ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Thank you for your thoughts and prayers

You think you've got it bad, my psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said, 'okay, you're ugly too.'

giphy.gif

You think you've got it bad, my psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said, 'okay, you're ugly too.'

Another Rodney: “ When I was kid my Parents and I got separated while down at the Beach. I asked a Police Officer can he help me. He said I don’t know kid there are so many places they could be hiding “.

Reactions: Southern Gentleman
I’ve always read your posts/interactions here on Rivals. I don’t post much, mostly lurk. You are a truly a Southern Gentleman. I hope you find comfort & strength. Go Hogs!

Mike, I've been searching for the best words of condolences and support since you started this thread. I'm at a loss as I've seen this before up close (cousin and lived with my aunt and uncle freshman year) and I know there are no magic words, no tricks. But I will offer all my heart/soul and prayers:Pray: :Praying:.
If you have the energy and the spirit turn his memory into a fundraiser for whatever he believed in. People that have done this begin to think more about the good that is done rather solely looking at the loss.
My very best to you and your family.

Mike, I've been searching for the best words of condolences and support since you started this thread. I'm at a loss as I've seen this before up close (cousin and lived with my aunt and uncle freshman year) and I know there are no magic words, no tricks. But I will offer all my heart/soul and prayers:Pray: :Praying:.
If you have the energy and the spirit turn his memory into a fundraiser for whatever he believed in. People that have done this begin to think more about the good that is done rather solely looking at the loss.
My very best to you and your family.

THANK YOU MY FRIEND!

Every day gets a little better. I know that Joseph is in a better place now. My crying episodes have diminished, not gone away, but diminished.

As you would expect, I miss his laughter and his take on life, He made friends wherever he went, and people enjoyed his personality. Since the funeral homes have curtailed their operations, I have learned that he got the last complete funeral in Little Rock.

it is time to move forward! Thank you and thank you to everyone at Rutgers! Your outpouring of love and encouragement has helped me deal with his loss.

May God bless each and every one of you!

I am planning on retiring in July. I have done enough. IF football starts back, I am planning to attend one home game this year and I am looking forward to meeting you and several more then!

SG.

I move to name RU’s basketball’s full court press squad the ‘40 minutes of hell boys’ in honor of the Arkansas championship team...
Likely members:
Omoryui
Mathis
Young
Baker
Harper

True story...I actually rooted for Arkansas football as a kid when Lou Holtz was the coach (I really liked the helmets).

May you find peace, Mr. ‘Southern’.

I move to name RU’s basketball’s full court press squad the ‘40 minutes of hell boys’ in honor of the Arkansas championship team...
Likely members:
Omoryui
Mathis
Young
Baker
Harper

True story...I actually rooted for Arkansas football as a kid when Lou Holtz was the coach (I really liked the helmets).

May you find peace, Mr. ‘Southern’.

I loved Lou Holtz! I will never forget the ass whipping that Arkansas put on Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl in 1978 or 1979. Long time ago. Oklahoma was favored by 18 points. Arkansas won decisively 31-6.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I loved Lou Holtz! I will never forget the ass whipping that Arkansas put on Oklahoma in the Orange Bowl in 1978 or 1979. Long time ago. Oklahoma was favored by 18 points. Arkansas won decisively 31-6.

January 2, 1978 Orange Bowl
#6 Arkansas vs. #2 Oklahoma

(after clicking this link, complimentary link of game follows)

January 2, 1978 Orange Bowl
#6 Arkansas vs. #2 Oklahoma

(after clicking this link, complimentary link of game follows)
I remember watching that Orange Bowl. Arkansas had a truly great defense that year. I hadn’t remembered that Arkansas finished 3rd in the final polls and their only loss that year was 13-9 against Earl Campbell and Texas. And, Notre Dame claimed the AP and UPI championship after beating Texas in the Cotton Bowl with a little-known QB named Joe Montana.

Southern Gentleman,
I've never met you, but I hope to at some point. I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers to you and your family. God bless. I wish I could do more than pray for you and your family.

Southern Gentleman,
I've never met you, but I hope to at some point. I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers to you and your family. God bless. I wish I could do more than pray for you and your family.

Angmo,

prayers are always welcomed! I am doing better each day. Remembering his laughter and funny sarcasm gets me through another day.

And I hope that when football season returns, I will do my best to make a home game and perhaps meet you and some of the many fine people on this message board!

many thanks and go Scarlet Knights! New decade, new season, new coach, new outcome!

ADVERTISEMENT