ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still split on whether to force a SCOTUS vote or just have Trump name his selection/top 3 and go after SloJoe on naming a list. Biden's handlers will need to thread the needle on someone that will placate the Far Left Radicals without alienating whatever remains of a so-called Moderate Dem. I think it'll be tough to do in the first place, and SloJoe himself will never be able to explain it in a debate.

Either way the resurgence of the violent left anarchists here helps Trump.

Reactions: Caliknight
EVERY time I have voted in NJ or Fla or NY in the past 50 years, a polling worker or 2 has compared my signature on record as I cast my vote.

I can tell you that every time I voted in NJ the poll workers would always put in a plug for the Woodbridge democrats as they were checking my signature before I voted. That being said, I have also seen it happen in other states with republicans pulling the same type of crap. At least with mail in voting people can make their own choices without having to deal with poll workers, protests, or any of that other BS that goes with it.

This is going to be the election death knell for Dems. They are now inexorably embarked on an increasingly horrifying sequence of offensive actions that will shock the consciences of decent people and alienate swing voters en masse ala the Kavanaugh fiasco.

Great timing for reminding sane people what Dems are capable of and why they can’t be trusted with the levers of power anymore.

I'm still split on whether to force a SCOTUS vote or just have Trump name his selection/top 3 and go after SloJoe on naming a list. Biden's handlers will need to thread the needle on someone that will placate the Far Left Radicals without alienating whatever remains of a so-called Moderate Dem. I think it'll be tough to do in the first place, and SloJoe himself will never be able to explain it in a debate.

Either way the resurgence of the violent left anarchists here helps Trump.

I would like Trump to nominate a minority male. Seems like all the white conservatives who get nominated turn into headcases when people start hating on them. None of Trump's picks have been reliable on the rubber/road votes. Throw-in John "Tourette's" Roberts and SCOTUS is not really conservative in any reliable way.

Guys like Thomas and Alito are rock solid. As minority conservatives their whole lives, they are used to being outsiders. Its embarrassing to watch people like Gorsuch turn into cupcakes to be PC and get cuddles from the wife

This Amy Coney Barrett is not without some issues:

Reactions: LC-88
This is going to be the election death knell for Dems. They are now inexorably embarked on an increasingly horrifying sequence of offensive actions that will shock the consciences of decent people and alienate swing voters en masse ala the Kavanaugh fiasco.

Great timing for reminding sane people what Dems are capable of and why they can’t be trusted with the levers of power anymore.

Most accurate polls show voters don't support the krazy stuff. Majority of black voters weren't even for removing statues etc. What can look like broad racial strife is really black and white sketchers from the fringes (and note the majority of South American immigrants are not down with the radical stuff - they aren't at protests, riots etc).

Most Want ‘Blue Lives Matter’ Laws to Protect Police, Fear for Public Safety

Last edited:
NPR already quoting her granddaughter claiming her dying words were don’t let her replacement come from this President. Sounds like a made up TDS story.
If you knew anything about her you wouldn’t question the veracity of the story.

But we’re all used to you chirping about things you know nothing about.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
I would like Trump to nominate a minority male. Seems like all the white conservatives who get nominated turn into headcases when people start hating on them. None of Trump's picks have been reliable on the rubber/road votes. Throw-in John "Tourette's" Roberts and SCOTUS is not really conservative in any reliable way.

Guys like Thomas and Alito are rock solid. As minority conservatives their whole lives, they are used to being outsiders. Its embarrassing to watch people like Gorsuch turn into cupcakes to be PC and get cuddles from the wife

This Amy Coney Barrett is not without some issues:

Thomas and Alito are absolutely the best. You're logic is sound, but I think a woman will need to replace RBG, a conservative woman of course. Suburban women are Trump's supposed Achilles Heel. I don't have enough info on the death penalty issue and Amy Coney Barrett at this point.

I have him on IGNORE, so I can't see what dopey stuff he posted this time. But I've told band burkha boy so many times that he should limit his posting to only those things that he actually knows something about.
I guess if he followed my suggestion it would mean that he wouldn't be posting here at all.

I have him on IGNORE, so I can't see what dopey stuff he posted this time. But I've told band burkha boy so many times that he should limit his posting to only those things that he actually knows something about.
I guess if he followed my suggestion it would mean that he wouldn't be posting here at all.
LOL. If you have Cali on ignore how do you know who bossed is replying to? Hmmmm

Reactions: Caliknight
BTW, Susan Collins just announced her opinion that the spot on the Supreme Court should be filled by the person who wins November's presidential election

You're calling out like someone in an asylum Fredo. Not sure why you've become so obsessed with me, maybe because I've ignored you for such a long time? (I don't need to use the Ignore function, I just ignore your posts, like a few others.) Your unprovoked attacks today are totally unhinged, even for a keyboard warrior like you little man.

