ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stanford athletics budget cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really loved the old Saint Paul Civic Center where the Minnesita Fighting Saints of the World Hockey Association used to play. The only arena I have seen that had clear boards. Loved the Saints uniforms too. Bring back the New Jersey Knights and Cherry Hill Arena !

Violence against Asian Americans has increased in large part because of the use of terms such as China Virus, Wuhan Virus or Chinese Virus. We all agree that increased violence against innocent people is wrong, so why push that behavior?

Representative Meng of NY put it best in a recent hearing, speaking to one of her Republican colleagues:

“Your president, and your party, and your colleagues can talk about issues with any other country that you want, but you don’t have to do it by putting a bull’s-eye on the back of Asian-Americans across this country, on our grandparents, on our kids,” said Representative Grace Meng, Democrat of New York.
I simply don't buy that and the data doesn't support that narrative. In fact, the data suggests it's particular subset of the population but of course, that's now racist

also, no one wants violence against anyone.

Reactions: BigWill
I simply don't buy that and the data doesn't support that narrative. In fact, the data suggests it's particular subset of the population but of course, that's now racist

Actually, the data does support it. It’s from the FBI and the AAPI. The increase in violence actually spurred the Senate to pass legislation on hate crimes this week. And the whole use of these terms was to ascribe blame and deflect responsibility away from domestic leadership failures. Not surprisingly, it was the wrong tact to take and has led to increased violence against Asian Americans. High price to pay to use unnecessary terms. No benefit at all.

Approx 25,000 likes could prove you wrong. or at least give you pause to learn and explore and expand your base of knowledge and life.
Think you dropped an extra zero in there, Big Chief.

And not exactly a meaningful statistic.

Violence against Asian Americans has increased in large part because of the use of terms such as China Virus, Wuhan Virus or Chinese Virus. We all agree that increased violence against innocent people is wrong, so why push that behavior?

Representative Meng of NY put it best in a recent hearing, speaking to one of her Republican colleagues:

“Your president, and your party, and your colleagues can talk about issues with any other country that you want, but you don’t have to do it by putting a bull’s-eye on the back of Asian-Americans across this country, on our grandparents, on our kids,” said Representative Grace Meng, Democrat of New York.

Well here we go. I've been watching local NYC news, which has often shown surveillance camera footage of the attacks on Asian-Americans and the attackers. It may not speak to the violence in other parts of the country, but NONE of the perpetrators look like Trump supporters.

Reactions: BigWill
Other than Trump supporters, no one would agree with your statement.
You can ABSOLUTELY think Trump was an inexcusably compromised and vile individual and that the virus got its genesis in China…City of Wuhan. The latter in no way makes you racist…PERIOD, no matter how many times you say it to m ake yourself feel better. The 1918 flu got it’s start (quite likely) in Ft Riley, Kansas…so look WE started one.

Even hyper left-leaning VOX has no issue with this…

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT