ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers mention on Netflix Iron Chef

MrsScrew

Heisman Winner
Sep 27, 2006
NJ
A friend of mine alerted me last night to a new Netflix series, Iron Chef: Quest for an Iron Legend. The 2nd episode features chef Esther Choi in a tailgating episode vs iron Chef Marcus Samuelsson. Towards the end of the episode she says that she went to Rutgers and watched a lot of great football and tailgated a bunch. Her food looked amazing.

I watched Adam Sander's movie "Hustle" a couple of nights ago and there was a mention of Rutgers in it, too. Flick was better than I expected.

ha Esther is good friends with a lot of my circle of friends back in college, amazing she became so famous now

ha Esther is good friends with a lot of my circle of friends back in college, amazing she became so famous now

her stuff looks fantastic. She totally understood the challenge of tailgate cooking. It's funny, while she said she went to RU on the show it doesn't show up in any of her online bios.

her stuff looks fantastic. She totally understood the challenge of tailgate cooking. It's funny, while she said she went to RU on the show it doesn't show up in any of her online bios.
easy on the eyes too. I can understand why she blew up on the internet

I do need to try her food sometime lol

Getting back to our regularly scheduled programming: what era do you think she went to Rutgers if she says she had great tailgates and watched great football? Wild guess that it wasn’t Ash or Shea.

The internet says she's 36...so she was here for Schiano 1.0 if she went to Rutgers straight from HS

I wonder why?

I wonder why?

No idea but she shouted it out on Netflix and that's all that really matters.
I just googled "Esther Choi Rutgers". Apparently she attended 2004-2008, started as a pharmacy major then switched to psych then started working for the Food Network before heading to the CIA.
I'm guessing it's all discussed in this podcast

Rutgers also got a mention (sort of) in today’s comics. Cat in Get Fuzzy is asked if he is going to Ratgers.

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT