ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stabbing on beach at Pt Pleasant

When you say North Jersey types are we talking about Alpine or Bedminster or more like semi north central east NJ?
I think we all know what Bennys are.. even the Bennys. And now there are a lot of New Yorkers included.. Staten Island, etc. "Guidos".. they are still around, right? The show "Jersey Shore" didn't end that.. did it? And I'd guess the majority of them aren't even Italian anymore.. if they ever were. Nah.. that cannot be a thing anymore... that has to be over right?

Last edited:
Didn’t you post that you brought your family to Point Pleasant beach earlier in the season?
No, Spring Lake. We did 2 day trips there. Also spent 2 weeks in SH last month (which is our normal annual trip).

Last edited:
Reactions: Jm0513
Not a beach guy, not a fish guy, but you live in Manasquan close to the beach. Are you a fish out of water?

Picky beach guy. Was up there Sun-Mon or Tue and Fri-today (start of Local's Summer). Not a fan of really hot beach weather.

No matter where I am, I'm a fish out of water. Pretty high standards here 😉

Reactions: Knight Shift
The stabbing victims have been identified

The victims should be arrested as well. They and the perp should be in prison since you cannot have a knife fight from a proper social distance. The fight could spread covid.

Reactions: KingHigh
I’m in Cape May for a few days. Very clean and nice hear. Except I saw more then a few crazies wearing a masks on the beach when no one was within 20’ of them. Now if they have a underlying condition I can understand but there was more then a few. I do have my Trump 2020 mask that I wore to lunch and the liquor store. Got a few compliments on it and a thumbs up so far for it. It goes with my Rutgers shirt. May hit up Cape May Brewery if the weather is bad tomorrow.

Well you do know with the mass exodus from NJ the housing in Alpine is now being purchased by undesirables

Many people are saying that Alpine and Ridgewood are being abandoned in favor of West Virginia and Alabama. They would have tried Mississippi and Kentucky but all the Upper West Side and Williamsburg people got there first because the city is burnt down and destroyed.

Reactions: Greg2020 and fsg2
You seriously need to get on your bike more when your in the area.

For starters...

- Some of the beach clubs in Sea Bright are still pretty swanky. Not my problem if they didn’t let you in. ;)

- Sea Girt? Again, have you ever really been?

- Same with Avon.

- Where you really comparing some of these towns to Cape May? No dig on Cape May as I am a big fan but not the same.

Remember, 609 might be your height and area code but ain’t your IQ. LOL

You're talking to someone who claimed he was afraid to go to Stuff Yer Face after games and that Hoboken is "covered in glass." He probably would be afraid to go Joe Leone's. Never mind Parker!

Well it certainly didn't take long for Mayor Kanitra to jump on this tragedy. He already put out a statement, " I certainly hope Jenkinson's will finally see the light and drops their counterproductive lawsuit that undermines our ability to protect residents and visitors alike".

As much as many shore towns are administered like clown cars, Point takes the cake in this regard. A town dependent on tourism that hates the cash cow that makes them (and Bay Head and Mantaloking) way ahead of the rest of the curve in Ocean County.

The Jenkinson's whiners should face off with the Parker House haters in the ring. Consolation prize to the Belmar locals who hate DJais. And towns that respect their visitors like Manasquan and Asbury can watch and laugh.

I grew up in Monmouth County. The clientele of people that go to beaches there varies from town to town. Ocean County and Point specifically always had a ton of bennies.

People from all over (including much of Monmouth itself) go to Belmar, Long Branch and Point mostly because they have the best highway access.

Going to some place like Sea Girt or Manasquan, you tend to know the people there and it's different. Asbury is becoming very cool and the crowd there is way different from the beaches further south, each with its pluses and minuses. And even Belmar Main Street and 10th have so many great restaurants that people don't realize.

But- and par for the course here- people who never or rarely stepped foot in any of these places have to chime in, often with bigotry but always without reality. I was in Point Fri-Sun. Was not scary. Beautiful weather and scenery.

