ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Terrible Movie - Interceptor on Netflix

WhichReligionIsRight

Hall of Famer
Oct 19, 2010
Davis, CA
Watched Interceptor last night and immediately put this on my bottom 25 of all time worst movies. Chris Hemsworth has one of the weirdest roles imaginable . Two quick comments - this movie is MST 3000 bad, which is to say it is so bad that it is actually good. The dialogue makes Steven Seagal seem like Winston Churchill or Homer. The second is that Elsa Pataky is pretty good in the movie. All of the rest is straight up garbage.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Watched Interceptor last night and immediately put this on my bottom 25 of all time worst movies. Chris Hemsworth has one of the weirdest roles imaginable . Two quick comments - this movie is MST 3000 bad, which is to say it is so bad that it is actually good. The dialogue makes Steven Seagal seem like Winston Churchill or Homer. The second is that Elsa Pataky is pretty good in the movie. All of the rest is straight up garbage.

Love the MST 3000 reference! What a great show and great writers to pick these “B” movies and come up with hysterical commentary!

I forgot the name of the movie where Chris Hemsworth was a computer hacker on the run or whatever. I fell asleep 10 minutes into it and got kicked out for snoring too loud.

• Haha
Reactions: DirtyRU

Thor is in this movie or just his wife?

Thanks for the warning
I look at the Netflix list of top ten movies and top ten shows as a guide to what I may watch next, figuring they must be good if a lot of people watch
I had interceptor on my list so now I probably pass

Reactions: Jm0513
Added "Interceptor" to my list the other day.
I'm a big fan of "terrible" movies though so I have high hopes.

Started "The Northman" on Peacock last night and fell asleep.
I'm going to chalk it up to me being tired but the movie wasn't really getting me hooked much.
Is the only appeal the violence/gore?

Love the MST 3000 reference! What a great show and great writers to pick these “B” movies and come up with hysterical commentary!
Pluto TV (which you probably get for free if you have a Roku) has a whole channel devoted to MST3K, and another for RiffTrax, which is the cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy) riffing on movies without the robots on the screen. Many a night in the early '90s (after crawling home from the bars with a gyro from the Sunrise grease truck) was spent watching MST3K.

Pluto TV (which you probably get for free if you have a Roku) has a whole channel devoted to MST3K, and another for RiffTrax, which is the cast (Mike Nelson, Bill Corbett and Kevin Murphy) riffing on movies without the robots on the screen. Many a night in the early '90s (after crawling home from the bars with a gyro from the Sunrise grease truck) was spent watching MST3K.
I have Roku but didn’t know about Pluto, thanks! I have a box somewhere of a couple dozen MST 3000s from back in the ‘80s or ‘90. I have to try to find that (and a player from back then).

Reactions: famousbill19
ADVERTISEMENT