ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stanford athletics budget cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case you haven’t noticed, there is a concerted effort to cull sports at top tier institutions. Harvard will be intramurals soon if people have their way.
Harvard pre Wuhan had the most Intercollegiate sports teams in US colleges/univ.

Stanford will discontinue 11 of our varsity sports programs at the conclusion of the 2020-21 academic year: men’s and women’s fencing, field hockey, lightweight rowing, men’s rowing, co-ed and women’s sailing, squash, synchronized swimming, men’s volleyball and wrestling.

Going from 36 sports to 25 when the average Division I has 18 sports. 850 student athletes are 12% of the undergraduate population. I don’t see a problems with the cuts, instead of giving scholarships to athletes it might be better for academic achievements. Most of those sports are for rich people, another way for the rich to bypass the rules.
Most of these sports are for rich people???!! Please elaborate I’d also like to hear how college sports help the rich bypass the rules

Most of these sports are for rich people???!! Please elaborate I’d also like to hear how college sports help the rich bypass the rules
Why do you think you know better than the Stanford administration whether to continue to keep the sport? You have more information than them or more insight? Please explain.

giphy.gif

William Paterson had one of the Top college bowling programs in the country for years. Nebraska is up there as well.

"going after him"??? seems a bit extreme

You have a moderator interjecting himself into a somewhat confrontational back and forth between two posters, taking a side against a specific poster who does nothing to harm anyone but is consistently ganged up on. Assigning him him some type of moniker to boot. So, no, I don’t consider it extreme. He’s a moderator. Follow the rules.

The moderation of this board is totally biased, where certain posters are permitted to break rules as they wish while others are subject to punishment. Here, we have a moderator clearly violating one of the stated rules.

You have a moderator interjecting himself into a somewhat confrontational back and forth between two posters, taking a side against a specific poster who does nothing to harm anyone but is consistently ganged up on. Assigning him him some type of moniker to boot. So, no, I don’t consider it extreme. He’s a moderator. Follow the rules.

The moderation of this board is totally biased, where certain posters are permitted to break rules as they wish while others are subject to punishment. Here, we have a moderator clearly violating one of the stated rules.
the old crew was far worse but I do agree with you here and the mod is absolutely wrong

That's right.. you guys get to decide what is acceptable.. meaning only those voices that agree with you. The moderator can moderate AND have his own voice.

rutgersdave invited many people to disagree with his statement about certain sports being for rich (privileged, white) people interested in getting around entrance rules. many people disagree with him on that and object to his inferences.

Last edited:
That's right.. you guys get to decide what is acceptable.. meaning only those voices that agree with you. The moderator can moderate AND have his own voice.

rutgersdave invited many people to disagree with his statement about certain sports being for rich (privileged, white) people.
No, mods aren't actually supposed to make fun of other posters and provide no value to the conversation. Sorry.

Reactions: Frida's Boss
Fun thread…it went predictably dark and I’m shocked it hasn’t been moved behind the pay wall

Yes, any moderator can have their own voice provided they adhere to the board rules. This moderator violated a board rule.

I agree 100%. I don’t understand how the moderators can allow overtly racist humans like @BigWill to continue to post is beyond me. His use of the phrases such as “Wuhan” and “China virus” at a time of violence against Asians is appalling. I would hope that even the most conservative posters would find it reprehensible.

Reactions: Frida's Boss
wuhan virus, china virus ..repeat ad infintum....

that is not racist.. that is accurately descriptive

the violence against asians, largely in urban areas, has gone on for decades.. only now certain elements think they can use it to further their political agenda.. so they make statements like rurahrah000 has.

Stanford demolished their old Stadium that seated about 90,000, in 2006.

I played there for my East-West Shrine game in 1969 and the Stadium was full.

They put up a NEW Stadium that seats 51,000 for $ 90,000,000 million at the exact same location, known at The Farm.

So tell me how smart their Administration is ?

wuhan virus, china virus ..repeat ad infintum....

that is not racist.. that is accurately descriptive

the violence against asians, largely in urban areas, has gone on for decades.. only now certain elements think they can use it to further their political agenda.. so they make statements like rurahrah000 has.
Other than Trump supporters, no one would agree with your statement.

