ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rutgers Needs To Get Involved—NJ Spring Girls Football

HeavenUniv.

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2004
New Jersey will have 26 high schools this Spring, a huuuge jump from last year. This is a big chance to gain future fans and possibly students as this continues to grow throughout the state. Have games at Rutgers Stadium, give them,their Mom and Dad, brothers, sisters, Free tickets to the Wagner game, Free T-shirts and magnets, Free clinics, etc.

Reactions: tico brown
New Jersey will have 26 high schools this Spring, a huuuge jump from last year. This is a big chance to gain future fans and possibly students as this continues to grow throughout the state. Have games at Rutgers Stadium, give them,their Mom and Dad, brothers, sisters, Free tickets to the Wagner game, Free T-shirts and magnets, Free clinics, etc.

Agreed. By Rutgers hosting this, the girls league can spread South to the high schools in the WJFL.

After what we have seen the last six weeks, the train isn’t just leaving the station, it is roaring. 42 new kids in six weeks . Just fantastic. Can’t believe the tremendous turnaround in the program Schiano has accomplished in just over 24 months. Can not wait until the Spring Game and then September.

Reactions: beaced
When does training camp start for your little goobers ? lol
Their parents had them in an intro soccer program last year. It was cool for 2/3 of them. Trying to wait and see what the local rec program opens up in the spring.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUforJERSEY
This is going to hurt the local rec softball programs since it's in the same season. Softball programs have been losing kids year over year.

Reactions: tico brown
Girls football? 🤣
Just for that Mrs Screw is going to make you go to all these games and put Rutgers magnets on the cars in the parking lots. Shouldn’t be that hard so far, you will only need to go to 13 girls football games each Saturday.

• Haha
Reactions: RUScrew85
This is going to hurt the local rec softball programs since it's in the same season. Softball programs have been losing kids year over year.
Are there very many girls in high school playing on non-high school teams in the Spring? I know for baseball, there is a huuuge drop off in interest with boys playing on non-high school teams once they hit that age. Most of them just give it up if they don’t make the freshmen team. Not all, but a lot.

Are there very many girls in high school playing on non-high school teams in the Spring? I know for baseball, there is a huuuge drop off in interest with boys playing on non-high school teams once they hit that age. Most of them just give it up if they don’t make the freshmen team. Not all, but a lot.
I think this flag football will grow quickly, and move towards the younger age groups... which will hurt the softball programs. I didn't explain it well in my post. Not sure about High School programs (if a good softball player will play football instead).

Reactions: beaced
I think this flag football will grow quickly, and move towards the younger age groups... which will hurt the softball programs. I didn't explain it well in my post. Not sure about High School programs (if a good softball player will play football instead).
As a former P.E. teacher, I would rather see the Girl's Flag F B RUN ON AN iNTRA MURAL BASIS.Gets more girls involved.

Reactions: RU205
Maybe we can find a kicker ........like Vanderbilt
Don't you mean Texas State?
10247804.jpeg

Reactions: HeavenUniv.
Hurts girls lacrosse too - and it’s hard to field teams for many communities as it is

This sport opens up another option for high school girls who don’t have softball, lacrosse, or any other legit spring sport program, where the coach isn’t some shmuck teacher only there for the $10k stipend. Saw this program from afar last year at Dickinson, Shabazz, Irvington and those girls did pretty good and had good coaching. Hopefully the sport grows this year.

Just for that Mrs Screw is going to make you go to all these games and put Rutgers magnets on the cars in the parking lot. Shouldn’t be that hard so far, you will only need to go to 13 girls football games each Saturday.

You ever do this over at the Manchester ShopRite?

ADVERTISEMENT