ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Songs or Videos That Scare You

Lighten up, Francis. Thread title followed. As for your post, it's longer than a post by the guy whose balls you like to bust in weather threads. @GoodOl'Rutgers - he called me a Karen!
Well.. just like I have for people using this-tard and that-tard.. I told him he is using a disgusting term.. so now it's all on him. And when people use pejoratives against him.. he won't find any support from people who notice his use of them.

Eurythmics. Sweet dreams are made of these. Brings me back to being a little kid in the 80s. Always creeped me out. The organ. Annie lenox’s voice. The whole vibe.

Reactions: bac2therac
Okay the songs do not necessarily have to do with Halloween or goblins but these are so songs that maybe as a kid or even now gave you chills or left you unsettled either through the subject matter or the arragement of the music Lets keep the Bieber or You Light Up my Lifes here to a minimum. Thats not point of the thread

Ill go first....two 70s classic rock staples...always creepy not only for their vocals but the whole production throughout of the instruments

(Nights in White Satin from the Days of Future Past album)

my all time scariest.....like a Dark Shadows production and the spoken word part used to really scare me as a kid, I guess its a love song but you could have fooled me

All the songs on Days of Future Past by the Moody Blues are written about one day (i.e. The Day Begins, Tuesday Afternoon, Nights in White Satin, etc.). If you listen to the album, Nights in White Satin ends with a giant gong hit. At the start of the album is that sound but in reverse. So if you could continually play the album, the end would wind up at the start.

I will throw out two for ya

1965 was a time of turmoil, both within our country, and
with China and Russia..... plenty of concern for the US
overall

"Eve of Destruction"

and just for the title, and a few "screams" along the way, an
instrumental by my favorite band

"careful with that axe, Eugene"

Someone mentioned Bowie - This is the song he wrote that gave me chills. Came out the day after he died. He wrote it in anticipation of his death.

Reactions: bac2therac
This one is always eerie everytime I hear it.

Gary Jules- Mad World.

Junkies down in Brooklyn are going crazy
They're laughing just like hungry dogs in the street
Policemen are hiding behind the skirts of little girls
Their eyes have turned the color of frozen meat

No, no no no, no no no no no no no no,
Joan Crawford has risen from the grave

Catholic schoolgirls have thrown away their mascara
They chain themselves to the axles of big Mack trucks
The sky is filled with hurt and shivering angels
The fat lady lives! Children, start your trucks

No, no no no, no no no no no no no no

(Christina, mother's home!
No, no
Christina
No, no, no, no
Come to Mother
No, no, no, no, no no no no no no
Christina)

Joan Crawford has risen

Okay the songs do not necessarily have to do with Halloween or goblins but these are so songs that maybe as a kid or even now gave you chills or left you unsettled either through the subject matter or the arragement of the music Lets keep the Bieber or You Light Up my Lifes here to a minimum. Thats not point of the thread

Ill go first....two 70s classic rock staples...always creepy not only for their vocals but the whole production throughout of the instruments

my all time scariest.....like a Dark Shadows production and the spoken word part used to really scare me as a kid, I guess its a love song but you could have fooled me

of course, this was creepy even before Halloween

"Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" was always a giant exhale after escaping treachery, a nightmare journey through evil, lies and the discovery that the Wizard himself, was a total fraud.

Saw The Doors at Colgate Univ gym in the 60's.

"What's the funny smell ?', me.

Being a good catholic boy.. it was all the satanic crap that screed me. Rosemary's Baby, Omen, Exorcist.. because, you know, absolute evil is real.

ADVERTISEMENT