Well, it’s not surprising that you misunderstood my posts. You see, I never engaged with you,, No reason to do so. I actually responded to Shell, affirming the troll like behavior of you and a few others. You know, weasel like stuff, like reporting others. Or when you would like your own posts under you Big screen name with your other name. Really loser like stuff. But again, not surprising.

Last edited:
Well, it’s not surprising that you misunderstood my posts. You see, I never engaged with you,, No reason to do so. I actually responded to Shell, affirming the troll like behavior of you and a few others. You know, weasel like stuff, like reporting others. Or when you would like your own posts under you Big screen name with your other name. Really loser like stuff. But again, not surprising.
Glad you admit you started attacking me by first hiding behind another poster. Real weak cowardly stuff, but not surprising. No idea what your obsession is with me and some other screen name. No doubt a projection, right Armin ?

Gave this some thought; way too much of the National conversation is about Trump and McConnell — public pressure needs to shift to the potential nominees.

No self-respecting American should accept this nomination. This needs to be made loud and clear; these folks need to feel the weight and responsibility of the hypocrisy they’re endorsing by accepting a nomination.

Trump / McConnell should be powerless here; it should be taken for granted that offering someone this job 30 days before an election is a slap in the face of democracy and met with laughter and ridicule.

Death threats on the way. Houses surrounded and possibly invaded or torched. Physical confrontations on the streets. Can you tell me what crime they committed, law they broke?

Death threats on the way. Houses surrounded and possibly invaded or torched. Physical confrontations on the streets. Can you tell me what crime they committed, law they broke?

I don’t know think any of the above are appropriate, and they didn’t break any law.

That said, they should decline the nomination, and the weight of public opinion should be pushing them to that conclusion.

Reactions: Greg2020
Reps have the Senate and the president. Ram it through. Don’t be afraid to use the power the people gave you. Let ‘em riot. They’re gonna do that anyway. Replace RBG with a young strict constructionist. Let the bitches cry

I don’t know think any of the above are appropriate, and they didn’t break any law.

That said, they should decline the nomination, and the weight of public opinion should be pushing them to that conclusion.

Do you think Merrick Garland in 2016 should have gotten the treatment you advocate??????

Weight of public opinion. That's rich.

Reactions: bac2therac

She's an ACLU abortion activist. That's certainly not confirming the veracity of her story.

Gave this some thought; way too much of the National conversation is about Trump and McConnell — public pressure needs to shift to the potential nominees.

No self-respecting American should accept this nomination. This needs to be made loud and clear; these folks need to feel the weight and responsibility of the hypocrisy they’re endorsing by accepting a nomination.

Trump / McConnell should be powerless here; it should be taken for granted that offering someone this job 30 days before an election is a slap in the face of democracy and met with laughter and ridicule.
Although I think it would be a mistake to nominate somebody now

Your last paragraph is utterly ridiculous

If the torch is passed....we have laws in this country and just because an election is coming up that doesn’t mean the people in power (no matter how much anyone dislikes them) should not have the ability to do their jobs

If by some miracle that another corona relief bill is passed should McConnell not have the power to call a vote in the Senste or Trump not have the authority to sign the bill just because an election is coming up?

Do you think Merrick Garland in 2016 should have gotten the treatment you advocate??????

Deleted my post as some people seem to believe I was advocating some kind of terrible intimidation. To be clear, I don’t believe in anything of that sort.

These are public figures; and I believe their decisions should be subject to public critique — including the decision to accept nomination.

Last edited:
I’m a Trump guy but for the sake of the country, just wait. If you’re so confident you will win just hold off on announcing pick until after election so country doesn’t burn down

its the actual process and in the constitution, Trump and Mac Connell are upholding that..you want some sort of banana republic rule

Trump is the President, it is his right to nominate a candidate, it doesnt matter when a justice dies....sounds like sour grapes from your side which has been screaming for 4 years...save the fairness argument as well considering what the president has gone through

in addition the public spoke in 2016., Trump's term is not up. This is what they voted him in for.

I’m a Trump guy but for the sake of the country, just wait. If you’re so confident you will win just hold off on announcing pick until after election so country doesn’t burn down
No offense but that’s a losers mentality.

There’s really only one path forward from here. Republicans MUST get a nominee confirmed BEFORE the election. Doing so will demoralize DEMS. Anything else motivates both sides but hurts republicans more because many R voters will correctly perceive that the senate is full of cucks.

The question should be asked constantly, “What would Schumer do if the situation were reversed?” We all know the answer to that one. He would the exact same thing that McConnell is doing and Dems would fall right in line.

Reactions: RUDead
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT