ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

Saw that about and hour ago, what's up? Cardano and other alts are down as well. I guess just some afternoon weakness. I am set with all of my positions, so no more buying unless there is a crazy dip.
It seems on many occasions some crypto’s mirror the dips frequently, that seems to be true with Ethereum and a host of others, out of curiosity in regards to Eth , anyone have a opinion of where they think it may be 3 years down the road, and yes if there is a crazy dip I will most definitely be buying.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
It seems on many occasions some crypto’s mirror the dips frequently, that seems to be true with Ethereum and a host of others, out of curiosity in regards to Eth , anyone have a opinion of where they think it may be 3 years down the road, and yes if there is a crazy dip I will most definitely be buying.
The people I follow who know crypto inside out, one of which ran a very successful hedge fund , predict ethereum to 4000 over the next 1-2 years, bitcoin at 115k by this August.

I am bullish on ETH. There are 1.4 million transactions a day on the network and it is increasing. There is also a major upgrade package coming soon that will increase the speed of transactions and lower the cost. There are some players trying to cut into the ETH business, but as of now, they are very small. Cardano/ADA is frequently mentioned as an ETH competitor, but it only has about 25,000 transactions a day.

Your timeline should be 4 years, not 3 years. The next Bitcoin halfing will likely happen in early 2024. This will start the next bull market run (after this one wraps up at the end of the year).

Here is a great video. BTC and ETH are great cryptos that will coexist since they serve different purposes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Zimm80
The people I follow who know crypto inside out, one of which ran a very successful hedge fund , predict ethereum to 4000 over the next 1-2 years, bitcoin at 115k by this August.
I'm more bullish on ETH, if the 2.0 upgrade goes as planned (which is ramping up due to some recent competition). Assuming this happens, I would look for 7,000-8,000 for ETH during this bull run. BTC around 125,000-140,000.

Reactions: Zimm80
Guy Adami noted this week that there was a resistance level for yields around 1.5%. Apparently that held. For now anyways.

200.gif

I am bullish on ETH. There are 1.4 million transactions a day on the network and it is increasing. There is also a major upgrade package coming soon that will increase the speed of transactions and lower the cost. There are some players trying to cut into the ETH business, but as of now, they are very small. Cardano/ADA is frequently mentioned as an ETH competitor, but it only has about 25,000 transactions a day.

You timeline should be 4 years, not 3 years. The next Bitcoin halfing will likely happen in early 2024. This will start the next bull market run (after this one wraps up at the end of the year).

Here is a great video. BTC and ETH are great cryptos that will coexist since they serve different purposes:

Thanks for your input , you may be right about the 4 years, my gut is definitely liking ETH and I’m positioned well but can’t help but want to buy on these dips, one other Crypto I would like to dabble in world be Polkadot/ Dot1 , I wish they had this available on Coinbase before it explodes upwards.

Thanks for your input , you may be right about the 4 years, my gut is definitely liking ETH and I’m positioned well but can’t help but want to buy on these dips, one other Crypto I would like to dabble in world be Polkadot/ Dot1 , I wish they had this available on Coinbase before it explodes upwards.
Agreed on getting in on another alt or two. I am using Grayscale Trusts (GBTC and ETHE). There has been recent news of them expanding their offerings into alts. Polkadot and Cardano Trusts may be coming soon!

As for buying on the dips, set your plan and stick with it. How much total money do you want to invest? What levels are attractive to you?

Great update from HIVE. Ramping up BTC mining! I believe they are the biggest ETH miner today as well:

Have you ever looked into BitFarms? BFARF?
Here's one for you T2K. North America's largest mining operation, Blockcap, rumored to be in talks to go public with the SPAC YAC. YAC Director named to their board early in February. They reportedly mined twice the amount that RIOT did in Q3 2020.
https://marketchameleon.com/PressRe...rth-american-bitcoin-mining-operator-blockcap

Very interesting, thanks for the heads up!

Heads up, someone started another thread for you to discuss recent purchases...

Reactions: mdk01 and rcube1994
Surprised with the lack of posts in the thread today. I guess nobody wanted to risk the TKR jink on the market! 😂

Fun day:

Also, a bullish article on the EV market:

Reactions: Postman_1
It was a good day. Only if you brought when the market dropped last week. Many of my stocks were down 15% are now only down 10%.

