ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers face-masks

rljGJuO.jpg

Hand cut and sewn here in jeRsey. Soft cotton t-shirt fabric on the inside. Washable
This looks to be the new new normal for awhile. Available on Rutgersfever.com

photo in the following post
:Heart

Reactions: goru1869
Hand cut and sewn here in jeRsey. Soft cotton t-shirt fabric on the inside. Washable

Oh that RRRRRRocks. I gotta get me one of those.

Just grabbed two. $9 shipping seems excessive, especially considering I’m 15 miles away but I made the purchase anyway. Thanks.

Steve explained the reasons for his shipping costs in the past. Can’t remember what they were, but at least you know you are spending your money with someone that has been around forever connecting with Rutgers and it is not going to Amazon.

just snagged 2 of them.

*PS---whats the shipping tier so we know when to look out for them arriving? (i dont think i saw it in the checkout process?)

Reactions: Jm0513
Steve explained the reasons for his shipping costs in the past. Can’t remember what they were, but at least you know you are spending your money with someone that has been around forever connecting with Rutgers and it is not going to Amazon.
Agreed, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a mistake. IMO will definitely deter people from buying, however, I am all about helping out a fellow knight, so I don’t mind.

Fedex/ups is more expensive then you would expect for a small business with low volumes. Trying to price shipping hand sanitizer and it was over $14 in state for under 2lbs. Residential delivery alone adds about $5.

Agreed, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a mistake. IMO will definitely deter people from buying, however, I am all about helping out a fellow knight, so I don’t mind.

SHIPPING COST REALITY.....

1 lb pkg via UPS/fedEx ground to a residence in Piscataway = over $12+ plus $.40 to $.50 for the envelope/box

Same 1lb pkg to a more rural address in NJ can cost $15-18...for a single shirt or mask. Same for out of state.

FedEx SmartPost, which we would use for smaller/cheaper items will cost $7.63 to $9/10. The pkg gets passed off to USPS and takes longer to delivery

Obviously, a hood or several items then goes in a larger box, weighing and costing more

USPS has Priority Mail. Their envelope, or very tiny box is $8.05, which maybe fits a single t-shirt and then someone has to go to a post office, wait in line for that service. You can set up a pick up, however, we go with FedEx on a daily pick up service and larger box capabilities.

All ears if someone has a better way. Maybe a mask doesn't need to be insured and tracked, but most of our items do. Bezos gets better rates. Typically, we lose $$$ with the flat rate shipping unfortunately.

Can also Venmo and schedule a curbside pick-up

Makes sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation, again, didn’t mean to be critical or accusatory, just was surprised by the cost. I hope you sell out!

Reactions: goru1869 and RutHut
Makes sense. Thanks for the detailed explanation, again, didn’t mean to be critical or accusatory, just was surprised by the cost. I hope you sell out!
yes.. shipping costs are high for the low volume folks.. because the big companies need price breaks. Works the same with stamps.. it cost citizens many times that of the mass mailing folk.. we're subsidizing junk mail... though with texts and emails that is pretty much over.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Having issues with finalizing order, no place to enter credit card information. Unless I missed it on my phone.

Also went to read policy information and link shows page not found.

Having issues with finalizing order, no place to enter credit card information. Unless I missed it on my phone.

Also went to read policy information and link shows page not found.
I did not see a spot for payment, but pressed "Proceed to payment" and it brought me to a page to fill out payment info after a few seconds.

Reactions: MadRU
It's a selfie ..:) lol

Even selfies shouldn't produce reverse images, though I've seen that sometimes they do (not sure if it's a setting on certain phones or what, but it doesn't really make sense). Any selfies taken on my phone always orient the images correctly as someone looking toward the image would have seen it live in person, and I never had to modify the setting one way or another.

I think it was the CJ Onyechi video the other day (nice message to his hometown W.O. peeps) where I also immediately noticed the reverse image issue. But oh well, not a big deal in the grand scheme...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
I just sold something on eBay (small box weighing 2 1/2 pounds) going from Freehold to Paramus and the shipping was just under $8. And that was USPS.

I think those of us with Amazon Prime accounts get spoiled but the reality is shipping is very expensive for the vast majority of us.

Steve, could you lower the shipping rates if you had something like “40 dollar purchase lower shipping rate” or selling your Rutgers items on Etsy.com or eBay.com ?

Wife says she ordered some and will pick them up Monday. I'll probably order more for out of state family.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Was thinking these will be a must if there is tailgating next season. We'll see.

I ordered mine over a week ago but no word on when they will be delivered. Anyone have any idea how long it takes?

Reactions: MadRU
I got an email last night saying they shipped Priority 2 Day US Mail.

ADVERTISEMENT