ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Switching My NFL Team Allegiance For Whatever Team Drafts Carroo

Feb 13, 2015
Huge weekend for me as I will be switching alliances from my beloved NFL Colts to a new team. Like everyone here, I am a diehard Rutgers Football fan. Last year, I lost my mother to cancer. I received this text from the teams star wide receiver Leonte Carroo. I work with his godmother and he knows my brother who also is an athlete at Rutgers. So whatever team drafts him, I will officially be a diehard fan of ( yes, even the Cowboys or Patriots).

13094293_10100284172854107_6741981508544746863_n.jpg

At first I was like "Gee, I wonder what this sad sack of an explanation for the thread title will be." And then I read it and was like, "Oh, well, that works for me."

Good for Carroo to take the time to do that. And sorry for your loss.

Met him at the spring game. Gf son wanted to get his autograph but we didn't bring markers. He ran over to another group of kids who he had just finished signing, asked to borrow the marker and signed his autograph. Real class act. Just hope he doesn't end up with the Eagles...:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'd love him to get onto the Eagles. My Eagles sorta have a problem with actually catching the football, and Carroo doesn't drop balls. But we just signed Randle, Givens, and someone else, so I doubt WR is super high on their want list for the draft, especially after trading away so many picks to move up. We'll see.

Thanks for sharing. Really unfortunate what happened the night after the Washington State game. Will cost him some money for sure and tarnishes his reputation. Seems like a really solid kid, and I suspect he is smart enough to keep out of the headlines in the future. I think some team will get a steal if he lasts beyond the 2nd round.

I feel like if I were in a situation where his name would go in my phone, I think I'd put in Carroooooooo instead of just Leonte.

Reactions: Soccermomager
Very classy move by Leonte and my most sincere condolences on your loss.

That being said, why on Earth would you drop your "beloved" Colts, a team you've apparently followed for a long time now, for a new team? Why not just be a Colt fan AND a fan of Leonte Carroo's team on game day? What happens when LC gets traded? Lots to think about IMHO but to each his own and obviously respect your choice to do as such. Interesting conundrum to say the least.

Reactions: oncampus
Classy move by Leonte. I'd love my Cowboys to draft him but really any team is going to be lucky to have him.

Very classy move by Leonte and my most sincere condolences on your loss.

That being said, why on Earth would you drop your "beloved" Colts, a team you've apparently followed for a long time now, for a new team? Why not just be a Colt fan AND a fan of Leonte Carroo's team on game day? What happens when LC gets traded? Lots to think about IMHO but to each his own and obviously respect your choice to do as such. Interesting conundrum to say the least.

Haha simple. Every other team is trying to take what my team is playing for, a Lombardi trophy. Once he is picked by a non-Colts team, they become an obstacle to my teams goal.

I used to really like Michigan State until we joined the B1G. Now I can't root for them.

[QUOTE="BaseballFan913, post: 1889115, member: 5904"Haha simple. Every other team is trying to take what my team is playing for, a Lombardi trophy. Once he is picked by a non-Colts team, they become an obstacle to my teams goal.

I used to really like Michigan State until we joined the B1G. Now I can't root for them.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough (although I think you're going to find it very difficult NOT to root for them...I'm a Giant fan, through-and-through, but still cheer on my childhood team (talking until I was, maybe, 10 or 11 if that...), The Steelers, so long as it doesn't directly effect Big Blue!).

No shame in rooting for Carroo to have huge success even if he's drafted by a team you despise. Look at LeBron James; there is a personal fanbase that is brainwashed to believe he's better than Michael Jordan regardless what team he plays for.

Classy post by Leonte.

I divorced the Dolphins last year for "irreconcilable differences" (read..lack of wins)

I shall be breaking out my Miami shirts, my fav Fins shorts and the Dolphins helmet will again go atop my bookshelf...
[cheers][banana][cheers]

Reactions: Soccermomager
Huge weekend for me as I will be switching alliances from my beloved NFL Colts to a new team. Like everyone here, I am a diehard Rutgers Football fan. Last year, I lost my mother to cancer. I received this text from the teams star wide receiver Leonte Carroo. I work with his godmother and he knows my brother who also is an athlete at Rutgers. So whatever team drafts him, I will officially be a diehard fan of ( yes, even the Cowboys or Patriots).

I think I'd split my loyalties in that case. Root for both teams until they play each other. They're not in the same division.

Well welcome to the turquoise, white and orange:eek:. I'm a Giants fan but, I'm sorry that's still the most God awful color scheme in all of Pro football.

Welcome aboard the Dolfan train. Unfortunately, life will be just like RU football in the last five years. Expect big things, just to be let down. Here's hoping that a change in both regimes, changes Boths fortunes.

Reactions: BaseballFan913
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT