ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Some uncomfortable times for Sooners

"Very uneducated people. I wouldn't want my son or child to go there
or to anywhere like that. It was just very disturbing to me I didn't
like it,"

And of course after such a profound statement like this he goes and commits to play in Alabama, the stronghold of highly educated, racially tolerant people.

smh.

This post was edited on 3/11 11:13 AM by PatrickRU92

Oh well. It's not even a headline on ESPN .com. Haven't heard anything about it except on twitter. Their team will still be ranked and succeed this year and no one will mention it. Same as usual with any school that isn't us.

you're kidding yourself if you don't think this happens all around the country- especially in the south and southwest.

i had some pretty disturbing conversations with Arkansas frat boys on the way to the stadium before our game against the Razorbacks.

I am out here in "God" country and they don't hide it when alone, hell You go across the Appalachian mountain range and it is RIPE with bigotry. What am I saying you cross the Delaware river and it starts to reek by the time you get close to State College PA. Yes we got 'em here in Jersey but look at the make up of just about every town or school. there are so much ethnic diversity it hard to find any one ethnic group in a majority. It is a shame on how many kids from Jersey leave here thinking the rest of the country is like Metro NY/Jersey. Go south of the Delaware river and it get raw real quick. Mesquite type of kid just blows my mind he went from the fire into the bone fire. Think about U of OK is 5% black (most are jocks) and he goes to Bama which is not much better maybe worse. Are these kids Dumb or just that naïve?

Originally posted by imbazza:
I am out here in "God" country and they don't hide it when alone, hell You go across the Appalachian mountain range and it is RIPE with bigotry. What am I saying you cross the Delaware river and it starts to reek by the time you get close to State College PA. Yes we got 'em here in Jersey but look at the make up of just about every town or school. there are so much ethnic diversity it hard to find any one ethnic group in a majority. It is a shame on how many kids from Jersey leave here thinking the rest of the country is like Metro NY/Jersey. Go south of the Delaware river and it get raw real quick. Mesquite type of kid just blows my mind he went from the fire into the bone fire. Think about U of OK is 5% black (most are jocks) and he goes to Bama which is not much better maybe worse. Are these kids Dumb or just that naïve?
My sister lives in Orange County, NY not far from the state line with Pennsylvania, and her second husband is from Central PA. She has some pretty choice things to say about the people on the rare occasions when she's crossed the line from Port Jervis, NY to Matamoras, PA or further in to Pennsyltucky. New Jerseyans complain about the people there incessantly but there is something to be said for a region that is living in 2015, warts and all, and not 1985 or 1955--and moving backwards (at warp speed) as so many are at this point.

Always amazed at how advanced we seem in some areas, and how absolutely dumb we seem in others.

I realize racism is literally everywhere, but the idea that NJ is not that much different than places like Oklahoma and the deep south is just flat out wrong.

Originally posted by PatrickRU92:
I realize racism is literally everywhere, but the idea that NJ is not that much different than places like Oklahoma and the deep south is just flat out wrong.
Where's 95 when we need him to "prove" you wrong, by insulting you and offering up no proof of his position?

"Very uneducated people. I wouldn't want my son or child to go there
or to anywhere like that. It was just very disturbing to me I didn't
like it,"

And of course after such a profound statement like this he goes and commits to play in Alabama, the stronghold of highly educated, racially tolerant people.

smh.

This post was edited on 3/11 11:13 AM by PatrickRU92
LOL. So true.

When I lived Orlando I was friends with a few brothers at UCF SAE and l got the very strong impression this wasnt just limited to specific chapters.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by brgRC90:
My sister lives in Orange County, NY not far from the state line with Pennsylvania, and her second husband is from Central PA. She has some pretty choice things to say about the people on the rare occasions when she's crossed the line from Port Jervis, NY to Matamoras, PA or further in to Pennsyltucky. New Jerseyans complain about the people there incessantly but there is something to be said for a region that is living in 2015, warts and all, and not 1985 or 1955--and moving backwards (at warp speed) as so many are at this point.
As a resident of the same county as your sister, I'm here to tell you it is just as backwards here in the lower Hudson valley...as in the other side of port jervis...I would much rather live in Ok City or Norman...now outside of those cities in OK...probably not...

Originally posted by RU848789:

Where's 95 when we need him to "prove" you wrong, by insulting you and offering up no proof of his position?
That crew has steered oddly clear of this discussion....I think they may have gotten in trouble for all their "proof"

NJ is as racist as anywhere. You are ignorant if you think it's not as bad in NJ compared to the south. Talk to any 70 + white male who grew up in north jersey about race and let me know how that convo goes. Majority are racist.

ADVERTISEMENT