ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Self-loathing RU prof under investigation

RU4Real

Legend
Jul 25, 2001
Per this article on nj.com the professor, one James Livingston, went on a social media rant professing his hatred of white people.

Livingston is white.

The university has issued a statement saying that racial intolerance in any form is not tolerated at Rutgers and will be making a determination as to whether any university policies were broken.

Reactions: bigmatt718
I always said that you couldn't be racist against yourself, but this guy went ahead and proved me wrong.

He will most likely get fired. I think he only been there for a year.

The rant, below, as captured from Facebook by The Daily Caller.

Frankly, whether or not he violated university policy should be secondary to his termination. He should be fired because he's f*ckin' stupid.

Rutgers_Professor_James_Livingston.jpg

This is the type of leftist political garbage that keeps people from donating. I know people on this board don't want to hear that, but it's true. What will be laughable is when he is not fired.
Yeah, people like this guy is why people don't donate to athletics or the programs they graduated from...

Honest question, do you think before you type?

That is BS. If you are wealthy and an excellent student, you are not looking at RU because you can go to Ivy League or other top schools in the country. Money is no object so you do not care that RU is a bargain. Rich smart kids are not avoiding RU for political reasons.

Without getting as political, the fact that folks that run RU and make key decisions usually don't have a spine and cave/cater to these types and don't know how to handle the media has directly impacted the reputation and morale of the University over the years which definitely has impacted people giving back.

Without getting as political, the fact that folks that run RU and make key decisions usually don't have a spine and cave/cater to these types and don't know how to handle the media has directly impacted the reputation and morale of the University over the years which definitely has impacted people giving back.

^Truth.

I've been saying this for years. It's been a personal crusade of mine. Message management is an area where Rutgers, in general, and RU athletics, in particular, has always failed. Sometimes quite spectacularly.

"I don't want little Caucasians overrunning my life"

Right, you want to be the only Caucasian overrunning Harlem Shake. Your coolness needs to be intact. I don't know what this clown's background is, but it would be supreme irony if he came from a wealthy family that lived in the suburbs.

It's also why a lot of wealthy excellent students don't give RU a look.

In most states, that would include New Jersey, wealthy excellent students tend to go to Private schools.

They go to private elementary schools, then private High Schools and finally private colleges.

If you are rich and in the Tri-State, you are going to NYU or Ivy.

Reactions: ruready07
^Truth.

I've been saying this for years. It's been a personal crusade of mine. Message management is an area where Rutgers, in general, and RU athletics, in particular, has always failed. Sometimes quite spectacularly.

Not their strong suit for sure.

They are so scared to offend anyone that they end up offending everyone.

It is a problem for a lot of companies and schools, not just Rutgers.

Reactions: ruready07
Yeah, people like this guy is why people don't donate to athletics or the programs they graduated from...

You are incredibly naive if you don't think these types of stories have an impact.

For example, just this week it was publicized that another big state school (Michigan) has a diversity staff of over 100.

Someone looking at that could say "I don't need to donate, they have so much money they are pissing it away on ridiculous administrative costs that have more to do with indoctrinating than educating students". This RU professor is another example.

Their inability to manage the message or get out ahead of an issue is instrumental to all of the black eyes we've received over the last decade or two. If they had aggressively addressed numerous issues over the years, they could have easily circumvented a lot of the negative PR we've received.
Did we just become best friends?
Hey, let's not push it!

Reactions: Leonard23
That is BS. If you are wealthy and an excellent student, you are not looking at RU because you can go to Ivy League or other top schools in the country. Money is no object so you do not care that RU is a bargain. Rich smart kids are not avoiding RU for political reasons.
yes because every wealthy smart kid in NJ is going to the Ivy League.

In most states, that would include New Jersey, wealthy excellent students tend to go to Private schools.

They go to private elementary schools, then private High Schools and finally private colleges.

If you are rich and in the Tri-State, you are going to NYU or Ivy.
ok so I'll change it to upper middle class smart kids. better?