It's a shame because what could be a nice discussion and real promotion of the NJ brand turns into ridiculousness because the same people are allowed to serve up hateful innuendo again and again.

Many people are saying that Alpine and Ridgewood are being abandoned in favor of West Virginia and Alabama. They would have tried Mississippi and Kentucky but all the Upper West Side and Williamsburg people got there first because the city is burnt down and destroyed.
Funny you mention Ridgewood. Ridgewood is known as a town where you move in to educate your kids and then get the hell out when the are off to college. Taxes are ridiculously high.

You're talking to someone who claimed he was afraid to go to Stuff Yer Face after games and that Hoboken is "covered in glass." He probably would be afraid to go Joe Leone's. Never mind Parker!
Don’t forget I’m afraid to go there too.

The thought of that bathroom makes me gag just thinking about it.

I literally dry heaved while typing this on the beach in Spring Lake. My wife looked at me with a WTH? face. LOL

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Don’t forget I’m afraid to go there too.

The thought of that bathroom makes me gag just thinking about it.

I literally dry heaved while typing this on the beach in Spring Lake. My wife looked at me with a WTH? face. LOL

LOL. I'll try to switch it to Evelyn's for you.

Reactions: rutgersal
Funny you mention Ridgewood. Ridgewood is known as a town where you move in to educate your kids and then get the hell out when the are off to college. Taxes are ridiculously high.

TBH, I mean shouldn't this be every town? Do retired people need large homes? How many people who can afford to live in Ridgewood and have kids 18+ need to be in the city every day? If so there are cheaper places to live closer to NYC where condos are reasonable. I'm far away from this, but I always figured once I was retired I'd live in NJ for only half the year. Only because may as well move around when you have no obligation.

As long as Lutherans are still the majority and services on Sunday still help keep the trash out... no Ocean Grove is fine.

As long as Lutherans are still the majority and services on Sunday still help keep the trash out... no Ocean Grove is fine.
I thought they were Methodists in OG.

Ocean Grove
Garden State Parkway exit: 100B
Why we love it: This quaint Victorian town is quite the charmer. Once known as a summertime religious retreat, it’s now home to a large LGBT community—and with one of the best beaches in NJ that’s rarely overcrowded, who could blame the crowds for flocking here?
What to do: Bürbelmaiers, a little cafe on the main drag, dishes out sweet and savory Brit-style pies (we dig the curried lamb) that make a great addition to your beachside lunch pack.

I’m staying in Bay Head this week. Took a walk up to the boards in Point Beach and there was a pack of Newarkers waiting to stab us.

The town didn't go downhill. Lots of wealthy people in Point Beach. The visitors have changed. The change happened after Sandy, My friends used to drop their kids off at the boardwalk at night and let them have fun. Now most of the locals won't do that anymore because of the visitors who come down now. I have a few friends on the police force and they are dealing with different types of problems than what they had years ago,
What does a Sandy have to do with it ? Not following you on this one.

TBH, I mean shouldn't this be every town? Do retired people need large homes? How many people who can afford to live in Ridgewood and have kids 18+ need to be in the city every day? If so there are cheaper places to live closer to NYC where condos are reasonable. I'm far away from this, but I always figured once I was retired I'd live in NJ for only half the year. Only because may as well move around when you have no obligation.
To be honest, my in laws (early 80's) live in a very desirable town not far from Ridgewood. Large house & just the 2 of them. Average tax bill for NJ. They had their retirement house just north of San Diego but sold it because it was 3000 miles away from their daughters/grandchildren. Condos and townhomes were never an option for them due to the loss of privacy.

Since the house is long paid off, they know their fixed costs. Being close to family is important at their age (ex. holidays / health reasons) and all their friends are still here as well. Plus the thought of costs to move and going through all their possessions is easier said than done. They prefer for us to go thru them when they are gone. No matter where you go most costs (besides property taxes) are pretty similar (ex. food, utilities, etc.). If you have the means, it can make sense to stay.

