ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Snow Thread For Feb 6th & 7th Super Bowl Sunday

Impressive. Except for the salmon thing 😂
So one of these days we are gonna do our salmon at one of our tailgates: ya gotta swing by. I was never a huge salmon fan, but because we decided to try it out here at home, I dug up a recipe that really makes it rock. Marinate in soy sauce, brown sugar, lemon pepper, garlic powder, etc. 7 minutes a side on the grill, Wallah!

Reactions: WhiteBus
Damn- neighbor just getting his driveway plowed at 2am...my ring spotlight on that side of the house just woke me up.
WTF? You know his guy took the SB game off and now finishing up in the middle of the night.

Holy crap is it cold this morning!

a4wr2Pq.jpg

This storm was worse for clearing than the last one, even though less snow. Spent a couple hours yesterday doing our drive and the neighbors' driveway entrances. The heavy wet crap is the worst kind of snow to deal with even with a blower.

I always spray some sort of lubricant beforehand on the chute, impeller and augur. It helps but the really slushy crap at the end of the drive can really cake up in the chute occasionally but I think less frequently than it would if I didn't spray anything. Like I mentioned in one of the other threads I just take it slow and push forwards every so often and let the augur/impeller throw the slush/snow out before I push forward some more. For really big hard blocks of snow left by the plow I break it down with the shovel. End of our drive always has the most slushy crap, even now a big huge frozen puddle of water in the street in front....not even close with any of our neighbors.

NWS:

Good morning everyone... Here is a map showing the (approximate) snow totals from yesterday's event. A big event for parts of SE PA that were under the heavy band. Meanwhile only a few miles away <1 inch totals were observed in portions of New Castle County!
Gradients like that certainly provide a major challenge to meteorologists and slight differences in topography, marine influence, and precipitation intensity can often mean the difference between <1 inch and 8-10 inches in events like yesterdays (where temperatures were near or just above freezing)!

148491417_4033308843369150_3378600055551847268_n.png

ADVERTISEMENT