ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers may not be playing at “Heinz Field” in 2023.

Well they're the exclusive healthcare provider for Rutgers Athletics so I'm sure everything from nutrition to bones, joints and sprains. They'll give athletics money to build the training and health facilities because they're the one's using it as well. Fixing our student athletes ain't free ya know. 🤣

OK then it's not just a naming agreement. Good. I thought I was seeing here it was just naming.

It's some unknown insurance company from Michigan

Acrisure Stadium is the new name. Just rolls off your tongue.

Heinz Field Will Be Renamed Acrisure Stadium​

I’m in the Property & Casualty insurance industry and am very very familiar with Acrisure. They’re a private-equity backed firm that just goes out and acquires small-midsize independent agents to gain market share. Headquartered in Michigan. Personally, not a fan of this development.

The Steelers stadium is 4-5 miles from the main campus. When I visited a couple of years ago, it seemed a lot further away when we took the bus back to the airport from downtown.

c5b27c97aa1c265cd7db32dd58b131c3.jpg

So many a game in Oakland on campus.
Great atmosphere

Thomas Tull is a minority owner of the Steelers and also a significant shareholder of Acrisure so there is a direct connection.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Update on this story and the name change of Heinz Field.

CBS Pittsburgh is reporting that Steeler President Art Rooney II wanted a Pittsburgh based company or Health Care System like UPMC to get the naming rights but the Steelers could get no local takers. The Michigan based company will now have a 15 year agreement on naming the stadium.

Too Bad: UPMC-PITT Stadium would have been great.

LOL!!!!

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Build a new Pitt Stadium on campus, they should have refurbished it in the first place

Actually, that was one of the options they were considering at that time.

There were two camps of alums/fans and I was in the camp of modernizing OLD PITT Stadium.

Obviously our side did not win but I've adjusted to Heinz Field (or whatever) and my Club Seats.

Looking forward to this Pitt Football Season and the Steelers with Kenny Pickett at QB.

Will also be following Ruthers Football and good luck this year.

If you get a chance to watch Pitt kicks off the 2022 College Football Season with a National Broadcast game Sept.1 (ESPN Thursday Night) with West Virginia.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

c5b27c97aa1c265cd7db32dd58b131c3.jpg

So many a game in Oakland on campus.
Great atmosphere

Great old football stadium and in some ways reminds me of Notre Dames stadium.

In the day (before Three Rivers and Heinz) the Pittsburgh Steelers actually played their football games at Pitt Stadium.

The Steelers playing at UPMC-PITT Stadium would have been a return to the past (LOL!!!!)

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Actually, that was one of the options they were considering at that time.

There were two camps of alums/fans and I was in the camp of modernizing OLD PITT Stadium.

Obviously our side did not win but I've adjusted to Heinz Field (or whatever) and my Club Seats.

Looking forward to this Pitt Football Season and the Steelers with Kenny Pickett at QB.

Will also be following Ruthers Football and good luck this year.

If you get a chance to watch Pitt kicks off the 2022 College Football Season with a National Broadcast game Sept.1 (ESPN Thursday Night) with West Virginia.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
The Backyard Brawl returns! One of the great rivalries lost in conference realignment. Is this a one shot deal, or ongoing?

The Backyard Brawl returns! One of the great rivalries lost in conference realignment. Is this a one shot deal, or ongoing?

Actually it is a 4 year deal (2 in Pittsburgh and 2 in West Virginia). I also think Pitt/WVU is looking at another 4 in the future. I think Pitt wanted to oscillate this type of arrangement with Penn State (4 games with PSU and then 4 games with WVU) but PSU didn't want to schedule us (TOO BAD).

That is why I also look forward to Rutgers scheduling games with Boston College, Syracuse and Temple (Old Big East rivals). Maybe in the future we can get a Rutgers- Pitt game scheduled (one in Pittsburgh and one in Shi Stadium)

Rutgers has great fans and always enjoyed talking to you guys before and after the games.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Heinz Field signs and Ketchup bottles being removed from stadium.

New naming rights deal reported to be $150 million for 15 years.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Final comment on this thread.

Heinz finds a way to remain with the Steelers for 5 more years.

"Were happy to say we're going to continue to work with Heinz. Heinz is going to be a corporate sponsor of ours", Ryan Huzjak, Steelers Vice President of Sales and Marketing said Thursday.

The Heinz Red Zone will be sticking around and one of the recently removed ketchup bottles will be put inside the stadium.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!

Final comment on this thread.

Heinz finds a way to remain with the Steelers for 5 more years.

"Were happy to say we're going to continue to work with Heinz. Heinz is going to be a corporate sponsor of ours", Ryan Huzjak, Steelers Vice President of Sales and Marketing said Thursday.

The Heinz Red Zone will be sticking around and one of the recently removed ketchup bottles will be put inside the stadium.

HAIL TO PITT!!!!
Hot dog!

Reactions: Doctor Worm
ADVERTISEMENT