Also, moving to Florida/retirement community is no prize either. My neighbor used to do the 6 months here/there, but when friends started dying off and he moved back here full time due to loneliness. Sometimes it's worth staying put so to speak.

Surprisingly, I don’t know anyone who would bring a knife to the beach with them.
Of course, surfcasters carry knives, maybe the stabber is a fisherman...lol
Hey Zap don’t be dissing fisherman now, we are a very friendly bunch , most fishermen try to avoid crowded areas, but if you try to mussle in on someone’s fishing spot then you got problems. :chairshot:

To be honest, my in laws (early 80's) live in a very desirable town not far from Ridgewood. Large house & just the 2 of them. Average tax bill for NJ. They had their retirement house just north of San Diego but sold it because it was 3000 miles away from their daughters/grandchildren. Condos and townhomes were never an option for them due to the loss of privacy.

Since the house is long paid off, they know their fixed costs. Being close to family is important at their age (ex. holidays / health reasons) and all their friends are still here as well. Plus the thought of costs to move and going through all their possessions is easier said than done. They prefer for us to go thru them when they are gone. No matter where you go most costs (besides property taxes) are pretty similar (ex. food, utilities, etc.). If you have the means, it can make sense to stay.

Also, moving to Florida/retirement community is no prize either. My neighbor used to do the 6 months here/there, but when friends started dying off and he moved back here full time due to loneliness. Sometimes it's worth staying put so to speak.
Being close to family when you get older is probably first priority. If the house is paid off, then property taxes aren’t that expensive If you have social security, a pension and additional investments. Moving down to Florida for a couple of years but then moving back when you need someone to assist you when you lose some mobility.

This little incident won't derail my beach volleyball career, nor should it devalue homes, which have nothing to do with crowds that show up to a particular bar. But don't let that stop the hysteria.

They should just have a battle royal championship with the location rotating among North Jersey beaches.

You wall off a 1 square mile section of beach, and in there, anything goes. Guns, knives, swords, blowdarts, you name it. If you wanna roll up with beef, you handle it in the square. They can even get a shuttle service going from hotspots like djais, bar-A, etc.

They should just have a battle royal championship with the location rotating among North Jersey beaches.

You wall off a 1 square mile section of beach, and in there, anything goes. Guns, knives, swords, blowdarts, you name it. If you wanna roll up with beef, you handle it in the square. They can even get a shuttle service going from hotspots like djais, bar-A, etc.

NJ would be late to the party.
See Baltimore

I have a few neighbors like you lol. Live at the beach but don’t like seafood or the beach

I don't know why someone would think I don't like the beach. I don't Like to go when it's really hot but I go when family's here. I's just my favorite times are June and mid Aug thru Sept.

I'm gonna guess I'm not the only person who doesn't like seafood. I guess I should never go to a farm because I don't like lamb either.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
I’m in Cape May for a few days. Very clean and nice hear. Except I saw more then a few crazies wearing a masks on the beach when no one was within 20’ of them. Now if they have a underlying condition I can understand but there was more then a few. I do have my Trump 2020 mask that I wore to lunch and the liquor store. Got a few compliments on it and a thumbs up so far for it. It goes with my Rutgers shirt. May hit up Cape May Brewery if the weather is bad tomorrow.

I have been vacationing almost every summer in Cape May for 25 years...... the beach has always been nice and little or no riff-raff there or around town

The only change is that it has become more family orientated over the years..... it used to be a majority of older people, now a decent amount of children either with parents or grandparents. Which is to be expected and not a bad thing

Reactions: T2Kplus10
That’s the problem, their beaches. New Yorkers don’t have a lot of choices. Rockaways and Jones Beach are pretty big but the rest are small for the amount of people living in the surrounding areas.
NY does it different. State Parks like Jones, Robert Moses, Sunken Meadow, then there's the county-run beaches, then the muni-run beaches, and the private beach clubs. But outside of Long Beach, Rockaways, and the Hamptons there's very little "life" near the beaches. That's the draw of the Jersey Shore and OBX to the NY crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT