ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Alec Jon Such (Bon Jovi)

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
70 years young. RIP.

"Born in Yonkers, New York on November 14, 1951, John Such played in an earlier band with Sambora, The Message, before ultimately joining Bon Jovi. In the early 1980s, John Such was the manager of what was then the Hunka Bunka Ballroom in Sayreville, New Jersey. It was there where he booked Jon Bon Jovi & The Wild Ones, seeing the potential of a young musician with a mission."

"John Such brought Torres and Sambora into the band, while Bon Jovi brought in his childhood friend David Bryan, who had been a part of an earlier band, Atlantic City Expressway."

How is the founding roadie doing?

Should we have a master death thread? May be more efficient.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
Bon-Jovi-photo-4-e1513318818826.jpg

_v=9b0f91523833066

ac73afb8-d90a-4460-b6ef-466a1e911efa.jpg

Reactions: Jm0513
Big loss for Jersey rock and roll history. Interesting that he never quite bought into the hair thing that his bandmates adopted back in the day.

Did not know about the Hunka Bunka connection. Cool...
That was a place I heard a lot about in the 1980s while at Rutgers, but never went. Now the Starland Ballroom. Not a bad venue, but one of the most out of the way places to get except from Sayreville. Off the beaten path.

That was a place I heard a lot about in the 1980s while at Rutgers, but never went. Now the Starland Ballroom. Not a bad venue, but one of the most out of the way places to get except from Sayreville. Off the beaten path.
Yea, I never went to HB either., but my sister did.... As for SB I've been there for a handful of concerts. Haven't been back since I saw Drive By Truckers or Wilco (I think)..

Reactions: Knight Shift
How is the founding roadie doing?

Should we have a master death thread? May be more efficient.

Maybe you can create your own thread called t2k's hot takes and just leave all your comments in there. I'm sure the posts will get even more likes than the zero likes most of your comments get.

Reactions: RU-AGK
Yea, I never went to HB either., but my sister did.... As for SB I've been there for a handful of concerts. Haven't been back since I saw Drive By Truckers or Wilco (I think)..
My last show there was Twisted Sister in 2015. Dee Snider is in phenomenal physical condition for his age (Language NSWF).

Reactions: TM94goRU
ADVERTISEMENT