ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Residential windows

CERU00

All Conference
Feb 10, 2005
Getting some 29 yr old builders grade aluminum double hung windows replaced. Looked at OKNA, Softlite and Thermal industries. After much research went with the OKNA 800 DX. Anyone else have these installed?

I have OKNA brand installed. Cheaper version but very happy with them. They appear to be good windows. How much you pay per window installed if you don't mind?

I found a small outfit for the install. The owner is all over the window forums and is legit. Our install will be a bit more complex than the typical "express" install as he's going to cut the Alum siding to fit a window of the same size as the orig. His seal does not rely on a single bead of sealant as is often the case. I'm paying $610 per window. I still have to decide how I want the exterior trimmed. I was impressed at the design of the OKNA compared to the Thermal Industries and even the Softlite.

I found a small outfit for the install. The owner is all over the window forums and is legit. Our install will be a bit more complex than the typical "express" install as he's going to cut the Alum siding to fit a window of the same size as the orig. His seal does not rely on a single bead of sealant as is often the case. I'm paying $610 per window. I still have to decide how I want the exterior trimmed. I was impressed at the design of the OKNA compared to the Thermal Industries and even the Softlite.

Who is it if you don't mind me asking? We need to get some siding done.

JMJ Custom Windows out of Woodstown. They're strictly windows though.

ADVERTISEMENT