ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Potential Significant to Major Winter Storm Saturday, 1/29/22 (but high uncertainty)

Measured 4 inches on the patio table (I imagine a little windblown) and 4.5 inches on the driveway.
Your excuse is it was cold out. Measure in the house next time! And never measure after getting out of the pool 😉

that seems high given the reports out of Hunterdon, likely measuring in a drift
My patio table lol? I'm a couple miles from the mercer border up on Rocktown Hill. Hunterdon is a big county that the storms usually cut across 202. The 8th inch never materialized. But come on man. Really?

Reactions: goru1869
NWS:

Here's an approximate look at how much snow has fallen so far, with many thanks to the hundreds of reports we've received from all of you! The map is limited by the spatial density of observations and will be refined further to smooth out a few outliers, but it provides a good overview. Also, while the map label displays an end time of 1PM, it is actually closer to 4PM (i.e., most reports before 4PM have been captured). Thanks again for all those reports!

272863885_312104857608952_5434934778052929576_n.jpg

Toms River "Bubble"

272926364_336772141654024_2666143285774466602_n.jpg

272872715_336772184987353_7178966504393133524_n.jpg

272925731_336772218320683_182185153487809299_n.jpg

272787997_336772271654011_3846140577137317378_n.jpg

272687444_336772304987341_7454208607103749093_n.jpg

272759026_336772354987336_8501445920222277241_n.jpg

inspectors were called out to a "Building collapse" of a membrane sports bubble. The nonessential utilities were secured and the building was posted unsafe. Stay safe everyone!
When I was in high school this happened multiple times, most notably Sandy. Surprised that it happened during this storm since the snow is so light

Freaking spent 2 and half hours shoveling as we got hammered down the shore. Getting a lift in now in my basement but my body is shot.

The storm was nothing compared to the temps and wind chill inland tonight and tomorrow! Feel bad for the coast people. Cape May has put elimination of driving in certain areas. They got crushed. And Mr know-it-all has egg on his face.

Fran Brown and the family enjoying the snow!

This was our first real snow since getting our hot tub a couple of weeks ago. Our back yard is a great sledding hill, so my kids and I hopped out of the hot tub and took sleds down the hill in our bathing suits then made snow angels. It was a blast.

Just got done shoveling/snow blowing in Hamilton. Snow drifts make it tuff to measure. Im going with 8", it was light and fluffy snow. When snow blowing it was blowing right back at your face from the wind. The forecast was spot on for me I'd say. I used my snow rake on the roof hopefully I avoid the ice damns I had last year.
Time for a hot chocolate with fireball
I used to have crazy ice dams until I air sealed and added insulation in the attic.

Reactions: Postman_1
Probably got a foot of snow in Freehold area. Looks like Models / Mets did a good job

Talking about models, Wendy is feeling much better as the snow has departed. Wendy and her BFFs will be watching a slew of Scream and Jurassic Park movies tonight
Wendy is looking forward to jogging later during the week as the snow and her waistline melts away. Too much food from the Hilldborough deli will increase the waistline and too much sciatica from the storm shifts will do that !

Wendy also told me Jaden Jones will score points tonight.

Great memories.

My wife is sane enough to skip the sled, but she did join us for snow angels. (I actually think she got that backwards, the sledding was easier then the angels.)

I have been telling my family stories for years about my experiences in Finland and Lithuania with the saunas followed by jumping in the snow or the frozen rivers, so they finally got to experience something close to that.

BTW, you are 100% correct on the great memories part, worth every penny of the money we spent on the hot tub.

Thanks

Definitely not a bust in the Philadelphia suburbs. Not even close. In my town of Devon, PA, we’re already above 6 inches and it’s still coming down nearly as hard now as it was at 7 AM this morning.
It's a bust in Newark De. Forecast for 4-9. We got around 3".

Just shoveled 3" total
If every storm rest of the way was like this I would be happy.
March is when we get the Con Ed emergency storms even though Feb has most snow statistically

NWS:

Here's an approximate look at how much snow has fallen so far, with many thanks to the hundreds of reports we've received from all of you! The map is limited by the spatial density of observations and will be refined further to smooth out a few outliers, but it provides a good overview. Also, while the map label displays an end time of 1PM, it is actually closer to 4PM (i.e., most reports before 4PM have been captured). Thanks again for all those reports!

272863885_312104857608952_5434934778052929576_n.jpg
Cant be. That spot in south Hunterdon just under Jersey's chin and just north of Mercer county says 8.1 lol.

This was our first real snow since getting our hot tub a couple of weeks ago. Our back yard is a great sledding hill, so my kids and I hopped out of the hot tub and took sleds down the hill in our bathing suits then made snow angels. It was a blast.
After snow blowing mine and the neighbors long drive I hopped in ours we got last year. Sitting there in all the snow around with my western hat and a glass of bourbon. Priceless.

I have been telling my family stories for years about my experiences in Finland and Lithuania with the saunas followed by jumping in the snow or the frozen rivers, so they finally got to experience something close to that.

Used to do that up at Killington and Mount Snow after a day of skiing!

My patio table lol? I'm a couple miles from the mercer border up on Rocktown Hill. Hunterdon is a big county that the storms usually cut across 202. The 8th inch never materialized. But come on man. Really?
Because it was a BUST?

I was talking about the plus 1 on top of the 7 we had. According to Mt Holly we got 8.1 vs. forecast of 4 to 8.
Not busted here .
But the way people all over were talking it was a bust. We were supposed to be digging out from this storm until June.

Reactions: miket007
But the way people all over were talking it was a bust. We were supposed to be digging out from this storm until June.
Everyone was talking about the diagonal line as cross to get state. That's how it happened but one thing i believe this state does really well is clear snow. We'll never be digging out.
Had 15 trucks plowing within 10 miles back and forth all night and day. The last 2 hours they were plowing pavement.

We have stayed at southernmost beach resort the last couple times but opted for a VRBO at the Galleon resort in Mallory square this time

my neighbor is reporting 16 inches in OC with more coming
Very nice. We stayed at southernmost our previous trip. Honestly anywhere is nice down there. Enjoy!

Reactions: newell138
Yup that's what the map shows.

Driveway is mostly clear. Waiting for the town to plow me back in.

Seems about right. Could not find a consistent spot (or the will) to measure. On our roof, some spots are bare and others have 3-4 ft drifts
I got more. ☹️

Snowblower prep jinx didn’t work. But it did start without needing the electric start in this cold. So I had that going for me.

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT