ADVERTISEMENT

OT: ShopRite London Broil

giphy.gif

I might have to get some Angus LoBro because beef prices were ridiculously high this AM at my ShopRite. Burgers are on sale though.

The most overrated product ever. Why the hell would anyone ever by that crap when you have flank steak sitting right next to it in the case.

The most overrated product ever. Why the hell would anyone ever by that crap when you have flank steak sitting right next to it in the case.
Silly question.

Why would you buy flank steak when ribeye and t-bone are right next to it?

Why buy shrimp when lobster tail are just left?

Why buy anything when some guy on the internet has such a better idea 😜

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Silly question.

Skirt steak all the way! and flap if you want to save some money!

Reactions: borochop
Silly question.

Now that you mention it, I did just order a couple packages of Costco's Prime Beef Loin Top Sirloin steak, along with some other stuff.

Now I just need to get the grill dude to come fix my grill, so I can grill it up like a real man, instead of pan-searing it indoors like the total wuss I am. I suppose if I was a real man, I'd fix the grill myself, seeing as how all it needs is a replacement hose. Something decided to eat through the hose a day or two after the grill dude fixed my grill last time. A more paranoid soul, than me, would wonder if the grill dude sprayed some kind of squirrel-attracting substance on my propane hose knowing, as he must, that a total wuss like me would wind up calling him back to fix that.

OTOH, the wussy pan-searing approach does allow me to blacken the steaks, resulting in a nice spicy and tender steak, and is very quick even though the stakes are often several inches thick. Yum. I'm getting hungry now.

Now that you mention it, I did just order a couple packages of Costco's Prime Beef Loin Top Sirloin steak, along with some other stuff.

Now I just need to get the grill dude to come fix my grill, so I can grill it up like a real man, instead of pan-searing it indoors like the total wuss I am. I suppose if I was a real man, I'd fix the grill myself, seeing as how all it needs is a replacement hose. Something decided to eat through the hose a day or two after the grill dude fixed my grill last time. A more paranoid soul, than me, would wonder if the grill dude sprayed some kind of squirrel-attracting substance on my propane hose knowing, as he must, that a total wuss like me would wind up calling him back to fix that.

OTOH, the wussy pan-searing approach does allow me to blacken the steaks, resulting in a nice spicy and tender steak, and is very quick even though the stakes are often several inches thick. Yum. I'm getting hungry now.
Was gonna say that bit about real man fixing his own grill - ha! Digging a pit in the yard and cooking straight caveman steak would also fit.

As far as searing, I'm looking to add a cast iron or carbon steel griddle fit(ish) to half my grill this summer and reverse sear. This way I can get grill flavor on the grate, mostly wood fire, plus a clean crust without flare char.

Was gonna say that bit about real man fixing his own grill - ha! Digging a pit in the yard and cooking straight caveman steak would also fit.

As far as searing, I'm looking to add a cast iron or carbon steel griddle fit(ish) to half my grill this summer and reverse sear. This way I can get grill flavor on the grate, mostly wood fire, plus a clean crust without flare char.
Thought you were a vegan. You probably are a vegan.

Well, I mean, a real man wouldn't even bother cooking the beef. He'd just walk up to a steer (or a buffalo, or deer or whatever's on the menu that day), punch it in the face to anesthetize it some, cut off some big chunks with his Crocodile Dundee This Is A Knife knife, and eat it bloody and raw.

While out walking yesterday evening, we saw a kind of suspended, or hanging, firepit in someone's side-yard. First time seeing one. A quick web search revealed a bunch of different products along those lines, from firepits to combo-firepit-grills.

Reactions: fsg2
Well, I mean, a real man wouldn't even bother cooking the beef. He'd just walk up to a steer (or a buffalo, or deer or whatever's on the menu that day), punch it in the face to anesthetize it some, cut off some big chunks with his Crocodile Dundee This Is A Knife knife, and eat it bloody and raw.

While out walking yesterday evening, we saw a kind of suspended, or hanging, firepit in someone's side-yard. First time seeing one. A quick web search revealed a bunch of different products along those lines, from firepits to combo-firepit-grills.
Tripod cauldron fire pit? Or suspended grill over fire, like an Argentinian grill?

The former look cool but seem impractical, the latter I want but seem overpriced.

One of those product categories I have been researching endlessly, as per our conversation a while back ; )

The real deal is on porterhouses from ShopRite when they are on sale. Those things are delicious when cooked on a real grill.

Tripod cauldron fire pit? Or suspended grill over fire, like an Argentinian grill?

The former look cool but seem impractical, the latter I want but seem overpriced.

One of those product categories I have been researching endlessly, as per our conversation a while back ; )
Most of the similar ones I've found online are tripods. But I can't be sure about the one we saw.

It appeared to be intended to have wood to be placed inside it and might well be just for fires, without a grate or ability to grill food over the fire. The fire "bowl" was somewhere between half-egg-shaped and half-moon shaped. Nothing I've found online is exactly the same as what we saw (which I find frustrating for some reason).

The seemingly decent ones I'm seeing online all seem to start at about $1000, and then go up from there. I'm not in the market at the moment, but could see getting something like that for wherever I move next. I wonder, though, if it looks cooler than it operates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT