ADVERTISEMENT

OT: R.I.P. - Cindy Williams

colbert17

Heisman Winner
Aug 30, 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
Of Laverne and Shirley fame at age 75. Also one of the stars of American Graffiti.
R.I.P.

Is it me or does it seem like there have been a lot of celebrity deaths recently?

Omg so many this month already

She was a funny lady and show was hugely popular for a time but she made a big mistake in her contract battle with producers. The show went on without her another seasob

RIP

Last edited:
RIP Cindy a true trailblazer who stood her ground , walking away instead of capitulating by accepting terms she felt unfair to her and her unborn child.

Cindy Williams Suddenly Quits 'Laverne and Shirley'
>Cindy Williams’ run on Laverne & Shirley came to a seemingly abrupt end in the fall of 1982, when she left the show two episodes into its eighth season.
Laverne & Shirley wasn’t renewed at the end of its eighth season, and the show quietly faded from ABC’s schedule after its season finale in May 1983. Meanwhile, Williams continued to have a long and successful acting career, appearing in a variety of other TV shows and films.
https://ultimateclassicrock.com/cindy-williams-last-laverne-and-shirley/

RIP, funny lady.

waynes-world-laverne-and-shirley-parody.gif

I despised "Laverne & Shirley", along with the rest of the "Happy Days" universe. I also hated "Welcome Back Kotter".

All of those shows had a tendency to glorify slackers. Lack of true ambition was something to be celebrated, as long as the characters were hard at work looking for shortcuts.

Personal accountability died in the ABC comedy lineup.

Wow. I was an eyewitness and didn't even realize it.
I say it goes even further back to The Honeymooners. Ralph and Ed always trying to take short cuts for get rich quick schemes.
When the history of Western Civilization is written who would have guessed that it's downfall would begin with the words: homina, homina, homina.

I despised "Laverne & Shirley", along with the rest of the "Happy Days" universe. I also hated "Welcome Back Kotter".

All of those shows had a tendency to glorify slackers. Lack of true ambition was something to be celebrated, as long as the characters were hard at work looking for shortcuts.

That is an odd take

I say it goes even further back to The Honeymooners. Ralph and Ed always trying to take short cuts for get rich quick schemes.
When the history of Western Civilization is written who would have guessed that it's downfall would begin with the words: homina, homina, homina.

Funny.

Don’t forget The Three Stooges and Abbott and Costello. None of them could hold a job. The Bowery Boys and The Little Rascals were even worse.

Don’t get me started on Bugs Bunny.

Funny.

Don’t forget The Three Stooges and Abbott and Costello. None of them could hold a job. The Bowery Boys and The Little Rascals were even worse.

Don’t get me started on Bugs Bunny.

The Bowery Boys should have all been in prison.

Reactions: MADHAT1
When the history of Western Civilization is written who would have guessed that it's downfall would begin with the words: homina, homina, homina

And think Sgt. Bilko and F Troop. What a bunch of featherbedding slackers. And the Hekawi, those Native American hustlers.

And think Sgt. Bilko and F Troop. What a bunch of featherbedding slackers. And the Hekawi, those Native American hustlers.

And perverts, too. Don't forget perverts - Wrangler Jane was only 16.

My mom grew up with no electricity or plumbing in rural Missouri in the 1930s.
Her two younger sisters were married and had kids by the time they were 16.

Last edited:
Funny. Somehow a discussion about Cindy Williams turned into an argument about F Troop - an argument I participated in.

As for Cindy Williams, I was not the hugest fan of Laverne and Shirley, but she seemed like a nice person.

Melody Patterson told a little fib when asked if she was 18 in reading for the part of Wrangler Jane in the comedy "F Troop." She still wasn't quite 16 at the reading. One day after she accidently let slip her real age, all the cast members who had shown a lot of interest in her all of a sudden kept their distance.

She was actually one of the many teenagers in "Bye, Bye Birdie" and was married to actor James MacArthur (Danno in the original Hawaii Five-0) for five years. She died in 2015 and was cremated.

ADVERTISEMENT