ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Defeats Indiana in Baseball- Advance to B1G Championship Game-6 p.m. ET Today

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Don't know why the other thread was locked, but yesterday, Indiana eliminated Maryland from the tournament.

Tomorrow Iowa plays Michigan at 1 p.m. for a play-in game against undefeated Rutgers for the B1G Champion at 6 p.m. EST on BTN.

Rutgers defeated Indiana to advance to the championship game

Last edited:
I think it’s dumb that the championship game is single elimination. We should have two bites at the apple since we haven’t lost yet and our opponent will have one loss.
I agree but NCAA requires leagues to have a champion announced on Sunday.

Reactions: shields
Well, if it’s any solace, both Iowa and Mich have beaten us 2 out of three this year. I’d feel worse if it was Indiana or PSU beating us once for the trophy.

We are the better team and also will be the better rested team. I think it’s at least 90 % chance we will be B1G Champs. Our guys are playing great and with a lot of confidence. Be terrific to win it with another run rule game !! Go RU.

Reactions: 76Scarlet
Be terrific to win it with another run rule game !! Go RU.
That's not every game. It has to be agree upon by both coaches and umpire before the game.

I agree, a team doing well in the tournament should not be stripped of that advantage in the final. I also don't like the alternating game for home team. Who came up with that idiotic format? Higher seed should always be home team. Regular season should mean something more.

Last edited:
That's not every game. It has to be agree upon by both coaches and umpire before the game.

I agree, a team doing well in the tournament should not be stripped of that advantage in the final. I also don't like the alternating game for home team. Who came up with that idiotic format? Higer seed should always be home team. Regular season should mean something more.
The home team set up is so stupid

If Rutgers baseball can do all of this without a B1G level stadium, imagine what they can do with one.

Might be a stretch for NATIONAL COTY. But there should be an investigation if he’s not B10 Coach of the Year. Hobbs better have a brand new contract waiting to be signed after this season.

If Rutgers baseball can do all of this without a B1G level stadium, imagine what they can do with one.

Might be a stretch for NATIONAL COTY. But there should be an investigation if he’s not B10 Coach of the Year. Hobbs better have a brand new contract waiting to be signed after this season.
Maryland's HC is the B1G coach of the year. Maryland was expected to win or be in the mix to win the B1G. Meanwhile, Rutgers was picked to finish 7th in B1G. Clearly, Rutgers outperformed expectations, so I see why there wasn't serious consideration for B1G coach of the year.

Reactions: RUScrew85
😂🤣😂🤣

spod-1058596408-2-1_1800x1800.png

I agree but NCAA requires leagues to have a champion announced on Sunday.

Double Header? I mean it IS baseball.

Oh and I won't be attending or watching so the RUScrew85 jinx will not be in play.

Maryland's HC is the B1G coach of the year. Maryland was expected to win or be in the mix to win the B1G. Meanwhile, Rutgers was picked to finish 7th in B1G. Clearly, Rutgers outperformed expectations, so I see why there wasn't serious consideration for B1G coach of the year.

Because... Rutgers.

IMO, exceeding expectations should weigh heavily in the COY decision. You know, the whole 'doing more with less' thing.

That’s why Owens SHOULD BE COTY. Maryland was expected to be in the hunt while Rutgers was supposed to be the easy win on the schedule whose home field is the St Peters Peacocks of the B1G.

That’s why Owens SHOULD BE COTY. Maryland was expected to be in the hunt while Rutgers was supposed to be the easy win on the schedule whose home field is the St Peters Peacocks of the B1G.
I agree with you 100%, but we know Rutgers gets screwed all the time.

I agree with you 100%, but we know Rutgers gets screwed all the time.
It certainly feels that way in the Big Ten... RU is the kid brother who has to earn respect the hard way. I think there's respect in some sports (women's soccer and field hockey) and they're still earning it, even if it's deserved in others (POTW honors in men's bball).

PAC 12 has same format. Today 1 loss Oregon State plays undefeated Stanford in winner take all championship game.
So there’s no advantage really to winning all your games? It’s not like they’re getting an extra day of rest for their arms either.

Reactions: CJ1987
I think it’s dumb that the championship game is single elimination. We should have two bites at the apple since we haven’t lost yet and our opponent will have one loss.
I have seen cases in sports that do it like this where the undefeated team in the champions loses to a team they already beat and come in second despite being 1-1 vs them in the tourney. So, yeah, I agree. 2 bites.

Maryland was actually picked to finish fourth, Nebraska was the preseason favorite.

Michigan pitcher got ejected in Iowa game for illegal substance on glove - didn’t matter MI ran away with the game

ADVERTISEMENT