ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Guy Launches Unique 9/11 Memorial Project (Update)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
"Imagine strings made of metal from the Twin Towers.
Now imagine these strings on a guitar, a violin, and a cello.
Now imagine these instruments played by survivors of 9/11."

And so begins the intro to the video announcing the memorial project.

In full disclosure, 'tis I.

Last edited:
Reactions: yesrutgers01
Here's an update video on the project. Check out the car over my left shoulder and a certain type of redness on the rear of the vehicle. Trying to do good and represent RU in a good light at the same time. :)

Last edited:
Just got a bump from a very cool guy in country music. Joe Nichols was part of the inspiration for the project, as his song, "The Impossible," has a line in it that says, "...unbendable steel, bends..." which was in my mind at the time I conceived the idea. He tweeted the following to his 372k followers, so awareness is building. Gotta keep the momentum rolling. Here's the link to his tweet today:

Unbendable steel...bends

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
For those following the 9/11 memorial project, here's the second video update of what's been going on behind the scenes to get this done. Notice the shirt--it was red, which works nicely with the theme, and the only red shirts I have are Rutgers shirts. I like having my alma mater associated with the project in some way, even if small. We were incorporated before the country was, so there's that. But this is an American project.

ADVERTISEMENT