ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Seaside Heights in for a big change

I just hope Seaside doesn't turn into a Long Branch or Spring Lake. I visited this week for first time in a few yrs. BeachComber and EJs are still the same and Dentatos still is best sausage on boardwalk. Love getting $3 Bud and an array of boardwalk eats. Dont want Asburys fancy restaurants nor snobs walking around. I always felt Seaside was more of a locals destination vs family's staying for a week.

I just hope Seaside doesn't turn into a Long Branch or Spring Lake. I visited this week for first time in a few yrs. BeachComber and EJs are still the same and Dentatos still is best sausage on boardwalk. Love getting $3 Bud and an array of boardwalk eats. Dont want Asburys fancy restaurants nor snobs walking around. I always felt Seaside was more of a locals destination vs family's staying for a week.
Don’t worry.

long video...The Barrier Island is a gem

That’s as big a stretch as I have ever seen posted here.

Though ironically, the prices a few blocks from the ocean may not be that different. Everything else would be though.

if you told people 30 years ago what the prices in Hudson County. Long Branch and Asbury are today they'd never believe it.

Though ironically, the prices a few blocks from the ocean may not be that different. Everything else would be though.

if you told people 30 years ago what the prices in Hudson County. Long Branch and Asbury are today they'd never believe it.
Mannn… The prices in Collingswood is approaching Cherry Hill, Haddonfield prices with all the new buildings going up all the time down there.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
If done right, it was only a matter of time as there is only one “view” of NYC and only so much oceanfront property with a chance to change…which both of those towns offer(ed).

Reactions: NotInRHouse
If done right, it was only a matter of time as there is only one “view” of NYC and only so much oceanfront property that that is/was a chance to change.
Fulop is doing his best to make that “one view” of NYC possible by building all of those 50, 60, 70 story luxury buildings, blocking the skyline from the rest of Jersey City.

Fulop is doing his best to make that “one view” of NYC possible by building all of those 50, 60, 70 story luxury buildings, blocking the skyline from the rest of Jersey City.
And that’s what will sell them…the view and easy access via the PATH to it.

This makes perfect sense; Bay Head has basically become Nantucket, so the trickle down effect is on!

Ironically the best views are probably from the Heights and plenty of JSQ buildings will have a view too.

Also there will be waterfront affordable housing as part of the Bayfront complex.

If done right, it was only a matter of time as there is only one “view” of NYC and only so much oceanfront property with a chance to change…which both of those towns offer(ed).

Crazy thing is there is still so much view centric real estate to go along the Raritan Bay part of Monmouth County that few know about. And still plenty of ungentrified spots in Hudson too.

Crazy thing is there is still so much view centric real estate to go along the Raritan Bay part of Monmouth County that few know about. And still plenty of ungentrified spots in Hudson too.
I mentioned that earlier.

Sooner or later places like that, again…done right, get developed. Because, why wouldn’t you?

And that “done right” is important to make it work.

Yeah Union Beach and Keansburg will come around again. Keyport has been a little bit.

Today turned out to be one of the nicest beach days of the summer. Water finally warming up and it was crystal clear
Rocking it in SH. Will do a day trip to OC mid-week to hit a few things. Waters seems fine, but a little cooler than normal.

Reactions: Jm0513
Lol yesterday was the nicest water temps we’ve had all summer. It’s been in the 60s until last week which is why we haven’t been experiencing this heat wave at all
We've been down for a week and last Sat the water was holy crap cold (but most other days were okay). You never know what you will get, so a pool is a must.

Was this the thread we talked about shore restaurants? We hit the Washington Inn last Wed and it was a beautiful evening. They still have several outdoor tables on their patio (left of the building, not big, but plenty of room to enjoy).

Reactions: newell138
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT