ADVERTISEMENT

OT: SpaceX Splashdown

All of this stuff is so awesome to see. The one thing that did tick me off was all the public boaters literally surround the thing within minutes. Risking crews and themselves. So stupid. I hope they jotted down those boaters tag numbers.

All of this stuff is so awesome to see. The one thing that did tick me off was all the public boaters literally surround the thing within minutes. Risking crews and themselves. So stupid. I hope they jotted down those boaters tag numbers.

lolz..

don't be made bro....

So glad we’re back. Followed every Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flight. Watched the first moon landing while in Bermuda. Coincidentally, the moon landing was in the midst of racial upheaval just like now. SpaceX seems to value diversity based on pictures as opposed to all white men in white shirts in 60’s. There has been progress. Proud to be an American again

Reactions: BLewis1968
So glad we’re back. Followed every Mercury, Gemini and Apollo flight. Watched the first moon landing while in Bermuda. Coincidentally, the moon landing was in the midst of racial upheaval just like now. SpaceX seems to value diversity based on pictures as opposed to all white men in white shirts in 60’s. There has been progress. Proud to be an American again

Compared to the rest of the decade, there was relatively little racial upheaval in '69. Especially compared to '68 and '65.

Anyone catch the boat with the Trump banner cruising by? Thought that was hilarious someone sneaking that in. Didn't matter that it was a Trump banner, a Biden banner, a Clemson University banner, whatever.

It is s great not to be dependent upon the Russians to get our men to and from the ISS anymore. Not having a replacement ready for the Space Shuttle was a foul up by Obama, Bush and Clinton. They all knew what the shuttles' lifespans were, but did nothing.

I think the big delay in taking them out of the capsule was them doing a CoVid self-test and waiting for results. Once everyone was safe from CoVid, then they could break the social distance barrier of the capsule door.

I think the big delay in taking them out of the capsule was them doing a CoVid self-test and waiting for results. Once everyone was safe from CoVid, then they could break the social distance barrier of the capsule door.
Where did you hear this? Did you watch it live?
They said the crew had all been tested and quarantining. Also, they said the delay was because of high levels of harmful fumes.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/08/02/spacex-return-updates/

Last edited:
Reactions: ashokan
They said the crew had all been tested and quarantining. Also, they said the delay was because of high levels of harmful fumes.

It's being replayed on CSPAN as we speak and you are correct.

Reactions: Jm0513
https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2020/08/02/spacex-return-updates/
was a joke.. everyone missed it? they were in space.. not a graduation party.. I guess that's my bad.. when no one gets it
maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Jm0513
ADVERTISEMENT