ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Frank Bonner

For whatever reason, while growing up I always confused Fred Willard with Frank Bonner and vice versa. Willard died last year and now Bonner is gone, too.

That Thanksgiving episode is an all-time classic.

R.I.P.

Frank was born in Little Rock, Arkansas. He always had a Razorback coffee mug on his desk too.

The best show was indeed the “Turkey drop”. Honest to goodness, there was an actual Turkey drop festival in North Arkansas for many years. It drove PETA nuts and was the inspiration for the WKRP episode.

RIP Frank Bonner.

The Thanksgiving turkey show was one of the funniest moments in television history.
This is not an exaggeration.

For years I could not get thru trying to explain the episode to others without dissolving.

It was that funny.

“As God as my witness…”

“Suddenly the turkeys mounted a counterattack. It was almost like they were….organized.”

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
Go ahead and Google the Yellville Turkey Trot festival.

I am not condoning the dropping of turkeys from a small plane. But it was part of an actual VERY small town festival for 70 years. It also included a pageant for the woman with the best thighs.

Believe it or not.

Turkeys can fly. Just not worth a damn at doing it.

I am not condoning the dropping of turkeys from a small plane. But it was part of an actual VERY small town festival for 70 years. It also included a pageant for the woman with the best thighs.

Believe it or not.

I believe they can get themselves off the ground and onto tree branches to avoid ground predators.

I do this myself quite often.

Believe it or not.

I believe they can get themselves off the ground and onto tree branches to avoid ground predators.

I do this myself quite often.

I know this for fact. My wife decided the farm needs turkeys, so guess what we got? Turkeys, in spite of my protest. They love to roost in high places as they have now slept on the roof of the barn and my house. But they can only fly for short periods of time. I've seen them hit the side of the barn while trying to go up. They thought about it and went to the lean too 1st. Same with the house it was stairs to upper deck to roof.

ADVERTISEMENT