ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen cited for DWI at Sandy Hook

Why is anyone with that kind of money doing driving drunk? I mean, no one should do it but there are times a normal Joe may do out to dinner and have a couple beers or wine and think they are ok...
But a 9 figure guy, you are having drinks- have someone to drive you or at least a trusted car service.
more covid when meeting clients out, I always had a car service I used. For $500 they would sit in the city just waiting for your call and drive you where you wanted.

Horrible? Fall? He f***** up. but Holy Hyperbole Batman!
He screwed up, horrible look and of course, no way to defend him for DUI...but...agree with you- far from a horrible fall. He will pay fines, he will lose his license and he will have his driver drive him for 6 months or so. Again- DUI is just stupid and dangerous- but it does happen way too often and not a huge disgraceful fall.

Since Sandy Hook is federal land does he go before a Monmouth County or a federal judge?
It's nuggets like this that keep me coming back to this board. I lived in NJ all my life and never knew this.

Last edited:
He also bought a brand new Land Rover at the beginning of December

Why is anyone with that kind of money doing driving drunk? I mean, no one should do it but there are times a normal Joe may do out to dinner and have a couple beers or wine and think they are ok...
But a 9 figure guy, you are having drinks- have someone to drive you or at least a trusted car service.
more covid when meeting clients out, I always had a car service I used. For $500 they would sit in the city just waiting for your call and drive you where you wanted.

Maybe Bruce didn't want any witnesses. Drivers can tell a lot of tales

R3vsTZA.jpg

This is embarrassing. Tom Hanks stands alone.
Bruce needs to spend some time at the Betty Ford Center and recover from his addiction and stupidity.

Reactions: goru1869
On Nov. 14, 2020, Springsteen was cited for DWI, reckless driving and consuming alcohol in a closed area at Sandy Hook, in the Gateway National Recreation Area at the northeast tip of Monmouth County.
hMGhbbY.png

Is this the Springsteen who told concert goers in Australia that he was emabarrass to be an American? Can't recall....
Hey, c'mon, I was in complete agreement with him: I was also embarrassed he was an American!

Reactions: goru1869
Interesting how he had to be driving to get a DWI and reckless driving.
How did they site him for consuming alcohol in a closed area?
Did he drink in front of them?
How do they know he wasn’t just drunk from drinking somewhere else first?
Will ?
The only thing I can think off is they observed him drinking alcohol, obviously without his knowledge, and didn’t bust him until until he drove away.

Interesting how he had to be driving to get a DWI and reckless driving.
How did they site him for consuming alcohol in a closed area?
Did he drink in front of them?
How do they know he wasn’t just drunk from drinking somewhere else first?
Will ?
The only thing I can think off is they observed him drinking alcohol, obviously without his knowledge, and didn’t bust him until until he drove away.

I know you can get charged with DWI without an officer even seeing you driving your car.

Last edited:
My question is since he was on Federal Lands was the BOSS wearing one or two masks? If no mask was he ticketed for this violation? Sandy Hook does not allow alcohol consumption on the beach or the property. Let’s be honest here. He will get a stern reprimand ( cough) , minimum fine and will be praised for being a great philanthropist.Maybe he was looking for some horeshoe crabs at spermacetti cove?

He screwed up, horrible look and of course, no way to defend him for DUI...but...agree with you- far from a horrible fall. He will pay fines, he will lose his license and he will have his driver drive him for 6 months or so. Again- DUI is just stupid and dangerous- but it does happen way too often and not a huge disgraceful fall.
Maybe it should be...

Having a HS teammate killed by a drunk driver and seeing the damage they cause up close and personal over the course of my career I’d be fine with a scarlet “D.W.I” letter thing for some people.

Reactions: bac2therac
I’ll say this, times have changed.
I this was the 60s and 70s the cops would of gotten autographs and drove him home
maybe he got away with it much too often before--his actions threaten the lives of others--was he wearing his mask??

Maybe it should be...

Having a HS teammate killed by a drunk driver and seeing the damage they cause up close and personal over the course of my career I’d be fine with a scarlet “D.W.I” letter thing for some people.
I agree with you and it is disgraceful. What I am saying that as much as it should be such a black blemish on someone- it never is until someone is hurt. In this case, his DUI will be a non discussion in about a week or so.

I think, sometimes people do something really stupid and dangerous. And they should be penalized fairly based on that. Drunk Driving is high up there. But it is also something many many good people have done. And sometimes, it may sound stupid, but a person often goes out to dinner, maybe has a drink waiting for a table and a couple of wines at dinner. They are there 2 hours and feel they are ok to drive. But legally and morally, they really shouldn't as they are most likely impaired. But it happens all the time. And it is a big difference vs a person who jumps behind a wheel actually drunk.

None of it is right but it is a crime that has some many angles to it but rarely results in anything good unless you get away with it.

ADVERTISEMENT