ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rocket Launch From Canaveral At 7:42 EST Tonight (10-Minute Warning!)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Was scrubbed three times last year as well as last night, but there's a 70% chance they launch tonight. Was supposed to go last night but some plane from US Customs flew into the airspace so they scrubbed it. It's carrying an Air Force satellite for some kinda stuff, so they need this thing up there at long last.

giphy.gif

Went off without a hitch and I saw it in a clear sky. Love me some rocket launches.

saw it too...but what does this have to do with football at RU?
There's a reason social media evolved to include things that might be of interest to others and designated as "OT." Crazy, right? Besides, I posted it with Floridians like you in mind in case you had an interest in seeing it. I happen to be here and am flying out tomorrow.

Reactions: Purple-Ed
I dont need the internet,,I walk outside my beach house & look south...
Right, and these cute little things known as "television" and "newspapers" and "social media" and "human beings" clue us in so we're outside at the right time. I know it's crazy for someone like you who can intuit when the launches take place, but the rest of us benefit from an occasional alert. And those who don't give a shit just ignore it.

Right, and these cute little things known as "television" and "newspapers" and "social media" and "human beings" clue us in so we're outside at the right time. I know it's crazy for someone like you who can intuit when the launches take place, but the rest of us benefit from an occasional alert. And those who don't give a shit just ignore it.
MY POINT is,,this is a FOOTBALL site........

My nephew's an astrophysicist. You cannot imagine how nervous those guys are when a satellite goes up.
Despite Ra Ras childishly rude blather
We usually get a headsup when they dont allow boating in a 5mi area.....
a Cornell friend was the head back when it was NASA,,,,,
yeah...he and his crew were sweating buckets !!!

Despite Ra Ras childishly rude blather
We usually get a headsup when they dont allow boating in a 5mi area.....
a Cornell friend was the head back when it was NASA,,,,,
yeah...he and his crew were sweating buckets !!!
My dad used to do that from Daytona Beach back in the day. He had photos of the Challenger disaster. Pretty gruesome stuff.

Reactions: mikefla
Problem with threads like this,

If you are a Floridian - no big deal.
If you are not a Floridian - no big deal.
If you are a non-Floridian visiting Florida - big deal (small audience)

Reactions: RUDutch
I am just a few miles north in Ormond Beach.... ;-)

I also have Challenger photos...it was a sad
day
Ormond Beach is actually where he lived. A little division called Bear Creek! Used to go visit him and my mom there all the time back in the 80's.

ADVERTISEMENT