Other than Trump supporters, no one would agree with your statement.
maybe not publicly.. but they know it is true.. except for the useful idiots who have the right motives but buy leftist propaganda like it is absolute truth.. their need to virtue signal outweighs their ability to see through propaganda

I can prove their is nothing wrong with saying wuhan virus.. we all know CNN is not racist, right? CNN and every liberal news source called it wuhan virus in the beginning. before the propaganda machine went into overdrive.

Then you should read the legislation PASSED in California that is targeted at Asian citizens of Calif, directly because of their excellent academic records and qualifications versus the rest of California high school students applying for admission to the Univ of Calif system.

I agree 100%. I don’t understand how the moderators can allow overtly racist humans like @BigWill to continue to post is beyond me. His use of the phrases such as “Wuhan” and “China virus” at a time of violence against Asians is appalling. I would hope that even the most conservative posters would find it reprehensible.
They thought about banning him but fell asleep during his rambling personal anecdote that had nothing to do with the thread.

maybe not publicly.. but they know it is true.. except for the useful idiots who have the right motives but buy leftist propaganda like it is absolute truth.. their need to virtue signal outweighs their ability to see through propaganda

I can prove their is nothing wrong with saying wuhan virus.. we all know CNN is not racist, right? CNN and every liberal news source called it wuhan virus in the beginning. before the propaganda machine went into overdrive.

Then you should read the legislation PASSED in California that is targeted at Asian citizens of Calif, directly because of their excellent academic records and qualifications versus the rest of California high school students applying for admission to the Univ of Calif system.

I don't even know what to say to you guys. Sadly, you guys are hopeless.

What is truly amazing is the lack of posters desiring the attempt to educate themselves beyond what Google tells them is a fact.

If we start getting into "why are they still allowed to post" it may lead to it being applied to a wider spectrum of political view points, the use of multiple handles and transfer to the CE board where I don't post.

Last edited:
Spain is petitioning the UN to rename the Spanish Flu. And let's not even bring up Lyme, Connecticut!

I don't even know what to say to you guys. Sadly, you guys are hopeless.
more namecalling from you? (yes, I know, it was nothing.. just saying so was the moderator's comment about "Doomsday Dave".. totally benign... as was my use of "useful idiots".. which is a well-known term in Marxist ideology).

Last edited:
Spain is petitioning the UN to rename the Spanish Flu. And let's not even bring up Lyme, Connecticut!
Well since the naming rules changed a few years before the start of Covid, those 100-year-old events are as irrelevant as they were the last 50 times the ignorant mouth breather crew brought them up.

Weak try, though!

you're a headcase with this. you can't be serious

you care about violence, address the 2018 fbi statistics of 16% of whites kllled by blacks with only 8% of blacks killed by whites. you know, it's about violence.

oh and it's the Chinese Virus and they could have done more to prevent it's spread or warn earlier.

facts

you care about violence, address the 2018 fbi statistics of 16% of whites kllled by blacks with only 8% of blacks killed by whites. you know, it's about violence.

oh and it's the Chinese Virus and they could have done more to prevent it's spread or warn earlier.

facts
they don't get it that it is not racist simply because they say it is racist... or they choose to not "get it". Even if they get all the liberals to agree that certain language is "racist".. that does not make it so.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
they don't get it that it is not racist simply because they say it is racist... or they choose to not "get it". Even if they get all the liberals to agree that certain language is "racist".. that does not make it so.
National Pretzel Day was yesterday.

Sit back down until next year.

Approx 25,000 likes could prove you wrong. or at least give you pause to learn and explore and expand your base of knowledge and life.

facts

Violence against Asian Americans has increased in large part because of the use of terms such as China Virus, Wuhan Virus or Chinese Virus. We all agree that increased violence against innocent people is wrong, so why push that behavior?

Representative Meng of NY put it best in a recent hearing, speaking to one of her Republican colleagues:

“Your president, and your party, and your colleagues can talk about issues with any other country that you want, but you don’t have to do it by putting a bull’s-eye on the back of Asian-Americans across this country, on our grandparents, on our kids,” said Representative Grace Meng, Democrat of New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT