ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Something sweet to hear!

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
So I just got back from walking the streets of my complex - while on my street I pass my neighbor walking his dog and say hello. We exchange a few words, then he says: "That's quite a basketball team you have there." (He lives 3 doors down from me and knows I'm a huge RU fan.) So we talk a bit about the team, our past endeavors, past coaches and what the future holds. But it's been years since I've had anyone make a comment out of the blue about any of the Rutgers athletic teams. Great to have it happening again.

I had a similar experience on Sunday when I went to workout wearing my Rutgers sweatshirt and someone I didn't know comments "Big Win for Rutgers against Seton Hall". It made my day.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
So I just got back from walking the streets of my complex - while on my street I pass my neighbor walking his dog and say hello. We exchange a few words, then he says: "That's quite a basketball team you have there." (He lives 3 doors down from me and knows I'm a huge RU fan.) So we talk a bit about the team, our past endeavors, past coaches and what the future holds. But it's been years since I've had anyone make a comment out of the blue about any of the Rutgers athletic teams. Great to have it happening again.
That’s what Izzo said to Pikiell right after the MSU game.

Reactions: Bamm Bamm Rubble
But it's been years since I've had anyone make a comment out of the blue about any of the Rutgers athletic teams. Great to have it happening again.
Except for the occasional swipe or two. I'm up in Central NY and one or two people actually knew about the game too. Helps when it is a ranked team that gets beaten.

It is so good to see a coach who knows what he's doing. Since Pike got here he has identified needs and found transfers (good players and teammates) to fill them.. and has gotten more out of every player. And the players must see that too.. because they are all working hard and it is evident in watching the games.

ADVERTISEMENT