It was a good day. Only if you brought when the market dropped last week. Many of my stocks were down 15% are now only down 10%.
My 4 stocks are currently up:
+160%
+125%
+58%
+14% (just bought this one last week).

Great day today! 😁

Reactions: Postman_1
You know the old saying, dead cat bounce. I’ll be more excited when volatility leaves the market.

Surprised with the lack of posts in the thread today. I guess nobody wanted to risk the TKR jink on the market! 😂

Fun day:

Also, a bullish article on the EV market:

Ya very nice bounce back.

The leader on my board was RIOT at 30%, kind of wish I had bought some more when it was at $45, but I would have had to sell something, and nothing stood out.

As per the EV's, I'm in on F and GM, sold FSR a couple months ago, and that has been running pretty good of late. I did buy THCB recently, and they are a battery maker. I also own BWA a car parts maker who are transitioning more to EV. Plus my semiconductor holdings.

Wouldn't mind a more beta play in the space, maybe if FSKR reigns back in a little, or RIDE.

Last edited:
APTV is another car parts maker poised to capitalize on the growing EV sector.

TTM P/E of 22, but earning's looking to grow significantly in the years ahead.

You know the old saying, dead cat bounce. I’ll be more excited when volatility leaves the market.
Stop being hysterical. Unless you are predicting a long bear market, the dead cat bounce is a nonsensical comment.

APTV is another car parts maker poised to capitalize on the growing EV sector.

TTM P/E of 22, but earning's looking to grow significantly in the years ahead.
Nice list of EV focused companies. Have you ever researched BitFarms and BitFrontier? Both have nice low market caps. BitFarms seems legit, but I'm not sure about BitFrontier. Their history seems a bit sketchy.

HIVE announces earnings tomorrow.

Stop being hysterical. Unless you are predicting a long bear market, the dead cat bounce is a nonsensical comment.
Why? You think we’re setting up for another run to all time highs? I think it’ll trade sideways in a range. Some stocks will take a beating.

Why? You think we’re setting up for another run to all time highs? I think it’ll trade sideways in a range. Some stocks will take a beating.
Yes, all time highs very soon. Papa Powell is on the side of the market and the party will continue. If you think the market will go sideways, the DCB comment is nonsensical.

Yes, all time highs very soon. Papa Powell is on the side of the market and the party will continue. If you think the market will go sideways, the DCB comment is nonsensical.
Enthusiasm is great but knowledge is power.

Trading sideways a hair below all time highs is not a dead cat bounce.
Outstanding quarter for HIVE. I am going to pick-up more shares (when the price is right):

Love that they are focusing on ETH and BTC. Webcast at 10am in this morning!

Reactions: Zimm80 and RU-05
Trading sideways a hair below all time highs is not a dead cat bounce.
Really depends on your definition of dead cat bounce. I don’t think Monday’s rally means we tested lows last week and the market will go higher. I think it’s the usual head fake. But let’s see.

Nice list of EV focused companies. Have you ever researched BitFarms and BitFrontier? Both have nice low market caps. BitFarms seems legit, but I'm not sure about BitFrontier. Their history seems a bit sketchy.

HIVE announces earnings tomorrow.
Nah, haven't researched those two, but outside of chart watching, I can't say I've done much research at all on these miners. I'm letting you guys do the research and make the recommendations.

After watching the video you posted a few days back, I did set up a small position in Bitfrontier as more of a homerun play. In general they trade as a group, but while RIOT is up 123% in the last month, BFCH is up 700%. So not surprisingly more beta from the penny play(though RIOT has shown more beta recently).

I also own DMGGF, and HIVE in addition to RIOT and BFCH, so I don't think I really need to add to the group, just cross the fingers that BTC continue upwards to that 100K level.

Really depends on your definition of dead cat bounce. I don’t think Monday’s rally means we tested lows last week and the market will go higher. I think it’s the usual head fake. But let’s see.
I envision a dead cat being thrown out of a very tall building, it falls a far distance but upon hitting the ground, it bounces.

But end of the day, the cat needs to be buried.

I got back in on RKT at a good time.

Been rolling the past couple days. Super low p/e, so maybe the market has finally sniffed it out? Or is it merely people jumping in to get in on the special dividend?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT