ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Anne Heche

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Tragic story in a tragic life.

Last Friday, Anne Heche crashed into a home in Mar Vista, CA. Fifty-nine firefighters battled the blaze, which had engulfed both Heche’s car and the house, for 65 minutes until she could be safely pulled out of the wreckage. Heche was reportedly able to communicate at the time of her rescue but lost consciousness shortly thereafter and never regained it. She has been in a coma ever since.

For a brief time, she and her family lived in Ocean City, NJ in the early 1980s. The family lived in a 1 Bedroom home paid by money Heche made in theater in Swainton, NJ.

When she was 13, her father died from AIDs. She claimed her father raped her.
Of her four siblings, three are dead. One died as an infant from a heart defect. Another one died of brain cancer at 49. Her brother died in a car crash shortly before he graduated high school She has been estranged from her mother. She has had mental health issues.

Last edited:
BTW, who is the thread about? Never heard of her.
Sure you haven't. Play your cute games. Like I said above.

The point of the thread is not about pre-RIP. It's about enjoying what you have and loving the ones closest to you. But points like that always seem to go over your (and others) heads. It's always about mockery, complaining, putting down others and looking down your nose at those less fortunate.

Have a nice day and weekend. Beautiful weather ahead. RU football scrimmage tomorrow. A wonderful weekend planned.

Tragic story in a tragic life.

Last Friday, Anne Heche crashed into a home in Mar Vista, CA. Fifty-nine firefighters battled the blaze, which had engulfed both Heche’s car and the house, for 65 minutes until she could be safely pulled out of the wreckage. Heche was reportedly able to communicate at the time of her rescue but lost consciousness shortly thereafter and never regained it. She has been in a coma ever since.

For a brief time, she and her family lived in Ocean City, NJ in the early 1980s. The family lived in a 1 Bedroom home paid by money Heche made in theater in Swainton, NJ.

When she was 13, her father died from AIDs. She claimed her father raped her.
Of her four siblings, three are dead. One died as an infant from a heart defect. Another one died of brain cancer at 49. Her brother died in a car crash shortly before he graduated high school She has been estranged from her mother. She has had mental health issues.

Speeding, Vodka, Wine and cocaine are not a good combination. Another hollywood person with mental issues.
Yet these hollywood people are going to tell the rest of us how to live and what is right and wrong.

Speeding, Vodka, Wine and cocaine are not a good combination. Another hollywood person with mental issues.
Yet these hollywood people are going to tell the rest of us how to live and what is right and wrong.
Just the same old story, told thousands of times.

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Yeah this one is less RIP and more enjoy hell. 90 MPH down a residential street risked the lives of everyone there - especially children - an extremely selfish act. Will she be paying to replace the home of the victim before she's unplugged?

Yeah this one is less RIP and more enjoy hell. 90 MPH down a residential street risked the lives of everyone there - especially children - an extremely selfish act. Will she be paying to replace the home of the victim before she's unplugged?
Selfish, or just a final act of someone who was mentally ill and perhaps should have gotten help long ago? Read an article that I can't find that said she had what may have been traces of cocaine in her blood, but they need to do more testing, because it could be fentanyl, which is a pain killer. A witness at the scene of the accident said that there was an open bottle of vodka in her car. Sometimes people don't know enough to help themselves, and for her, it seemed she had nobody, as she was twice divorced and estranged from family members. Yeah, boo-hoo for her, but she sure could have used some help in getting herself some help. With the family history of death, seemed to be fated for this type of ending.

Like I said above, be happy if you have a relatively stable life and friends and family who will help you when needed.

Selfish, or just a final act of someone who was mentally ill and perhaps should have gotten help long ago? Read an article that I can't find that said she had what may have been traces of cocaine in her blood, but they need to do more testing, because it could be fentanyl, which is a pain killer. A witness at the scene of the accident said that there was an open bottle of vodka in her car. Sometimes people don't know enough to help themselves, and for her, it seemed she had nobody, as she was twice divorced and estranged from family members. Yeah, boo-hoo for her, but she sure could have used some help in getting herself some help. With the family history of death, seemed to be fated for this type of ending.

Like I said above, be happy if you have a relatively stable life and friends and family who will help you when needed.

If you want any compassion from me don't endanger others in your destructive behavior.

I'm going to guess thousands if not millions of people are going through as much pain in life or worse and they neither get the headlines or their selfish, dangerous choices that endanger others forgiven.

Sorry this snowflake had a tough life, being famous, rich, beautiful and near the top of her chosen profession. But I'll weep for the millions of folks who toil through the same while poor, unrecognized and not a danger to others.

And the financial means to seek help, etc. but so many of these "stars" merely surround themselves with "yes people" who only cater to their needs and blow smoke up their asses, and anyone who doesn't ends up getting fired and cast aside.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hollywood people are not the only group who want to tell us how to live.

There are a significant number of 501c types that seem to do that too

Anyone who gets on their own podcast and brags about drinking vodka with whatever …then drives like a maniac through a residential neighborhoods and plows into a home endangering the occupant shouldn’t be given much in the way of accolades. Perhaps her life had some serious twists of fate but millions of others sometimes go through worse. In today’s world media everybody except the average person is given an excuse. If you are or were part of Hollywood, sports or media - government well. You ‘re good to go no matter what you do .What Ann Heche did was totally wrong and after viewing the podcast everyone else knows why sympathy is tough to express.If the resident had been maimed or killed would they have been talked about as much? Highly unlikely.

Reactions: RUDead
She’s lucky she didn’t kill someone. Speeding on drugs plowing into homes.

Yea not really gonna try and make her into a Saint.

What movies or shows was she in?

Name sounds vaguely familiar.

6 Days, 7 Nights

Harrison Ford (drunk, wasting away his time) is a small time pilot flying her (prim and proper model) from a vacation island back to the mainland.
Plane crashes and they get stuck on a deserted island together - oil and water situation.
Hilarity ensues.
Fun movie.

Yes, she crashed into the house, the car catching fire and catching the house on fire. A doorbell camera captured video of her vehicle speeding down a residential street before the crash.
That’s not the part I’m talking about, I’m talking about how she does an undertaker right before getting in the ambulance. Looks fake it’s so crazy.

She’s lucky she didn’t kill someone. Speeding on drugs plowing into homes.

Yea not really gonna try and make her into a Saint.
Probably for the best that it ends now before she killed someone else. Yeah, nobody trying to make her a saint or make excuses. But still, what a messed up life she had with her parents and siblings. No support network. Be thankful if you have one. That is the point.

Probably for the best that it ends now before she killed someone else. Yeah, nobody trying to make her a saint or make excuses. But still, what a messed up life she had with her parents and siblings. No support network. Be thankful if you have one. That is the point.
Sure blame it on the other guy …it seems to be working fine 228 miles south of here. Wait until the grocery chains get called out for price gouging their customers for the past year. It’s all their doing for the high prices in the stores.

play stupid games win stupid prizes. She was under the influence, hit another car, then sped off on a residential street crashing into a house that set the persons' house on fire. that said, her earlier life was filled with heartache as are others. no fks given

Reactions: Foads
Many millions never had a “support group” growing up. Nothing in life is promised unless you choose the right sides. True in sports ,true in business and truer in families whose history depicts how they continue to maintain influence and power. All of them…

Many millions never had a “support group” growing up. Nothing in life is promised unless you choose the right sides. True in sports ,true in business and truer in families whose history depicts how they continue to maintain influence and power. All of them…
And if a person is mentally ill and incapable of making decisions/choosing, then what?

That’s not the part I’m talking about, I’m talking about how she does an undertaker right before getting in the ambulance. Looks fake it’s so crazy.
That freaked me out too. That can't be real, can it?

And if a person is mentally ill and incapable of making decisions/choosing, then what?
I wouldn't bother. There's nothing wrong with your post. You can be thankful that no one else was seriously hurt, express empathy for someone who obviously was struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues, and be thankful for what you currently have in your life. All of those thoughts can co-exist. Well, maybe some here don't possess that mental capacity.

Maybe we should allow the government to raise our children between ages 6 months to 40 years? Then we can rest easy since you know they’ll do a bang up job.. They have all the love , support and knowledge most families refuse to give to their off spring.There is history based upon this type of society In history.

I wouldn't bother. There's nothing wrong with your post. You can be thankful that no one else was seriously hurt, express empathy for someone who obviously was struggling with mental health and substance abuse issues, and be thankful for what you currently have in your life. All of those thoughts can co-exist. Well, maybe some here don't possess that mental capacity.
She doesn’t deserve sympathy in this instance . She blatantly thought this was a great thing to do and had I believe done it before. You want to give sympathy? Come with me to MSK or St.Jude’s….they need support and sympathy.

Reactions: Mr Magoo and Foads

That freaked me out too. That can't be real, can it?
She had third degree burns on her upper body. The paramedics covered her to prevent hypothermia. A (purported) trauma nurse had responded to a tweet on a day of the crash indicating that her reaction is not abnormal for a person in shock. Think she had been unconscious, and she may have briefly regained consciousness while be placed in the ambulance.

Here's some more info on what happened before the crash. Messed up.

no doubt much of what you say holds true however, adding excuses to this is unconscionable imho. She wasn't mentally ill, she had a hard upbringing like many others, had all the resources available to her to be a great productive citizen and yet screwed the pooch. She's not special, she's not unique, $hit happens.

everyone makes mistakes, we ALL do but it's what you do after that matters. She failed

She doesn’t deserve sympathy in this instance . She blatantly thought this was a great thing to do and had I believe done it before. You want to give sympathy? Come with me to MSK or St.Jude’s….they need support and sympathy.
Bob, I'm asking you to step away from the Bloody Mary, it's still before noon. I didn't type the word sympathy. I don't know her personally (as you seem to) to confirm that she thought this was "a great thing to do." This may be a wild guess on my part, but someone who does something like that probably isn't all there. Oh and please don't lecture me on folks in hospitals. There's not a lot you can bring to the table for me on that one.

no doubt much of what you say holds true however, adding excuses to this is unconscionable imho. She wasn't mentally ill, she had a hard upbringing like many others, had all the resources available to her to be a great productive citizen and yet screwed the pooch. She's not special, she's not unique, $hit happens.

everyone makes mistakes, we ALL do but it's what you do after that matters. She failed
Not making excuses. It's a horrible thing to happen and thankfully no one else was hurt. I have no personal knowledge of her resources or her mental capacity to use them to get help. Judgement just isn't my thing, I guess. This board seems to love it though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT