ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
EiPqXrjUcAA6t5I

I haven't read through the thread.I've been trying to determine whether a Senator must be present and must vote on a Supreme Court nomination.Murkowski and Collins haven't said that they'll vote no,only that they won't vote.Has Romney joined in?

In any event,this likely will crowd out all other issues over the next 45 days barring something really unexpected.

let me say the empathy you are showing is very disturbing.
But for some caring about others is not the problem, the problem is that persons inability to allow others to show respect for a person that just passed away.without their posting something disrespectful.
If your disrespectful ways are because of a political position, let me remind you Justice Ginsburg despite her political leanings and the deceased Justice Antonin Scalia who was far from liberal were good friends and respected each other despite their differences.
One can disagree with someone's POV, but also can respect them as a person and morn when they pass away.
In her tribute to Justice Scalia , Ginsburg wrote:
"From our years together at the D.C. Circuit, we were best buddies. We disagreed now and then, but when I wrote for the Court and received a Scalia dissent, the opinion ultimately released was notably better than my initial circulation. Justice Scalia nailed all the weak spots—the 'applesauce' and 'argle bargle'—and gave me just what I needed to strengthen the majority opinion. He was a jurist of captivating brilliance and wit, with a rare talent to make even the most sober judge laugh. The press referred to his 'energetic fervor,' 'astringent intellect,' 'peppery prose,' 'acumen,' and 'affability,' all apt descriptions. He was eminently quotable, his pungent opinions so clearly stated that his words never slipped from the reader’s grasp. "
Shame that type of class seems lost on some people and they can't find nice things to say at a time nice things said would be the rule of the day. Or just be courteous and not say anything..
Except I’m commenting on what her own family is claiming she allegedly said. Mourn all you want. I have no issue with you doing that.

Too soon. There will be a time and place for that discussion. This is not the time. (Neither is this board the place, but it's the only board we've got.)

I think McConnell released his statement vowing to nominate a replacement a good 20-30 mins before your post.

Reactions: Caliknight
I haven't read through the thread.I've been trying to determine whether a Senator must be present and must vote on a Supreme Court nomination.Murkowski and Collins haven't said that they'll vote no,only that they won't vote.Has Romney joined in?

In any event,this likely will crowd out all other issues over the next 45 days barring something really unexpected.

McConnell quashed dissent on the Garland freeze by threatening to run primary opponents against those who weren’t closing ranks.

He’ll need a new strategy this time; some folks on the fence who are past primaries, don’t have an upcoming election, or are old enough not to care, or some combination of the above.

He might squeeze in a nominee, but it will take some masterful skill to subvert democracy here.

Amy Barrett will make an incredible replacement.

Why? Just because she is a practicing Catholic and may vote to overturn Roe vs, Wade. It would divide this countrry even further and deeper. If the Repuplicans have spine, they would wait with the nomination after the election. What did McConnel say 3.5 years ago when he did not let Obama to nominate a supreme court judge 10 months befor the election? Something like the American electorate should have a voice in the nomination. Per the Biden doctrina (same rules should be applied for Republicans and Democrats), we know that 42 days before the election the Republicans should not start the nominating process that they denied Obama 10 months before the election. This will became an election issue since it would highlight the character of the Republican politicians. Those who are engaged in highly competative races would likely absent from voting, otherwise, they may loose their reelection on November 3rd.

Why? Just because she is a practicing Catholic and may vote to overturn Roe vs, Wade. It would divide this countrry even further and deeper. If the Repuplicans have spine, they would wait with the nomination after the election. What did McConnel say 3.5 years ago when he did not let Obama to nominate a supreme court judge 10 months befor the election? Something like the American electorate should have a voice in the nomination. Per the Biden doctrina (same rules should be applied for Republicans and Democrats), we know that 42 days before the election the Republicans should not start the nominating process that they denied Obama 10 months before the election. This will became an election issue since it would highlight the character of the Republican politicians. Those who are engaged in highly competative races would likely absent from voting, otherwise, they may loose their reelection on November 3rd.
She’s highly qualified. And yes. She’d right the RBG wrong and stop baby murder. Along with others.

Reactions: sunsetregret
I don’t want the abortion issue to be a driving force. That being said, if roles were reversed, the Dems would be Looking to vote. Trump has tons of warts but his best attribute is he does to the Dems what guys like Bush and Romney wouldn’t. He fights fire with fire

I don’t want the abortion issue to be a driving force. That being said, if roles were reversed, the Dems would be Looking to vote. Trump has tons of warts but his best attribute is he does to the Dems what guys like Bush and Romney wouldn’t. He fights fire with fire

“he’s not a leader, but he’s one helluva troll. Give him the nukes codes!”

Since this has now gone completely political.. here's what Trump should do:

He's already expressed proper condolences and reverence. He must continue with that until she is laid to rest. Handle every pointed question about it with aplomb and state he is giving thought to that, of course, and when its time for an announcement he'll let everyone know.

Then announce and state that, prior to the Reagan years, SCOTUS appointments might take a month. Since then it has become a circus. He will seek to end that and get a justice nominated and approved in record time. It is just that important to have a full bench at SCOTUS for this upcoming election.

No GOPer is going to lose their race by putting a constitutionalist on the bench. But they could very well lose for dragging their feet on this.

It is going to happen.. RBG's seat gets filled fast.

Does this guy Greg2020 have a career or just post here nonstop. Wow. Chill bro. Get some sleep. Take a day off. No one really cares what you have to say and probably if only we all could meet in person you’d never have the nerve to show up. Pack the courts? Let us know which one you will be at perhaps.

“Repugs”? Can’t put my finger on it, but someone else used that term here. Kind of ironic, that same guy used to post about how healthy and strong RBG was. Wonder what he’s up to these days.
Repugs is a common term. Many people use it. She was a very healthy and strong woman though.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Yup, elections will cause 3 new justice appointments. Once again, the Dems will not have the votes in 2021, even in the best case scenario for them. Sorry.
Sorry courts will be packed. You can complain all you want. Fillibuster will be ended D.c. and Puerto Rico will be states.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Does this guy Greg2020 have a career or just post here nonstop. Wow. Chill bro. Get some sleep. Take a day off. No one really cares what you have to say and probably if only we all could meet in person you’d never have the nerve to show up. Pack the courts? Let us know which one you will be at perhaps.
Triggered? Wait how triggered you will be when Puerto Rico and D.C. become states, we are gonna pack the courts too. Then take your guns!!

That said, according to republicans it's an election year. Kim Jong Un should be our next president he'll nuke those libs, show no mercy!!!!

Does anyone find it telling that in her 40 years on the Federal benches,she had exactly ONE African-American law clerk?

We don't appoint Supreme Court Justices in election years now so there won't be a vote, right? I'm sure the Republicans on the board will line up to agree with this. It was their party that came up with this rule after all.
We also don’t treat Supreme Court nominations like witch hunts with silly accusations and desperation, we don’t weave fake collusion stories and spend $40 million investigating them and we don’t make impeachment into a completely partisan act with silly invented charges.

Or do we...

no violence, we will just pack the courts. Elections have consequences
I don’t know how you could even force yourself to say “no violence” when there’s been well in excess of 500 riots in the last 4 months and they’ve been cheered on by Dems.

Last edited:
lmao wasn’t 2016 like almost a year before elections? That situation was ridiculous. This is a little over a month before elections. Way different story and is exactly what the Republicans argued against in 2016.
Well it’s not exactly is it. Remind me if Obama has another term he was running for ?

But I do find it amusing that you skip over the Kavanaugh circus, fake collusion attempted coup and silly impeachment exercise and ask for FAIRNESS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT