ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Songs or Videos That Scare You

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
Okay the songs do not necessarily have to do with Halloween or goblins but these are so songs that maybe as a kid or even now gave you chills or left you unsettled either through the subject matter or the arragement of the music Lets keep the Bieber or You Light Up my Lifes here to a minimum. Thats not point of the thread

Ill go first....two 70s classic rock staples...always creepy not only for their vocals but the whole production throughout of the instruments

my all time scariest.....like a Dark Shadows production and the spoken word part used to really scare me as a kid, I guess its a love song but you could have fooled me

of course, this was creepy even before Halloween

• Wow
Reactions: Jm0513
Mine is Today by Smashing Pumpkins. Every time I hear the song, something bad happens.

Last edited:
Anything featuring Pitbull...it is not so much scary as it is annoying!😉

I’m dating myself but “Tubular Bells” and Arthur Brown’s “Fire” scared the crap out of me as a kid. Catholic grammar school didn’t help in that regard either.

Okay the songs do not necessarily have to do with Halloween or goblins but these are so songs that maybe as a kid or even now gave you chills or left you unsettled either through the subject matter or the arragement of the music Lets keep the Bieber or You Light Up my Lifes here to a minimum. Thats not point of the thread

Ill go first....two 70s classic rock staples...always creepy not only for their vocals but the whole production throughout of the instruments

my all time scariest.....like a Dark Shadows production and the spoken word part used to really scare me as a kid, I guess its a love song but you could have fooled me

of course, this was creepy even before Halloween

Love Blue Oyster Cult. There was a video of their song “Nosferatu” with clips from the original Dracula (Nosferatu) movie from I believe the 20’s. Pretty scary.

Beach Boys had an album 20 20. Came out in late 60s. They were prophetic. A song on the album is called Our Prayer.

Underrated album. First song is Do It Again - classic underrated Beach Boys gem followed by I can hear music and a killer copy of bluebirds over the mountain. Side 2 if I recall has some of Brian Wilson’s songs from the Smile Album such as Cabinessence that was eventually released 40 years too late.

Frankenstein by The Edgar Winter Group.

Elton’s Funeral for a Friend with its opening bells and swirling wind backed by the Moog is very eerie.

Most disturbing/terrifying “video” would hands down be Nine Inch Nails Broken album movie. It’s basically videos for each song on the album strung together through some stuff that wouldn’t be appropriate to even describe here.

As for just music itself, Phish’s song Maze is arranged in a way that makes you feel pretty claustrophobic and almost like your stuck in a maze. It’s hard to describe and it’s bad vibes all around.

Last edited:
Reactions: bac2therac

Girl in the middle grew up to be a babe:

WAP105.jpeg

However, I’d probably say Rubber Johnny is his weirdest vid.

ADVERTISEMENT