ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The biggest idiot in all of sports is........

brodsal

Freshman
Jan 4, 2005
Skip Bayless. Passionately arguing that Aaron Rodgers is overrated and refusing to give him any credit for Green Bay's success or specifically their victory over his Cowboys. Refusing to acknowledge that Rodgers played a huge role in developing Adams, Cobb, Nelson and Jared Cook into good/great receivers, instead arguing Rodgers is ONLY good because he is surrounded by them..... total idiot, probably a syracuse grad.....

I looked it up, he went to Vandy.

I too think he's an idiot. I just think he's the typical sports talking head with a loud personality that tries to overpower any logical thought or conversation from happening. I'm surprised he's not a politician.

Reactions: ron313
Oh there are plenty. We can start the list with Bayless and Smith. It continues from there, but, they knew people/worked their way up, are relentless bigmouths who never give up their positions, and made it where none of us have (in that field).

Reactions: RU Golfer
Skip Bayless. Passionately arguing that Aaron Rodgers is overrated and refusing to give him any credit for Green Bay's success or specifically their victory over his Cowboys. Refusing to acknowledge that Rodgers played a huge role in developing Adams, Cobb, Nelson and Jared Cook into good/great receivers, instead arguing Rodgers is ONLY good because he is surrounded by them..... total idiot, probably a syracuse grad.....

He may be #2, but the biggest idiot in all of sports is Carton, and by a landslide.

Yep. Blowhard years ago wrote for the San Jose Mercury News and many articles seemed to just waste ink.

ShaughnessyD.jpg

napol-753648.jpg

Has anyone ever read Bayless' book on the cowboys when he covered them in Dallas in the 90's? I'm surprised Aikman didn't quit FOX when FOXSports hired Bayless. He is not welcome in Dallas or anywhere near the Cowboys organization.

He's the most successful troll ever and everyone eats it up. If only I could make that much money by saying the total opposite of logic just to get people going. I'm jealous.

Bayless is far worse than Smith, if only because I actually think Smith means what he says. Bayless has been stirring people up for no reason since the mid-80s, writing for the Dallas Times-Herald. Even when he was right, he just made you want to beat the crap out of him.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Todd McShay gets my vote as the worst of all time. Never played a down of football and tries to tell you just who will be drafted and where in each round.
He couldn't make water boy at a Division 3 school.

Reactions: RUMountie
Roko, Bingo..He and Smith are just doing shtick. That's what they call entertainment in the world we live in now.
The problem is that it isn't entertaining.

If Craig Carton had more national exposure he would be number one.

An arrogant, know nothing pr*ck who went to Syracuse. That's a strong combination to beat.

"IDIOT" has such an enormous range of possibilities
- gotta do like the Oscars - different categories: and the nominees are -

Commentator - trolling / baiting an audience for self-serving reasons - Bayless, Carton, Rome, Cowherd

Commentator - pure lack of intelligence - Tim McCarver (bless his heart), Brent Musburger .... (note - local market idiot awards - much like 'best foreign language nature short documentary filmed under water" will be recognized prior to the national broadcast)

Commentator - irretrievably sell-absorbed & consumed by own ego - Francessa

Owner (the Schott - Sterling Award) James L. Dolan ... Woody Johnson

Former Players - a very very crowded category - perennial contender Johnny Football ... Manny Ramirez ... Curt Schilling ...Dennis Rodman ...

speaking of blowhards..sounds like Fat Mike F days are numbered at WFAN.

Dog might have been a screeching maniac, but he at least served as a check on Mike's bloated ego. Since Dog left Mike has been unlistenable. Just a rude, out of control narcissistic jackass who knows so little about what he's talking about it's comical.

Reactions: RUMBA-JK
dumb people love to hear other dumb people talk, because to them someone is finally saying what their thinking... because they are dumb.

smarter people will sometimes listen to dumb people to remind themselves of how lucky they are that they are not so dumb. Also when they are feeling dumb, they just need to listen to a real dumb ass to realized they are not as stupid as they thought.

even smarter people try to avoid dumb people as much as possible as to avoid not wasting their time.

actual smart people wouldn't be reading this post, or writing it, so it doesn't matter.

Uhm, yeah, he announced his retirement already. I mean the "general" date, mid-December of this year, has been known for a while now but he made it official last month.

Brent "Burnt Hamburger" Musberger has spent his entire career desperately trying to show off how much an expert he is, when he gets a few tips at production meetings and then talks down to us uninformed fans. Cant wait for Brent to be given his silver watch and the door.

Reactions: jmg75
"IDIOT" has such an enormous range of possibilities
- gotta do like the Oscars - different categories: and the nominees are -

Commentator - trolling / baiting an audience for self-serving reasons - Bayless, Carton, Rome, Cowherd

Commentator - pure lack of intelligence - Tim McCarver (bless his heart), Brent Musburger .... (note - local market idiot awards - much like 'best foreign language nature short documentary filmed under water" will be recognized prior to the national broadcast)

Commentator - irretrievably sell-absorbed & consumed by own ego - Francessa

Owner (the Schott - Sterling Award) James L. Dolan ... Woody Johnson

Former Players - a very very crowded category - perennial contender Johnny Football ... Manny Ramirez ... Curt Schilling ...Dennis Rodman ...

I like where you went with this. However next to McCarver must be Phil Simms. Both stunningly moronic and milquetoast.

Reactions: RUMBA-JK
I remember in 2011 when Mayweather got sentenced to 3 months in jail... Skip said -and he wasnt joking- That he thinks Mayweather purposely got put in jail in attempt to avoid fighting Pacquiao.

Stephen Smith isnt too far behind Skip..both are equal tools.
The show they did together might have been the worst sports talk show I have ever seen. Although in fairness, I can only judge it on the five minutes I watched it one time, which was four minutes too many.

ADVERTISEMENT