ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ryder cup thread

Maybe I didn't watch long enough (I tuned in for about one hour), but the best part of past Ryder Cups has been the crowd. Crowd seemed kinda subdued today. Maybe the fans were set too far from the players?

Maybe I didn't watch long enough (I tuned in for about one hour), but the best part of past Ryder Cups has been the crowd. Crowd seemed kinda subdued today. Maybe the fans were set too far from the players?
I missed most of the coverage but watched the post match coverage on Golf Channel. Sounds like the fan behavior wasn’t so good. Now I need to see what happened.

This thing was over after the foursomes this morning.

Unless this is even after tomorrow, US is going to win by more than 5 points.

Just read some articles on it. US fans can be low class and crass. I hate the “mashed potatoes” and “baba Booey” crowd. The Euro crowd is more civilized but could see the next Ryder Cup bring out the hooligans. Hopefully the bad crowd is gone the rest of the weekend. Glad to hear Speith called them out.

Reactions: RUpop and RU848789
Rory on the pine this morning for foursomes.
Considering there is zero chance of a Euro turnaround without him spearheading it, I don’t like the idea.
It’s like benching Aaron Judge for the World Series because he went 0 for the LCS.
You can’t win without him

I missed most of the coverage but watched the post match coverage on Golf Channel. Sounds like the fan behavior wasn’t so good. Now I need to see what happened.

Fans are always very rowdy at the Ryder Cup - on both sides.

Rowdier than the AZ Garbage Company(?) tourney in the spring.

Rory on the pine this morning for foursomes.
Considering there is zero chance of a Euro turnaround without him spearheading it, I don’t like the idea.
It’s like benching Aaron Judge for the World Series because he went 0 for the LCS.
You can’t win without him

Feh what do you know about Yankee baseball. LOL

Just read some articles on it. US fans can be low class and crass. I hate the “mashed potatoes” and “baba Booey” crowd. The Euro crowd is more civilized but could see the next Ryder Cup bring out the hooligans. Hopefully the bad crowd is gone the rest of the weekend. Glad to hear Speith called them out.

Agree on those two yells(?). Just stupid.

I did like the whooooooaaaa during practice swings though. I guess because it's new to me.

Another dominating 3-1 session this morning for the US side, now up 9-3. Europe practically needs a sweep this afternoon to make Sunday Singles interesting tomorrow. I’m very surprised (pleasantly) at this outcome so far.

Domination. Very pleased to have been proven wrong. Hopefully the start of an era of USA dominance.

No European team would have beaten this American team.
Just look at the talent on this team.
This team may be called the Golf's Dream Team.

I think the American players who were left out of this team would have been more competitive.
They left out some very good players.

America may have a tougher time in the Presidents Cup than Ryder Cup in the future.
Australia, Canada, Japan and Korea are tough.
What country in Europe can beat any of these four counties in a RC type format?

ADVERTISEMENT