ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP John McNulty (RU XC ‘79)

RUtix4me

All American
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2015

The man was fast, qualified for Olympic trials. He was my wife’s cousin. Maybe someone here knew him.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the: Rutgers Athletic Department Anyone not wearing sneakers, running cletes or Rutgers University athletic attire may not be admitted to the memorial.

nice end to the obit too.

Last edited:
Condolences to the family. 250 surgeries. wow. I know he was well loved from posts from his sister in law, another RU grad.

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Condolences to the family. 250 surgeries. wow. I know he was well loved from posts from his sister in law, another RU grad.

I was on an email chain with fellow RU Track alums and just the parking alone was a huge expense for the family. Last month he had surgery #268. There is a Go Fund me set up to help the family with all the expenses that I posted a link to a few months ago, but here it is again.

The man was fast, qualified for Olympic trials. He was my wife’s cousin. Maybe someone here knew him.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the: Rutgers Athletic Department Anyone not wearing sneakers, running cletes or Rutgers University athletic attire may not be admitted to the memorial.

nice end to the obit too!

I was on an email chain with fellow RU Track alums and just the parking alone was a huge expense for the family. Last month he had surgery #268. There is a Go Fund me set up to help the family with all the expenses that I posted a link to a few months ago, but here it is again.

Do you have a larger version of the photo from the gofundme\obituary? And\Or a photo of him with other alumni?

The Rutgers Alumni Association would like to post a tribute to him.

Reactions: RUtix4me
Do you have a larger version of the photo from the gofundme\obituary? And\Or a photo of him with other alumni?

The Rutgers Alumni Association would like to post a tribute to him.

I do not but Tom Dumser was the one who sent that out, maybe reach out to him, his email is tom.dumser1@gmail.com

If not he can provide you with his wife's contact info or maybe try reaching out to his son who is the track coach at Transylvania.. smcnulty@transy.edu

ADVERTISEMENT