ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Jerry Stiller

I loved that Seinfeld episode so much I named my old boat Serenity Now!

And of course the Festivus Pole.

frank-pole-diner.jpg

I used to think he overacted, but his roles on Seinfeld and King of Queens he was great in. Festivus and the Feats of Strength are iconic. Married for 62 years to Anne Meara. Funny man and will be missed. RIP

Never overacted. That was his in your face style of playing New York characters. He and his amazing wife were my dad's favorites on Ed Sullivan . His son aint so bad either. I'm not much of a Jew anymore but I will say kadish out of respect. Thanks for the laughs.

Reactions: S.W.A.I.N
Norton, Barney, Kramer, Berta, Mr. Costanza, Arthur - some of the great names of actors
on the undercard, who stole the show

Great comedic actor. Born in East New York and raised in East New York Brooklyn, same as me. At Unity Hospital, where me and my siblings were born. That hospital now closed. He was my Mom's age. He went to Syracuse after serving in the military.

Great comedic actor. Born in East New York and raised in East New York Brooklyn, same as me. At Unity Hospital, where me and my siblings were born. That hospital now closed. He was my Mom's age. He went to Syracuse after serving in the military.

He went to Syracuse?! Now I don't like him anymore. :Wink:

Reactions: RUEd
So many great lines of his on Seinfield. I loved when he was talking to George about bras...

"You cup size... A, B, C, and D.... D is the biggest.".

Never overacted. That was his in your face style of playing New York characters. He and his amazing wife were my dad's favorites on Ed Sullivan . His son aint so bad either. I'm not much of a Jew anymore but I will say kadish out of respect. Thanks for the laughs.

Your dad had good taste. i vividly remember Stiller and Meara on Sullivan. They were hilarious.

R.I.P.

Reactions: shields
This is a great interview with Jason Alexander that helped explain how Stiller's worrying about remembering his lines worked in favor of making the character:

ADVERTISEMENT