ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Siding a home

tom1944

All American
Feb 22, 2008
What is the ballpark estimate to re-side a 2000 sq ft colonial? Using upgraded siding.

What is the ballpark estimate to re-side a 2000 sq ft colonial? Using upgraded siding.
Siding alone, using something along the lines of CertainTeed Cedar impressions--ballpark is $18-30K, depending on the amount and quality of trim around winds, soffits, fascia wraps, etc., and the quality of the underlying substrate.

Reactions: TonyVolt
Siding alone, using something along the lines of CertainTeed Cedar impressions--ballpark is $18-30K, depending on the amount and quality of trim around winds, soffits, fascia wraps, etc., and the quality of the underlying substrate.

Thanks

Knight Shift, whom do you recommend? Received a quote from All County and thought it was very high.

Knight Shift, whom do you recommend? Received a quote from All County and thought it was very high.
I would recommend All County. They are very thorough and do a nice job, at least the last time I used them years ago.

Try Hardie Windows & Siding Co in Avon (732) 988-2522. I think they are still owned and operated by the same family.
https://www.hardiewindowssiding.com/

It has been over 10 years since we used a siding company. Last job we had done, we used our carpenter who needed the work, and he did a great job.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
I would recommend All County. They are very thorough and do a nice job, at least the last time I used them years ago.

Try Hardie Windows & Siding Co in Avon (732) 988-2522. I think they are still owned and operated by the same family.
https://www.hardiewindowssiding.com/

It has been over 10 years since we used a siding company. Last job we had done, we used our carpenter who needed the work, and he did a great job.

I've used All County in the past and they did a nice job. Got a quote from them to do 1 side of a house (remove old shingles and replace with clap board) This the short side of the rectangle. They wanted 15,000. Seemed excessive.

Good Lord that sounds expensive. Was it always that expensive for vinyl siding or has inflation increased that much?

I've used All County in the past and they did a nice job. Got a quote from them to do 1 side of a house (remove old shingles and replace with clap board) This the short side of the rectangle. They wanted 15,000. Seemed excessive.
That is high. I forget who I was talking to about contractors in general, and some price jobs according to neighborhood. Nicer neighborhoods receive a higher quote than less nicer neighborhoods. Have no way to verify that.

That is high. I forget who I was talking to about contractors in general, and some price jobs according to neighborhood. Nicer neighborhoods receive a higher quote than less nicer neighborhoods. Have no way to verify that.
I can. LOL

And @Knight Shift is right.

But sometimes that high price also means they really don’t want the job to begin with.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Living in Mahwah, this is very true. I started giving an address in Suffern NY for over the phone quotes. Always helped that my cell phone is still a NY number.
And almost any contractor that had to come directly to my house had their eyes light up as they drive up.

Great idea.

But what does that have to do with vinyl siding? LOL
LOL I put it in the wrong thread. Sorry haha. I was already getting senile in my 40s being stuck at home has sped up the process even further.

Great idea.

But what does that have to do with vinyl siding? LOL
Absolutely , what does this have to do with the question asked? NOTHING.. 15k words if repetitious nonsense... we all read articles ... in these times many articles both good and bad... to copy and paste the entire thing ... just post the link...

(in my Three Stooges voice)--hey knucklehead, vinyl siding is impermeable and keeps da germs out of da house!!! :Laughing

@rutgersguy1 needs to update the coaching carousel thread. Did not add Savon Huggins to University of Buffalo.:Wink:
it may and it may not... remember it’s airborne so if you open a window and your neighbor sneezes the virus has a chance...

Absolutely , what does this have to do with the question asked? NOTHING.. 15k words if repetitious nonsense... we all read articles ... in these times many articles both good and bad... to copy and paste the entire thing ... just post the link...
It's inaccessible depending on how many article you may have read that's why I copied the whole thing. I think it's an important for people to know. If you don't want to read it then don't. I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread..sue me.

It's inaccessible depending on how many article you may have read that's why I copied the whole thing. I think it's an important for people to know. If you don't want to read it then don't. I accidentally posted it in the wrong thread..sue me.
I like his response to my vinyl siding being impermeable even better. Some people don't speak emojis?

I like his response to my vinyl siding being impermeable even better. Some people don't speak emojis?
Not even sure how it's being seen in this thread anymore, I deleted it from this thread as soon as I realized from your responses. It's in the pinned thread now.

O
OK yes all accurate info is vital but just post the link...most will not read the article in it’s entirety... we are bombarded each n everyday and they mostly offer no good news.

O

OK yes all accurate info is vital but just post the link...most will not read the article in it’s entirety... we are bombarded each n everyday and they mostly offer no good news.
I'm fully aware it was a long article and I normally post snippets when I post things but I thought it was good article and important. The link probably wouldn't have worked for many who may have used up previews so that's why I posted the whole thing. I know seeing that big mass of words will discourage some from reading and that's fine. I'm not forcing anyone to read it, takes a few seconds to scroll right by but I thought it was worth putting out there for those who might want to read. I just happened to put it in the wrong thread and it's actually funny when pointed out to me and I laughed at myself about it. No need to get worked up about silly things.

Now please back to important things like the cost of siding. Don't want to sidetrack this thread. :)

[QUOTE="rutgersguy1, post: 4480186, member: 3724"

Now please back to important things like the cost of siding. Don't want to sidetrack this thread. :)[/QUOTE]
Too late!
I'm going back to making a facemask out of vinyl siding--I hear the stuff is impermeable to Covid-19!!!!

The "peninsula premium" for us Rumson, Fair Haven, Little Silver folks. Have heard all about it... and seen it first hand.

Asbestos is a porous material and will allow transmission of coronavirus. If someone sneezes on an asbestos-sided house, everyone inside can be exposed.

darn. now I'm gonna have to rip it all down tonight... what a pain...

ADVERTISEMENT