ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The NFC east might be worst division in sports history

Dude, Michael Kay had this exact bit today. Do you always rip off his stuff? Man what a zilch. Even @ru66 isn't that big a super fan

I hate reactions like this. Looking today just a few games in and declaring the worst ever. No one does their homework. Lazy post and way too early. At the end of the season there might be some real comparisons but my god the lack of knowledge on here blows my mind.

Reactions: Plum Street
Washington is on their backup QB.
Dallas is on their backup QB.
Eagles don’t have anyone but their QB on offense, and he’s statistically the worst in the league.
Not sure what is wrong with the Giants.

It's not an anomaly, last year the NFC East was by far the worst division, Philly 9-7, Dallas 8-8, NY Giants 4-12, Washington 3-13. Total-- 24-40 record (2nd worst ever). 12 games against each other(12-12), they were 12-28 vs everyone else.

4 Worst division winner with conference records in the 8 division era...
2010 Seattle 7-9 Rams 7-9 SF 6-10 Cards 5-11 25-39
2011 Denver 8-8 SD 8-8 Oak 8-8 KC 7-9 31-33
2013 GB 8-7-1 Chi 8-8 Det 7-9 Minn 5-11 28-35-1
2014 Carolina 7-8-1 Saints 7-9 Atl 6-10 TB 2-14 **22-41-1** 10-29-1

Currently,
Record [NC left] NC record (NFC-E left) NFC-E record {NFC-E home team wins}
Dallas 2-4 [5] 1-4 (5) 1-0 {2-3} 4-7
Philly 1-4-1 [5] 1-3-1 (5) 0-1 {3-2} 4-6-1
Giants 1-5 [6] 0-4 (4) 1-1 {2-2} 3-7
Washington 1-5 [6] 0-4 (4) 1-1 {2-2} 3-7
Combined 5-18-1, 2-15-1, 3 down(3-3)
9 NFC-E games left(9-9). 14-27-1
Next 2 weeks 4 games played, Dallas@Wash and @Philly, Giants@Philly and @Wash. Will anyone go 2-0 and take control of the division?

There are 6 NFL Teams that have 5 wins.
Dallas @home NY 37-34, NY @home Wash 20-19, and Wash @home Philly 27-17
The other 2 wins, Dallas @home 1-5 Atlanta 40-39 and Philly @ 3-3 SF 25-20.

Dallas-- Pitt, @Minn, @Balt, @Cincy, SF
Philly-- @Browns, Sea, @GB, NO, @ Az
NY-- TB, @Cincy, @Sea, Az, Browns, @Balt
Wash-- @Lions, Cincy, @Pitt, @SF, Sea, Carolina

I don't see any gimme wins(Cincy 1-4-1 tied @Philly or @Minnesota 1-5?), and no team looks better than last year. How are any of those teams winning 2 of 5 or 6 away from the NFC-E. Going 4-2 in NFC-E, 6-7 wins might win the division. Eagles have looked the best vs good opponents, Steelers, Ravens, Rams, but lost to a woeful Wash week 1

Last edited:
Reactions: superfan01
2010 Seattle Seahawks won the NFC West with a 7-9 record. They got to host the Wild Card New Orleans Saints even though the Saints were 11-5 and Seattle won the game 41-36.
That was the worst divisional winning record ever in a non strike shortened year.
They were 3-7 outside of their division.

Iggles are banged up. They'll get healthy and fix things. Finish 8-7-1. Not impressive but respectable enough in a down season. You read it here first. 😁

Reactions: mikershoein
Dallas Cowboys lost almost their entire line and are playing with players who have no business playing in the NFL (with the exception of Biadacz (a lost rookie) and Martin of course.) It's showing with Dalton who's running for his life and Zeke who's getting hit frequently a second after the handoff. The defense is also the worst in the league.

Dallas Cowboys lost almost their entire line and are playing with players who have no business playing in the NFL (with the exception of Biadacz (a lost rookie) and Martin of course.) It's showing with Dalton who's running for his life and Zeke who's getting hit frequently a second after the handoff. The defense is also the worst in the league.

You sure you're not talking about the Jets?

Arizona is crushing Dallas right now 31-3 with 9 minutes left.

The Jets had interviewed Kingsbury and wound up with Gase instead. Found this article from January, 2019. It's pretty funny in retrospect

The Jets had interviewed Kingsbury and wound up with Gase instead. Found this article from January, 2019. It's pretty funny in retrospect

Ok this was really funny.

"Imagine if the Jets and Kingsbury came to terms on a deal only to have it blow up in New York’s face two or three years down the road. The Jets would wind up moving on from Kingsbury in the blink of an eye, and the beginning third of Darnold’s career would’ve been wasted."

The Giants have played hard under Judge, and seem to be improving a little every week. Losing Barkley was a killer, and their best pass catchers keep getting hurt. Think they may have found their coach. And their QB, since they won't get a sniff of the Lawrence Sweepstakes. Think they will win two or three more, minimum, during the season, and not just in the division.

The Giants have played hard under Judge, and seem to be improving a little every week. Losing Barkley was a killer, and their best pass catchers keep getting hurt. Think they may have found their coach. And their QB, since they won't get a sniff of the Lawrence Sweepstakes. Think they will win two or three more, minimum, during the season, and not just in the division.

Blaming the coach after 6 weeks given what he inherited was "somewhat" extreme

Iggles are banged up. They'll get healthy and fix things. Finish 8-7-1. Not impressive but respectable enough in a down season. You read it here first. 😁
Going to be tough to do even if everyone gets healthy. They have 1 win now with 5 games left against NFC East teams. Even if they sweep those, they rest of the schedule is tough with no easy games. I can realisticly see them winning the east with 6 or 7 wins.

Reactions: lakejj
What's it say about me that my favorite NFL teams are Washington and the Jets?!?! And Rutgers is my college team! Hopefully, starting this Sat. one of them will start turning things around.

They have played hard. Not at all sold on QB. His best plays have been runs. He has repeatedly exhibited considerable bad judgement and turnovers. Keep hearing it's small hands.

He was actually better last year. Might just be a good back up.

Ok this was really funny.

"Imagine if the Jets and Kingsbury came to terms on a deal only to have it blow up in New York’s face two or three years down the road. The Jets would wind up moving on from Kingsbury in the blink of an eye, and the beginning third of Darnold’s career would’ve been wasted."
I was about to post the same quote. The author of the article should quit writing as a sports journalist. 🤣

Reactions: NickRU714
Boyz playing all OL backups after Martin left the game early. The starting TE is also out for the season. #Let'sGoJets (hope we can catch them for 1st pick in next NFL Draft),

After Martin’s departure, the Cowboys were playing 2019 UDFA Brandon Knight at left tackle and Williams at left guard. Fourth-round rookie Tyler Biadasz was in at center, playing for veteran Joe Looney who is also out hurt. 2019 third-round pick Connor McGovern – who had played just two snaps on the OL last week – came in for Martin and played next to 2020 UDFA Terence Steele.

I think it's funny and great. I've always said if my team's going to suck I hope the whole damn division sucks. Well I finally got my wish.

I think it's funny and great. I've always said if my team's going to suck I hope the whole damn division sucks. Well I finally got my wish.
That’s a good attitude to have. Not the attitude that @WhiteBus has who is in denial about his beloved NFC east and just how historically bad it is.

You are being sarcastic, right? I'd take the 1976 Tampa Bay team against any college team.
Remember the old college all stars vs nfl champs ?
I would say this: all the college all stars this year together for an off-season and training camp with saban and bellichick , could they beat flacco, Gase and the jets this year ?
I think it’s a game at least under those circumstances .

Reactions: cicero grimes
ADVERTISEMENT