Please God, remand them to the suburbs, where they and their parents can colonize every restaurant, all the while pretending that the idiotic indulgence of their privilege signifies cosmopolitan--you know, as in sophisticated 'European'--commitments."

4Real had it correct that this guy should be fired for being an idiot, for violating simple logical principles. Although the [fake] hatred of himself and the [real] hatred of his white students and everyone white are grounds, too. (If he has caucasian children my hope is that they've already submitted the paperwork for power of attorney.) As a professor of history he should know that the educational system in America, the one in which his education, and then his profession, took place was founded by newly-relocated Europeans. I embrace the fight for equality in America (and worldwide), but his self-aggrandizing self-loathing, if such a thing is even possible, isn't especially productive since the goal is to create an atmosphere of kindness toward all people.

On a similar note, if one can profess hatred of oneself, how much easier will it be to manifest the same--or, God forbid, worse--hatred toward others who currently aren't the object of his disdain?

Per this article on nj.com the professor, one James Livingston, went on a social media rant professing his hatred of white people.

Livingston is white.

The university has issued a statement saying that racial intolerance in any form is not tolerated at Rutgers and will be making a determination as to whether any university policies were broken.

Saw this about the moron the other day. Guy needs some mental health assistance and Rutgers should be ashamed of itself for associating with someone like that. LOL, yeah Rutgers being ashamed of something like that - they'll probably offer him tenure or a raise.

Why does academia generate such demented deranged people? There is really something wrong with who gets hired to teach at our universities and the harm they are doing to young minds exposed to such blatant idiocy.

Reactions: MR RU
Please God, remand them to the suburbs, where they and their parents can colonize every restaurant, all the while pretending that the idiotic indulgence of their privilege signifies cosmopolitan--you know, as in sophisticated 'European'--commitments."

4Real had it correct that this guy should be fired for being an idiot, for violating simple logical principles. Although the [fake] hatred of himself and the [real] hatred of his white students and everyone white are grounds, too. (If he has caucasian children my hope is that they've already submitted the paperwork for power of attorney.) As a professor of history he should know that the educational system in America, the one in which his education, and then his profession, took place was founded by newly-relocated Europeans. I embrace the fight for equality in America (and worldwide), but his self-aggrandizing self-loathing, if such a thing is even possible, isn't especially productive since the goal is to create an atmosphere of kindness toward all people.

On a similar note, if one can profess hatred of oneself, how much easier will it be to manifest the same--or, God forbid, worse--hatred toward others who currently aren't the object of his disdain?

That's a great post.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Why does academia generate such demented deranged people? There is really something wrong with who gets hired to teach at our universities and the harm they are doing to young minds exposed to such blatant idiocy.

"Academia" has moved very far left and is entrenched. "Academia" is no longer a meritocracy - it's driven by ideology - except maybe still for STEM.

Careful, Kanye may be leaving the plantation.
I think people like the professor and Kanye are really more concerned about all eyes being focused on them. I don't think either one is conscious of their actions, good or bad. They like the attention.

"Academia" has moved very far left and is entrenched. "Academia" is no longer a meritocracy - it's driven by ideology - except maybe still for STEM.
I would say STEM is part of that movement. Both sides of the political sphere debated over the use of STEM in the advancement of humankind. Nothing is left untouched when it comes to politics. I could say the sun is brightest during the summer and I bet you'll find a politician who will question my integrity because I said something opposite of him or her.

I have had MULTIPLE people tell me they will never give a dime to Rutgers because of how liberal their politics are (even when I mention the athletic department has nothing to do with it, they don't care). I personally won't ever donate to the academic side because of it. Keep sticking your head in the sand though if it makes you feel better. It's a legit issue.

This is the type of leftist political garbage that keeps people from donating. I know people on this board don't want to hear that, but it's true. What will be laughable is when he is not fired.

Exactly right. If I wasn't emotionally invested in one specific program at Rutgers, I would never donate a dime to the school.

ADVERTISEMENT