavored coffee from our friends at
Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.
, added maple syrup and began the barrel-aging process. The end result is a decadent delight that will be available in 12oz bottles and on draft in our taprooms on October 8.

119871621_3284798361567590_6229648756909607195_o.jpg

Reactions: ATIOH and Postman_1
This looks like a potential winner:

KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge!

The newest KBS variant pays tribute to the sweet and rich Mackinac fudge that Michiganders know and love. We took our original KBS recipe and swapped out the traditional coffee mix for a Mackinac Fudge flavored coffee from our friends at
Ferris Coffee & Nut Co.
, added maple syrup and began the barrel-aging process. The end result is a decadent delight that will be available in 12oz bottles and on draft in our taprooms on October 8.

119871621_3284798361567590_6229648756909607195_o.jpg

KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge is here!

You can finally experience the rich chocolate, sweet maple syrup, Mackinac Fudge coffee and, of course, those oak bourbon barrel notes that we all love. Our second KBS variant is available in 4-packs of 12oz bottles and on draft. Stop in and grab a 4-pack or two for the weekend, you deserve it!

Everyone else will see it at their local retailers anytime in the next few weeks.

120904438_3336975519683207_6974160271005722192_o.jpg

Kane 3288 (9th Anniversary ale) is awesome and tastes almost identical to their small batch BA German Chocolate Cake Stout (not surprising since that's what this is). Thick, excellent blend of chocolate, vanilla, coconut and barrel with a nice roast from the pecans, and not too sweet...

This year the second bottle is 3288, a Barrel-Aged German Chocolate Imperial Stout. This complex blend of hand-picked barrel-aged imperial stouts, with an average barrel residence of over 22 months, was conditioned it on Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans, cacao nibs from Ghana, Uganda, and Ecuador, and freshly toasted pecans and coconut. The character from the barrels blends perfectly with the sweet chocolate, creamy vanilla and toast from the nuts to create a rich and decadent beer.

We almost bought that, but I was nervous I wouldn't like it. My bf drinks Pumking(?) "Pumpkin pie in a bottle"
Pumking and Shipyard Pumpkinhead are my two favorites amongst pumpkin beers. Unfortunately Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin (I picked up a few packs of them when I was in Maine last month along with their Smashed Blueberry, Finder Double IPA, and Old Thumer) doesn't quite work for me because the ale is too strongly flavored which overtakes the pumpkin flavoring too much. Shipyard Pumpkinhead is the perfect balance.

Also interesting was Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin which adds a little kick with Habenero

KBS Maple Mackinac Fudge is here!

You can finally experience the rich chocolate, sweet maple syrup, Mackinac Fudge coffee and, of course, those oak bourbon barrel notes that we all love. Our second KBS variant is available in 4-packs of 12oz bottles and on draft. Stop in and grab a 4-pack or two for the weekend, you deserve it!

Everyone else will see it at their local retailers anytime in the next few weeks.

120904438_3336975519683207_6974160271005722192_o.jpg
that sounds awesome

Reactions: Tango Two
Kane 3288 (9th Anniversary ale) is awesome and tastes almost identical to their small batch BA German Chocolate Cake Stout (not surprising since that's what this is). Thick, excellent blend of chocolate, vanilla, coconut and barrel with a nice roast from the pecans, and not too sweet...

This year the second bottle is 3288, a Barrel-Aged German Chocolate Imperial Stout. This complex blend of hand-picked barrel-aged imperial stouts, with an average barrel residence of over 22 months, was conditioned it on Madagascar bourbon vanilla beans, cacao nibs from Ghana, Uganda, and Ecuador, and freshly toasted pecans and coconut. The character from the barrels blends perfectly with the sweet chocolate, creamy vanilla and toast from the nuts to create a rich and decadent beer.
I bought Flying Monkey Chocolate Manifesto a bit ago but haven't got around to it yet.
https://www.flyingmonkeys.ca/beers/chocolate-manifesto

TASTE
The Chocolate Manifesto is our definitive statement on beer and chocolate. Unfermentable milk sugars, or lactose, gives this classic Milk Stout voluptuous body and velvety mouthfeel.
STYLE
Three strata of raw cacao nibs, cacao powder, and chocolate malt layer a triple doozie of chocolate in this unique Milk Stout. Earthy espresso notes and creamy chocolate dominate this ruby-lit, burnt umber bodied beer simmering with a welcoming 10% ABV of bittersweet warmth.

I bought Flying Monkey Chocolate Manifesto a bit ago but haven't got around to it yet.
https://www.flyingmonkeys.ca/beers/chocolate-manifesto

TASTE
The Chocolate Manifesto is our definitive statement on beer and chocolate. Unfermentable milk sugars, or lactose, gives this classic Milk Stout voluptuous body and velvety mouthfeel.
STYLE
Three strata of raw cacao nibs, cacao powder, and chocolate malt layer a triple doozie of chocolate in this unique Milk Stout. Earthy espresso notes and creamy chocolate dominate this ruby-lit, burnt umber bodied beer simmering with a welcoming 10% ABV of bittersweet warmth.
Sounds good

Kane 3285 (9th anniversary strong ale; they used to call this a Belgian-style quad) is excellent, nice barrel with some spice, malt and fruit...

The first bottle, 3285, is a blend of barrel-aged ales aged in rye whiskey barrels. This beer is released annually to commemorate our anniversary. Each year we save a portion of our previous anniversary beer to be blended with a fresh batch that is then aged for a year in rye whiskey barrels. We do this so that every anniversary ale contains a piece of our past and evolves and changes with the brewery over time.

Posted in the NJ brew thread. Tried SOMA IPA (South Orange Maplewood brewing company). Thought it was legit. second best IPA I tried this year. Jai Alai from Cigar City with a slight edge.

Reactions: Ridge 22
Having a Prairie Bomb. An imperial stout aged on coffee, chocolate, vanilla beans, and ancho chili peppers. Very good stout. I aged this one since last year. I can pick up all the tastes in the description of this beer but none of them are overpowering.

ADVERTISEMENT