ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Defeats Indiana in Baseball- Advance to B1G Championship Game-6 p.m. ET Today

RU left out of the NCAA’s as the third of the last four out. Basically that means they had to win the B1G tourney championship since they did not lose a game before the final. I wonder if they got left out because of losing 2 out of 3 @UM, vs. MD, both, some losses down the regular season stretch, or because of a weak non conference schedule. Add them all up and you can find some reason(s) to leave us out. But with all the wins we had and finishing both 2nd in the B1G regular season and tourney, not making the tourney seems unjust.

RU left out of the NCAA’s as the third of the last four out. Basically that means they had to win the B1G tourney championship since they did not lose a game before the final. I wonder if they got left out because of losing 2 out of 3 @UM, vs. MD, both, some losses down the regular season stretch, or because of a weak non conference schedule. Add them all up and you can find some reason(s) to leave us out. But with all the wins we had and finishing both 2nd in the B1G regular season and tourney, not making the tourney seems unjust.
Tough break for Rutgers. My gut says it was going 3-7 combined against the teams in the top five of the conference Rutgers did play plus the 238 ranked schedule for non conference. With that being said, it seems like the RPI matters until it doesn't randomly with the baseball committee.

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
Anyone who watched the final vs. Michigan had to wonder how RU was a shoe-in for the NCAAs.

We need to strengthen our OOC schedule, it is really kind of pathetic if you look at it without scarlet colored glasses. Schedule a series with at least one SEC and PAC top tier opponent every year. Arizona traveled to Creighton in the middle of the season, so they are willing to travel for OOC games. Sign a two year home and home series with UCLA, USC, or Arizona, or even a 2 for 1, LA and Arizona can be very nice places to visit in the spring.

Hardest thing the first time around is having the right mental approach to a league or conference tournament final games, we had our chances in league series with both Iowa, Michigan and earlier Mayland and didn't get it done, those league games are were you learn to win the big games/ series. Balance between expectations and delivering on those expectations. The final against Michigan they were ready to play mentally and we weren't, and if anything they had the tougher go with the extra game.
Hopefully we learn from our failures and it helps us deliver in the future, over all a good season

Tough break for Rutgers. My gut says it was going 3-7 combined against the teams in the top five of the conference Rutgers did play plus the 238 ranked schedule for non conference. With that being said, it seems like the RPI matters until it doesn't randomly with the baseball committee.
My gut says no Big Ten reps on the committee... not that they would fight for Rutgers if they could get something in return down the road for a Michigan or Ohio State. Heck.. maybe the Big Ten's strategy is to NOT fight for a committee spot here to be sure of more important spots in other sports.

DivisionRegionTitlesName & InstitutionConferenceTerm
Expiration
FBS​
MIDWEST REGION​
AD Bob Moosbrugger
Bowling Green State University
Mid-American Conference
AUG 2023​
FBS​
AD Jennifer Cohen
University of Washington
Pac-12 Conference
AUG 2024​
FBS​
SOUTHEAST REGION​
AD John Cohen
Mississippi State University
Southeastern Conference
AUG 2023​
FBS​
SOUTH REGION​
AD Kirby Hocutt
Texas Tech University
Big 12 Conference
AUG 2023​
FBS​
AD Matthew Hogue
Coastal Carolina University
Sun Belt Conference
AUG 2024​
FBS​
ADVice President/Director of Athletics Eddie Nunez
University of New Mexico
Mountain West Conference
AUG 2024​
FCS​
AD Mike Buddie
U.S. Military Academy
Patriot League
AUG 2024​
FCS​
AD, Director of Athletics Jay Artigues
Southeastern Louisiana University
Southland Conference
AUG 2025​
DI​
SOUTH REGION​
AD Jeff Altier
Stetson University
ASUN Conference
AUG 2022​
DI​
AD Sherard Clinkscales
Indiana State University
Missouri Valley Conference
AUG 2024​

I don't follow college baseball much but understand it's 31 automatic bids and 33 at-large.

1. If Rutgers won against Michigan, would Michigan have made it? Or did they "steal a bid" by winning?
2. If they did an actual 64 team bracket with no auto-bids, is it safe to assume Rutgers is comfortably in the field?

I don't follow college baseball much but understand it's 31 automatic bids and 33 at-large.

1. If Rutgers won against Michigan, would Michigan have made it? Or did they "steal a bid" by winning?
2. If they did an actual 64 team bracket with no auto-bids, is it safe to assume Rutgers is comfortably in the field?
Michigan stole/cheated their way to a bid.
Don't know about the second part.

Reactions: NickRU714
Michigan stole/cheated their way to a bid.
Don't know about the second part.
I don’t know if it would have made a difference but if Weiss was suspended for 4 games, I think the head coach should also be suspended for the same amount of time. He most likely was aware of what was going on and if he wasn’t, it would be a deterrent for any player thinking about it

Reactions: Knight Shift
ADVERTISEMENT