ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Power Outage in Linden

MadRU

Hall of Famer
Jul 26, 2001
Here in Linden without power since 1pm. ETA for power is 6am tomorrow according to PSE&G

Power went out in EB around noon - PSEG website said it would be out until 9:30am Thursday, but it came back on about an hour ago.

We were off and on here for a while but then at 1pm it went out. Nothing since so far. Hopefully we get as lucky as you.

Here in Linden without power since 1pm. ETA for power is 6am tomorrow according to PSE&G

Well, you know this concerns me. I did not know you were in Linden. Im hoping to get back soon for a visit.

Various estimates from PSE&G around Colonia/Clark are saying Thursday AM.
Believe that's their standard time frame to tell people once they hit a certain number of outages. Because my mother-in-law down in Bordentown got the same time frame Thank God it's cool and not humid tonight. Fan on a generator might just do the trick.

Lost power in Somerset, for about 2 hrs this afternoon.

Believe that's their standard time frame to tell people once they hit a certain number of outages. Because my mother-in-law down in Bordentown got the same time frame Thank God it's cool and not humid tonight. Fan on a generator might just do the trick.
Power came back on around 830 PM. That's a good break for him.

Still out in sections of Spring Lake Heights, Spring Lake and Sea Girt.

JCP&L certainly seems worse than the other power companies. I guess it’s locations and equipment ?
Power came back on yesterday at 430, out at 6. Whole neighborhood has power back last night by 10pm but my street was dark, and the power is still out this morning. Website and text updates say restoration by 1130pm thursday. Pretty annoying. (I have PSEG)

Power came back on yesterday at 430, out at 6. Whole neighborhood has power back last night by 10pm but my street was dark, and the power is still out this morning. Website and text updates say restoration by 1130pm thursday. Pretty annoying. (I have PSEG)

They usually overestimate restoration times . Hopefully you’re back on today .

JCP&L certainly seems worse than the other power companies. I guess it’s locations and equipment ?

They are worse
We have been out since about 11:30 yesterday

We have an entire house generator as do about 10 of my neighbors

Same :Angry
UZjwuQe.jpg

Portions of South Plainfield lost it around 1:30 pm yesterday and got it back approximately 12:30 am this morning.

Out in Parsippany since noon yesterday. No timetable for restoration.

Much of the town seems out, been driving around yet all I saw was two downed wires. Weird.

Scotch Plains has been out since noon yesterday with no real time table either.

PSEG = pretty shitty electric and gas

Entire neighborhood has power but my block is still dark. Apparently we on a grid with the neighborhood on the other side of the tpke - where I hear a breaker has to be reset, which of course they won't do because there's "more important" stuff to do.

I understand everything got f'd up but it's still ridiculous. In EB this was like an hour long storm, no sandy. Pretty fed up...

PSEG = pretty shitty electric and gas

Entire neighborhood has power but my block is still dark. Apparently we on a grid with the neighborhood on the other side of the tpke - where I hear a breaker has to be reset, which of course they won't do because there's "more important" stuff to do.

I understand everything got f'd up but it's still ridiculous. In EB this was like an hour long storm, no sandy. Pretty fed up...
I lived in areas covered by PSEG AND JCPL and I found PSEG was far superior

Significantly less outages and when they occurred they were fixed way sooner

I used to tend to agree. My parents in HP are PSEG, my grandmother in Monroe, jcpl. During sandy my parents lost power for 1 night, my grandmother for a week. This time, my mom lost power for about an hour in HP, my grandmother lost power but it was back by 3pm this afternoon, and my girlfriend's parents down in seaside (also jcpl) got power back in the middle of the night last night. In my travels today, I didn't see a single PSEG or jcpl crew working.

Just seems like they got caught with their pants down yesterday and it doesn't seem like they're doing much to pick them back up.

I used to tend to agree. My parents in HP are PSEG, my grandmother in Monroe, jcpl. During sandy my parents lost power for 1 night, my grandmother for a week. This time, my mom lost power for about an hour in HP, my grandmother lost power but it was back by 3pm this afternoon, and my girlfriend's parents down in seaside (also jcpl) got power back in the middle of the night last night. In my travels today, I didn't see a single PSEG or jcpl crew working.

Just seems like they got caught with their pants down yesterday and it doesn't seem like they're doing much to pick them back up.
I think you just got unlucky (as per where your home is on the grid). That's all.

interesting . Lots of things come into a real estate decision . Maybe electric service should be a factor

Reactions: tom1944
Power came back on at 8 pm yesterday & went back off at 5 pm tonite:Angry

Never lost power in Manchester, but one of my sisters and her family still don’t have power in Howell.

Still isolated outages in Bergen County as of 7PM. Paramus, Glen Rock, Fair Lawn, Ridgewood, Teaneck & Englewood.

This time, my mom lost power for about an hour in HP, my grandmother lost power but it was back by 3pm this afternoon, and my girlfriend's parents down in seaside (also jcpl) got power back in the middle of the night last night. In my travels today, I didn't see a single PSEG or jcpl crew working.
I also have JCPL. Not sure what power Gods I inadvertently paid homage to, but went out around 4pm power back on by 10pm. And most of Howell is still out. My wife and I jumped in the shower as soon as it came on to make sure we were clean in case it went back out. We have our own well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT