ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Springsteen tour begins in Tampa tonight

All remaining September shows have been cancelled as Bruce is being treated for a peptic ulcer. As I said in the other thread, while the recent shows were great, something was definitely lacking. No engagement with the crowd. Just getting through the set. I'm guessing the health issues started prior to the cancelled Philly shows, but he wanted to do the Jersey shows and pushed himself too much.

🤒🤕

F7C02LVW0AA3t1H.thumb.jpg.60a71cc8f05ab7d1842f308d9cfa5040.jpg

Get well Bruce!

Saw the Sept 3 show, probably the best of the tour.. and to think he was running on empty at that point..

Springsteen turned 74 last week, so it's not surprising that he has health issues. Let's hope he recovers and has many healthy years in front of him.

Reactions: BossNJ
This past Saturday I was at Monmouth University for a symposium on the making of The Wild, the Innocent and the E Street Shuffle at the Springsteen Archives. Bruce made an appearance and spoke for over an hour, along with several band members from that time.

See the article below for his thoughts on the making of the album:

There were also several performances of the album’s songs by local musicians, along with members of the ESB. The highlight for me was this version of New York City Serenade, with a beautiful piano intro from former ESB keyboardist David Sancious, vocals by Pat Guadagno, Richie Blackwell on congas (local Freehold guy who played on the album and toured with the band at the time), and former ESB drummer Vinnie Lopez.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT