ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Spartans, 3 5-stars in 30 days

He's currently listed as a 2022 recruit but is considering re-classifying to 2021. He might do better to remain with the 2022 class, as the border should be open by then.

Perceived elite athletes choosing elite schools has been going on for decades.The only major change is that those players rarely stay more than a year so there is constant reloading of talent.There also is the new phenomena where high school players can choose semi pro leagues and get paid rather than opting for college.

Last edited:
Hoping someone throws in our count of 5-star recruits in our history.
It is certainly higher than the number of times we have paid cash to players, given Corvettes to players, given cash to family members, provided homes for family members, given cash to aau coaches, high school coaches, handlers, and given cars and phoney jobs to family members.

One of them just posted his return home on his Snapchat after his visit:

MilkyUglyEarwig-size_restricted.gif

It is certainly higher than the number of times we have paid cash to players, given Corvettes to players, given cash to family members, provided homes for family members, given cash to aau coaches, high school coaches, handlers, and given cars and phoney jobs to family members.
Remarks like your’s here come off as crass. I have no doubt that the Michigan State basketball program stretches the rules when it comes to providing benefits to players and their friends and family and miscellaneous hangers on. But you have to agree that Tom Izzo is a heck of a CEO for a college basketball program and has been for a heck of a long time, is loyal to Michigan State, and has mastered the art of landing elite players and getting all his players a taste of playing on big stages, especially March Madness. I even love his team’s style of play.
I can’t wait for the day I can say that about our head coach.

Reactions: brianoc
You did not mention Steve Pikiell and C. Vivian Stringer either.
Of course I wouldn’t. When people think of sleazy coaches and programs, they usually think of Mike Krzyzewski, Roy Williams, Jim Boeheim, Eric Musselman, John Calipari, and Jerry Tarkanian. Not Coach Pike and Stringer.

ADVERTISEMENT