ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Pete Burns of Dead or Alive

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
dead at the age of 57. Sang one of the most memorable songs of the 80s "You Spin Me Round". Following in the footsteps of Boy George and Annie Lennox with his androgynous look, He would later become addicted to plastic surgery and lip injections and then eventually become unrecognizable in the last 10 years

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
I think he was transsexual and so was trying to look like a woman (moreso).

dead at the age of 57. Sang one of the most memorable songs of the 80s "You Spin Me Round". Following in the footsteps of Boy George and Annie Lennox with his androgynous look, He would later become addicted to plastic surgery and lip injections and then eventually become unrecognizable in the last 10 years

"Brand New Lover" was my favorite song from these guys, although obviously not as big as Spin. Also, none of those footsteps would have been there without Bowie.

Reactions: knight_ru
Technically not a one-hit-wonder, but close. Still if you were a New Wave aficionado back in the day you were almost certainly listening, or dancing, to him.

Reactions: bac2therac
Oh, dear. He looks horrendous in that vid. The disconnect of the voice & face was rather frightening.

RIP.

Dead or Alive.Georgie Boy and George Wham Michael. Frankie Goes to H'Wood.. CommunArds. Pet Shop Boys. Tainted Love. The Reagan 80's

:sunglasses:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT